Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Wigan pressed and hurried us. They are strong and well organised.

We were weak up front and gifted them two goals with schoolboy errors.

If it wasn't for the two gifts we probably would have won the game but that's football.

Very frustrating but hopefully Lowe sorts it out and gets us back to winning ways.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’m a little surprised to see people saying that Camara had a good game. I’m usually a big fan of his but I thought he was quite poor tonight, he lost the ball that led to Wigan’s first goal and didn’t do a lot else.

Mayor was our best player and I was surprised to see Broom replace him and not Camara.

May 16, 2015
Still in a better position than we would have expected at the beginning of the season but worrying common factors in the 3 defeats:
- movements not flowing as earlier
- defensive lapses
- goalkeeping errors
- lack of penetration in the final third
- poor finishing

We need to put those right to start winning again

Oct 11, 2014
Again, lapses in concentration cost us. The first goal, was down to Cooper. He should never have came out that far. I thought for large parts of the 2nd half, we were good, and I felt a goal was coming had we kept pressing, or at least of kept it 1-1. But then we left ourselves open at the back. That pass when 3 wigan players were marking one man is what cost the 2nd goal, a schoolboy error and could have easily been prevented.

From watching the last two games, we clearly need a bit of height in the team. Teams will now stop our free flowing play, and we need to get options in during the transfer window where we can change it up and go direct. A big CF will also help with set pieces and corners. To get out of this league, you need to be able to play different systems and change it up.

Jan 11, 2016
Luggy's team stormed to the Championship 2.0 seasons after leaving the basement - it can be done. It had something to do with the players if I remember rightly. Most of them were quite good.

Reactions: arrythewurzel
Jul 28, 2020
Half time guest Adrian Burrows was certainly right. Argyle lacked a “spark”. It’s the worst I’ve seen us play for quite a while: disjointed, lacklustre, and haplesss. We were weak in both boxes. Not much to warm the fans in very cold and windy conditions, or to draw casual fans back, after that display.

Maybe Ryan Lowe will begin to appreciate the benefits of changing the formation around. 3-6-1 or 4-5-1 would have worked much better today with a target man up top.

The good news is a return to form and a brilliant goal ( from our only shot on target) from Danny Mayor, also the imminent return of Nial Ennis.

A busy time coming up for Ryan Lowe, in the transfer window, I’m thinking ....

Reactions: HerthaBSC
May 16, 2015
Spot on….

We are being found out by the better teams in league 1. All 7 goals conceded in the last 3 games have been avoidable. We lack pace in defence. We are not getting crosses into the box as we were. Grant has been quiet, Edwards and Camara work hard but lack quality with the final ball or pass. Jephcott and Hardie have been powder puff . Let’s hope we can get Ennis up to speed as soon as possible. Could be 5 losses on the trot with the two tough away games to come. We could finish 11/12th ,best case scenario 6th dependent on January transfer window.

Reactions: chester

J Y Kelly

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 14, 2006
We are a work in progress. Anyone who thought we were going to storm the league after last season is deluded, and I don't understand the criticism of the side after a few bad results. This side is good enough to get us to where we are at the moment but short of a few players to get us up. I think people underestimate how strong the relegated teams are when it comes tactics, "game management" and their physical strength. Players aren't automatons and have bad days. After the Ipswich game they were a team of heroes worthy of the freedom of the city with a keeper capable of playing in the Premier League. After today, in many people's eyes, they are weak, disorganised, not strong enough, with a keeper who has a crisis of confidence. The manager has been out thought tactically and Ryan Broom is better than Danny Mayor who is better than Ryan Broom who is... etc. etc. What we have is a good squad that tries it's hardest every time they take to the field and are sometimes not good enough - that's just a fact of life.

Rant over and out.

May 16, 2016
Before we beat ourselves up too much and start dueling at dawn to settle the Broom v Mayor argument. It's worth pausing and considering that 3 of the 4 Teams that have beaten us thus far, sit 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the League with us currently sitting 4th. The other side to beat us were described as "being on a roll, on the up, new manager bounce" etc etc.

Bit of context to go to sleep on.

It might get worse, it could get better.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Looking back now was it a stroke of genius to sub Jephcott in the 40th minute or an act of humiliation?

Jephcott was poor but I thought he could have been subbed during half time, that said Garrick assisted in Mayor's goal three minutes after coming on.

I'm sure Jephcott will be ok and Lowe will explain his reasons but not nice to see him subbed like that and similar to Camara last season at Fleetwood.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If he responds as well as Camara did last season all will be good. It did look like a stroke of genius at the time but Garrick was pretty poor himself once he had laid on the goal.