Brief Synopsis!!! (Wycombe) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Wycombe)

Jul 12, 2016
Agreed.Despite his physique his first touch yesterday was outstanding.Strange that a player of his calibre was inviting clubs to sign him after his Wembley appearance against us yet DA didn't seem interested.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The way to stop Akinfenwa is stop the ball getting to him with back to goal. Smith was having a poor game and I suggested at half-time that Bulvitis should come on with Songo'o sitting in front.

Not sure why Bradley is getting so much praise, was bullied second half and involved in two of their goals. That said, it was just one game and we need him fit. Like Trebargan, I also noticed him concerned about his hamstring after an awkward clearance. Seemed to be ok to finish - fingers crossed.

C

Cult Of Personality

Conor smith should have been given the role to shield the long ball to Akinfenwa. Get him in front of him Bradley behind and he has no chance. Also argyle stood off there keeper and defenders which let them load up the long ball and it carried on the continued pressure Wycombe were putting on. Tanner should have come on and told to chase and harry the keeper and defenders because Slew and Jervis were tired

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":2f92c9yd said:
Justin":2f92c9yd said:
Balham_Green":2f92c9yd said:
Neither Tanner or Goodwillie have great pace and Goodwillie is not the hardest worker. Problem is midfield are bit short defensively and nobody on bench would have changed that without disrupting defence.

As stated it's not just about pace. It's about the basics. Tweaking tactics. Re-energising. Psychological. Physical. Basic stuff.

You can tweak tactics without subs. Really don't see how bringing on Goodwillie or Tanner would have changed much. Fresh legs stronger tacklers in Midfield would have helped but we didn't have that option without disrupting defence. Basic stuff. Taking in to account how 'average' Smith is that's where we need to strengthen in Jan.

There wasn't a single winning team in any division yesterday that failed to make subs. Yes, I've checked. It's the way to see out games from winning positions as much as it is to stage a comeback.

This is clearly why we lost our 2 goal lead.

We did have midfield options on the bench (eg Purrington) .. no manager would pick a match day squad without those options.

Oct 16, 2016
I'm oft embarrassed by the views of those around me at HP, the lack of knowledge about football at Plymouth is hilarious (generalisation). There's a fella sat in front of me that gets his phone out and talks to (whoever, can't be a friend because a tart like this surely can't have any) as soon as the opposition or argyle score, he then texts once the call is complete. Any criticism or constructive analysis is seen as negative by said individuals. The sky generation and 'theatre' type structure of all seated stadia has killed football, pity

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":46cvc9qz said:
Balham_Green":46cvc9qz said:
Justin":46cvc9qz said:
Balham_Green":46cvc9qz said:
Neither Tanner or Goodwillie have great pace and Goodwillie is not the hardest worker. Problem is midfield are bit short defensively and nobody on bench would have changed that without disrupting defence.

As stated it's not just about pace. It's about the basics. Tweaking tactics. Re-energising. Psychological. Physical. Basic stuff.

You can tweak tactics without subs. Really don't see how bringing on Goodwillie or Tanner would have changed much. Fresh legs stronger tacklers in Midfield would have helped but we didn't have that option without disrupting defence. Basic stuff. Taking in to account how 'average' Smith is that's where we need to strengthen in Jan.

There wasn't a single winning team in any division yesterday that failed to make subs. Yes, I've checked. It's the way to see out games from winning positions as much as it is to stage a comeback.

This is clearly why we lost our 2 goal lead.

We did have midfield options on the bench (eg Purrington) .. no manager would pick a match day squad without those options.

So how many games has Purrington played in Midfield? Guess you know more than Adams who has got us top of the League with imo some average players.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Justin":3ochwqps said:
Balham_Green":3ochwqps said:

Totally on the same wavelength as my thinking too.
The last 10 mins of the game I'd rather have three fresh pairs of legs on the pitch to defend a 3-2 lead, regardless if it changes the formation. Hasten to add, especially after 120mins on a boggy pitch last week.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
For those complaining about no use of substitutes. How many did we use against Doncaster (none) and were there any complaints then?

Another observation. When we went 3-1 up, I could not understand the chant "Ainsworth, Ainsworth what's the score?". Who do we think it motivates, our players or the opposition who want to support their manager? They scored within 3 minutes of our 3rd goal.

Having said that, though, I really thought that Bradley was pulled and pushed by Akinfenwa before their second goal. Why would he fall over when he was in front of his man and preparing to clear the danger?

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":19cud26y said:
Justin":19cud26y said:
Balham_Green":19cud26y said:

Totally on the same wavelength as my thinking too.
The last 10 mins of the game I'd rather have three fresh pairs of legs on the pitch to defend a 3-2 lead, regardless if it changes the formation. Hasten to add, especially after 120mins on a boggy pitch last week.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. How many managers change their formation and especially the defence when they are winning. If he had changed it he would have got shot down for the draw which would probably still have happened. I agree we could have done with more physical strength in Midfield but that wasn't really an option without disrupting the shape.
Re the Newport game. That was FIVE days ago. The normal turnaround from a midweek game is 3 or 4 days. God help us when we have to play 2 games in 3 days New Year. Players will be out on their feet! Also neither Garita or Jervis played the full 120 minutes.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I was realy pxxxxx off yesterday losing a 2 goal lead albeit we gave them 2 goals with poor defending,but give a bit of credit to Wycombe they stuck at it and finished the stronger team I can see why they are on an unbeaten run, not to many teams will be looking forward to playing them,they play to their strengths some people may not like it but it is effective and in Akinfenwa who uses his bulk well and he is not a bad footballer I would like him in my team.