Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Aug 11, 2013
I thought we did a lot of work on data analysis? What’s the win ratio when Broom starts as opposed to when he doesn’t ? Anyone?

Also our style of play completely changes?

Broom and Grant are a huge threat down the left when Broom plays but Grant can’t get into the game without Broom in front of him. Brooms absence completely changes our shape and style of play.? Not only that - the game is flatter the crowd quieter when he’s not about.

I find it odd that Lowe changed the team after the Wednesday game when I thought we played the best football in 20 years. Since then we’ve conceded 7 and scored 1. Galloway’s absence?

Michael Cooper is making our defenders nervous. He’s all over the place at the moment. Nervy and hesitant.

Galloway is going to be a massive loss that’s clear.

I thought subbing Jephcott was harsh too. We don’t want to go back to that spell where players were afraid to make a mistake for fear of being subbed.

I’m sat here tonight really scratching my head. Where did it all go wrong ?

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Sorry Postey, while I agree with quite a few of your points, Camarà MOTM? I thought he was awful. Passed when he should have shot and some of his other passes were dreadful.
Mayor easily MOTM and, sadly, Broom nowhere near that level.
Only DM, Wilson and maybe Edwards anywhere near good enough today.
Cheerio Agard

Nov 2, 2004
I thought we did a lot of work on data analysis? What’s the win ratio when Broom starts as opposed to when he doesn’t ? Anyone?

Broom and Grant are a huge threat down the left when Broom plays but Grant can’t get into the game without Broom in front of him. Brooms absence completely changes our shape and style of play.? Not only that - the game is flatter the crowd quieter when he’s not about.

I find it odd that Lowe changed the team after the Wednesday game when I thought we played the best football in 29 years. Since then we’ve conceded 7 and scored 1. Galloway’s absence.

Michael Cooper is making our defenders nervous. He’s all over the place at the moment. Nervy and hesitant.

I thought subbing Jephcott was harsh too. We don’t want to go back to that spell where players were afraid to make a mistake for fear of being subbed.

Agree with all of this, subbing players in the first half should be reserved for players who cannot be arsed.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

I find it odd that Lowe changed the team after the Wednesday game when I thought we played the best football in 20 years. Since then we’ve conceded 7 and scored 1. Galloway’s absence?

What!!??

Replacing Mayor with Broom handed the three points to Wigan! Mayor repeatedly went into their box and caused problems AND scored (which puts him one behind Broom with far less mins played and having not scored when it stuck in a puddle). Broom came on and coughed up possession with 2 or 3 aimless 'catching practice' crosses. But still everyone says he's better so, must be!
Also Jephcott was lucky to stay on 20 minutes.

Reactions: justanotherfan
Aug 11, 2013
What!!??

Replacing Mayor with Broom handed the three points to Wigan! Mayor repeatedly went into their box and caused problems AND scored (which puts him one behind Broom with far less mins played and having not scored when it stuck in a puddle). Broom came on and coughed up possession with 2 or 3 aimless 'catching practice' crosses. But still everyone says he's better so, must be!
Can’t see I refer to Mayor ?

Apr 1, 2009
Agree with all of this, subbing players in the first half should be reserved for players who cannot be arsed.
So, no tactical subs in the first half? What nonsense. It actually reflects worst on the manager who is effectively admitting that he picked the wrong team, but there has to be the flexibility to make a change if it is necessary.

Last edited:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sorry Postey, while I agree with quite a few of your points, Camarà MOTM? I thought he was awful. Passed when he should have shot and some of his other passes were dreadful.
Mayor easily MOTM and, sadly, Broom nowhere near that level.
Only DM, Wilson and maybe Edwards anywhere near good enough today.
Cheerio Agard

No problem, it's just my opinion on the game, rightly or wrongly.

Aug 11, 2013
You do refer to Broom however, who, despite the absolute love in, came on tonight and chipped the ball into the keeper's arms a couple of times when we needed to keep the pressure on.
I never commented on his performance today either ? My point was about stats and our pattern of play.

May 16, 2016
What!!??

Are you by any chance, ex Forces ? I was thinking something along the Sniper lines.

J Y Kelly

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 14, 2006
Maybe Danny Mayor had just run out of juice after a while out of the game. If so, then who better to bring on than Broom?

Apr 1, 2017
So, no tactical subs in the first half? What nonsense. It actually reflects worst on the manager who is effectively admitting that he picked the wrong team, but there has to be the flexibility to make a change if it is necessary.
Tactical? Garrick was just as bad...

Reactions: ealinggreen

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The winning goal was scored from the exact same position where Jephcott missed.
From looking at the highlights Wigan's first goal is a howler from Cooper.