Brief Synopsis (Oxford) sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis (Oxford) sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So, on another occasion, Mickey, Camara could attempt that and succeed, and he could be away and creating a goal for us. You can say the same about Danny Mayor, and you do, come to think of it. The important thing is the number of occasions that it comes off compared to the number of times that it leaves us in trouble.
Iā€™ve seen it happen with Foden, Mount and many other top class players.
That is when a decent well organised defence should be there to help him out.
Last season, you had numerous reasons to find fault with our formation but I just feel that, this season, after a 12 game unbeaten run, we should all be looking at the positives.
Letā€™s hope there are more positives than negatives tonight.

Jan 6, 2004
Sturrock mark 1 may have got better results but the standard of football was not as high. This team is up there with Holloway and Shilton teams for sheer aplomb. Results matter most, but it is nice watching what is probably the most attractive football in the league

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Would Pan prefer to have kept the ball there? Yes. Will he learn from it and play safer next time? Maybe, but maybe we play a relatively high-risk game and you just account for those errors. Is it a major problem for us? No.

And it's not easy to just 'take the sting' out of the game at this level or any level, when you're faced with a high-tempo, high pressing side of relatively equal ability throwing the kitchen sink at you. What ends up happening is passing the ball about in your own half, getting deeper and deeper. I haven't seen the Camara clip on the extended highlights, but if that comes off then we may beat the press and be on another attack.

Anyway, our third goal WAS us passing the ball about a silly number of times in the opposition half, then killing the game with a third goal. So not really sure what more the team can do.

Mar 14, 2009
1. You've missed my point. I described you as a 'frustrated football manager', meaning you seemingly want to be one but aren't. Not that you are frustrated.
2. I'm afraid you've put yourself in a shoebox due to the repetitive content of your posts.
2. For every example you can give me of managers successfully tweaking a formation, there will be thousands of not-so-successful examples.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the team to be better or having an opinion about tactics. But you have gone on and on and on about Lowe's system almost from day one, regardless of where we are in the league or how well we're playing. Sometimes it's okay to change the record and actually recognise when he gets it right - as he has done so far this season.

I happen to agree with you that we probably won't be in the shake-up for the top two places. But that's besides the point. We're currently top of the league yet you're still piling on the negative pseudo-analysis and disguising it as 'constructive criticism'. Guess what, Argyle aren't perfect - nor will they ever be. No football team in the history of the sport controlled 100% of every game without getting sloppy, or tired, or error-prone. What makes you think Argyle should be any different?

The quest for perfection you're on would even be a little weird if you were a fan of PSG or Man City. Yet you support Plymouth Argyle of English League One.

Give the analysis a rest and enjoy the ride.
1. Why use the word frustrated then if you didnā€™t mean it? Werid

2. Iā€™m afraid people like you ignore the postive things l say (which lve said a lot in the games lve watched in brief synposis, but tend to focus on the other stuff. Thatā€™s labelling and shoeboxing.

3. And this is the best one. Our manager, who you say lm negative about, has even tweaked our formation (so we got more our of Jephcott this season and the team by playing him deeper. Something you said you canā€™t magically do).

Jephcott is now deeper and not as a pair.

So low and behold lā€™ve gone on about his system, and in the season we are doing well in, he has tweaked it.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/jephcott-plymouth-argyle-assist-king-6074309

All lm saying is there are times opposition managers are more adaptable in tight games with about 20 to 30 mins to go.

Its not a quest for perfection. It to have realistic ambitions. The playoffs, which l said if we can score more goals from midfield, are realistic. The top two automatic spots arenā€™t.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019
1. Why use the word frustrated then if you didnā€™t mean it? Werid

2. Iā€™m afraid people like you ignore the postive things l say (which lve said a lot in the games lve watched in brief synposis, but tend to focus on the other stuff. Thatā€™s labelling and shoeboxing.

3. And this is the best one. Our manager, who you say lm negative about, has even tweaked our formation by playing Jephcott deeper and not as a pair. And as your saying how good it is currently it kind of destroys your argument about not tweaking formations.

So low and behold lā€™ve gone on about his system, and in the season we are doing well in, he has tweaked it.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/jephcott-plymouth-argyle-assist-king-6074309

All lm saying is there are times opposition managers are more adaptable in tight games with about 20 to 30 mins to go.

Its not a quest for perfection. It to have realistic ambitions. The playoffs, which l said if we can score more goals from midfield, are realistic. The top two automatic spots arenā€™t.
Sorry, you lost me at 'people like you'.

Enjoy the game tonight. I'll look out for your pseudo-analysis tomorrow in which you pretend to know better than an actual professional football manager whose team are top of the league.

Mar 14, 2009
As for the other points by people.

Sturrock didnā€™t have the budget of Lowe. He found ridiculously good players like Friio and Larrieu on a free with wages from lower league French football we could afford.

