• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Maybe Jephcott and Garrick were not especially good today because they were up against really good defenders. Hardie and Agard didn’t exactly fill their boots either.

Reactions: Greencat26

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cooper - 4
Wilson - 7
Scarr - 6
Gillesphey - 4
Edwards - 5
Houghton - 5
Camara - 5
Mayor - 8
Grant - 6
Hardie - 4
Jephcott - 4

Garrick - 5
Agard - 5
Broom - 5
Broom only 5?
I'd mind yourself, the locals will be at your door with pitchforks

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cooper - 4
I thought he could have saved Charlton's first, Wycombe's first and Wigan's first. I'm usually a big fan of his but he's out of form.
Wilson - 7
The best of our back three, he was solid and carried the ball well.
Scarr - 6
A couple of dodgy moments on the ball, confident aerially.
Gillesphey - 4
Worrying. I was bigging him up pre match, but he was turned far too easily on a number of occasions.
Houghton - 5
Not up to his usual standards.
Edwards - 5
To be honest, I don't think he's had a good game in a while now.
Camara - 4
I'm usually a big fan of his, but I thought he was poor today. Lost the ball cheaply numerous times, including for their first goal.
Mayor - 8
Some people can't recognise his quality but I thought he was comfortably our best player today. Took his goal well, always a threat, not helped by those ahead of him.
Grant - 6
Put in a few decent balls but there was nobody in the box to attack them.
Hardie - 3
Outmuscled throughout, ineffective.
Jephcott - 3
Put a 1v1 wide early on, ineffective, no surprise to see him subbed.

Garrick - 5
More of a threat than Jephcott, although I still wouldn't go so far as to say he played well.
Broom -5
Lively. I thought he should have replaced Camara, not Mayor.
Agard - 4
Lost the ball cheaply and that led to their second.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I thought they were strong at the back and McClean the best player on the pitch. Camara poor today by his standards, would win the ball and then give it away cheaply, final pass and decision often poor. Scarr another not at his best, Cooper has gone off the boil a bit and Gillespie made to look ordinary today.
Hopefully the cup next weekend will be a welcome break and we can regroup a bit.

Reactions: Chip green

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Some sense of reality is needed, we haven't suddenly failed, games against the strongest teams in this league have shown that we just weren't as good as our league position suggested and the confidence levels have taken a knock.

Ideally some reinforcements to the squad are needed though finding good players in January isn't easy. At the moment the lack of decent options upfront is a managerial nightmare.

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Our players have not become a liability over night. The way some people talk you would think we were adrift at the bottom of the table showing no fight, no desire & couldn't care less attitude.

The players have been applying themselves, I would be more worried if we were not creating anything

Some games chances will not stick for the strikers as shown by RLs removal of Jephers- would the game have panned out differently if he scored I guess we will never know

The last 3 games we have played have been against better teams- RL would have gauged what League 1 level we are currently at

Our players will be their harshest critic they will be gutted but they are human, they are not robots who will be programmed to win every game & sometimes as fans we have to accept they gave there all & came up short against a stronger better team- that is nothing to be ashamed off.

Football is a fine margins game which levels out during the course of the season- we are not even halfway through & I am extremely proud of where we are.

These losses will not define our season- it is what you learn from these games that spurr you on to improve & get better

The league is not won in November, December, January- the league will have many twists & turns before the 46th game

Our players have the tools to be successful- they just need to iron out the issues they are currently having on the training ground which I'm sure they will do over the week- they will not quit, they will not throw the towel in & they need our support

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
There's a general feeling on here that we're not top of the table material and that we're over achieving, so let's just shut up and go back to mid table, where we're supposed to be.

That's absolute rubbish.

Wigan were very beatable. Despite all the money they've spent there wasn't a big difference between the teams.

We let them win it because of our poor, low tempo and error ridden performance.
Surprisingly, yesterday in those freezing conditions I would have expected a high tempo game if only to prevent the players freezing there nuts off.

What was the result of our slow game ? A very high number of intercepted passes and possession reversal to Wigan.

And our defence has become a big problem.

We desperately need a rethink at left back. We either need Cooper in there as wing back or to add Laws in a 4-5-1 formation to shore things up until we can bring someone in in January.

Apr 28, 2019
Looking back now was it a stroke of genius to sub Jephcott in the 40th minute or an act of humiliation?

Jephcott was poor but I thought he could have been subbed during half time, that said Garrick assisted in Mayor's goal three minutes after coming on.

I'm sure Jephcott will be ok and Lowe will explain his reasons but not nice to see him subbed like that and similar to Camara last season at Fleetwood.
An act of frustration probably from a manager who's just watched him miss a really good chance. And had he scored it, we might have gone on to win.

Did anyone else notice the shake of the head from Jephcott when he'd passed Lowe heading to the bench ?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
My immediate thought and comment after the Jephcott substitution was “there’s an admission from the manager that he got his tactics wrong”.

Jephcott and Garrick are completely different types of player. I think Lowe chose to start with J became wanted his dropping deep, link-up play to counter Wigan pressing our midfielders to prevent us playing out from the back. Just as he did on Tuesday against Wycombe. But after 40 minutes it became apparent to him that he needed pace up front to stretch their defence.

The issue really is that neither of them have both abilities. Ennis does I think.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
An act of frustration probably from a manager who's just watched him miss a really good chance. And had he scored it, we might have gone on to win.

Did anyone else notice the shake of the head from Jephcott when he'd passed Lowe heading to the bench ?

I find it odd that Jephcott got back into the side so easily.

Reactions: Tonka
Sep 6, 2006
There's a general feeling on here that we're not top of the table material and that we're over achieving, so let's just shut up and go back to mid table, where we're supposed to be.

That's absolute rubbish.

Wigan were very beatable. Despite all the money they've spent there wasn't a big difference between the teams.

We let them win it because of our poor, low tempo and error ridden performance.
Surprisingly, yesterday in those freezing conditions I would have expected a high tempo game if only to prevent the players freezing there nuts off.

What was the result of our slow game ? A very high number of intercepted passes and possession reversal to Wigan.

And our defence has become a big problem.

We desperately need a rethink at left back. We either need Cooper in there as wing back or to add Laws in a 4-5-1 formation to shore things up until we can bring someone in in January.
I think you are the one talking absolute rubbish. You say the defence is a 'big problem,' so how CAN we be 'top of table material'? Let's put a winger who can't defend in there. That would help wouldn't it?!!!

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
How come? Hardly any competition for places up front is there..
Garrick had, from what I saw, a good game at Accrington, being involved in two of the goals, was then sensational against Wednesday. So the team weren't great at Charlton. In comes Jephcott who was ineffective against Wycombe and totally lost last night. When he is presented with a chance at the moment he's wasteful. I hope international recognition hasn't convinced him he only has to step onto the pitch in league 1

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I find it odd that Jephcott got back into the side so easily.
This is why I think his inclusion against Wycombe and his early removal yesterday were tactical. He does different things from Hardie and Garrick and is the only one of the three who drops deep to receive the ball. Teams with stronger defences don’t give our quicker forwards the space in behind to run into so that kind of link up play is needed.

As per my previous post. Ennis can do the deeper link play and has pace and finishing ability. It’s easy to forget (not saying you gave) that we’ve been missing our main striker for the whole of the season so far.