There are lots of reasons to be postive. The improvement is remarkable from last season.

My points lā€™ve made are from the perspective of where we currently sit on league 1. I donā€™t think top two is sustainable if you keep giving possession baxk so easily when the opposition is having a spell.

If you donā€™t take the sting out of a game at times you will give better teams the momentum to capatlise. Thatā€™s what we did on Saturday (in part) but we were fortunate Oxford weā€™re so wasteful.

l really donā€™t understand whatā€™s wrong with being balanced in opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2009
Sorry, you lost me at 'people like you'.

Enjoy the game tonight. I'll look out for your pseudo-analysis tomorrow in which you pretend to know better than an actual professional football manager whose team are top of the league.
This is what happens. Iā€™m happy to debate the point.

You canā€™t though, so you get personal. Itā€™s what people do unfortunately when they lose the argument.

I donā€™t depend to know better. I just state an opinion and have a debate. The problem is when l put points forward people, like in this situation, get all defensive and tell me lm a wannabe manager all because lā€™ve made an observation that doesnā€™t suit their narrative.

Last edited:

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
1. You've missed my point. I described you as a 'frustrated football manager', meaning you seemingly want to be one but aren't. Not that you are frustrated.
2. I'm afraid you've put yourself in a shoebox due to the repetitive content of your posts.
2. For every example you can give me of managers successfully tweaking a formation, there will be thousands of not-so-successful examples.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the team to be better or having an opinion about tactics. But you have gone on and on and on about Lowe's system almost from day one, regardless of where we are in the league or how well we're playing. Sometimes it's okay to change the record and actually recognise when he gets it right - as he has done so far this season.

I happen to agree with you that we probably won't be in the shake-up for the top two places. But that's besides the point. We're currently top of the league yet you're still piling on the negative pseudo-analysis and disguising it as 'constructive criticism'. Guess what, Argyle aren't perfect - nor will they ever be. No football team in the history of the sport controlled 100% of every game without getting sloppy, or tired, or error-prone. What makes you think Argyle should be any different?

The quest for perfection you're on would even be a little weird if you were a fan of PSG or Man City. Yet you support Plymouth Argyle of English League One.

Give the analysis a rest and enjoy the ride.
I am pleased you have written that post, simply because I have been made to feel sometimes that I am being unfair. I wanted to say what you have said but could not have put it so eloquently. There is not a word or sentiment that I can disagree with.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner
Aug 10, 2006
enjoyed that the 3rd goal was hysterical have to feel a bit sorry for mayor, enjoy the ride people forget all the analysis tactics ect no team is perfect just enjoy it.

Mar 14, 2009
I am pleased you have written that post, simply because I have been made to feel sometimes that I am being unfair. I wanted to say what you have said but could not have put it so eloquently. There is not a word or sentiment that I can disagree with.

Wow, even when there is an article saying Jephcott is playing deeper, in a 3-5-1-1 system you still rather agree with someone that disagrees with managers tweeking a formation. A poster that wonders why l go on about how itā€™s good to evolve your tactics and our manager obviously thinks the same as he has changed the system with Jephcott playing deeper.

l give up.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Wow, even when there is an article saying Jephcott is playing deeper, in a 3-5-1-1 system you still rather agree with someone that disagrees with managers tweeking a formation. A poster that wonders why l go on about how itā€™s good to evolve your tactics and our manager obviously thinks the same as he has changed the system with Jephcott playing deeper.

l give up.
It's someone's opinion Mickey , we're all entitled to them , you defend yours , why not accept gracefully that not everyone agrees with how you express it .

Mar 14, 2009
It's someone's opinion Mickey , we're all entitled to them , you defend yours , why not accept gracefully that not everyone agrees with how you express it .

I donā€™t have a problem with opinions. Itā€™s what happens when you have them opinions.

If l didnt gracefully accept, then l would resort to other forms of expression to get my point across.

Someone like Davie Nine l have good debates with. We disagree at times, but move on.

Itā€™s a few others unfortunately who keep telling me my posts are negative, when they have been anything but this season. Thereā€™s a difference between realistic & negative.

l've raved about Camara for past 12 months. Made repetitive posts on how good he is. Yet it doesnā€™t suit some narrative that l constantly bring this up.

Is, what it is. Social mediaā€™s strength, is also itā€™s weakness.

Last edited:

The Pasty Kid

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
I enjoy your posts very much. Yes you do sound negative sometimes but you make interesting points

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I donā€™t have a problem with opinions. Itā€™s what happens when you have them opinions.

If l didnt gracefully accept, then l would resort to other forms of expression to get my point across.

Someone like Davie Nine l have good debates with. We disagree at times, but move on.

Itā€™s a few others unfortunately who keep telling me my posts are negative, when they have been anything but this season. Thereā€™s a difference between realistic & negative.

l've raved about Camara for past 12 months. Made repetitive posts on how good he is. Yet it doesnā€™t suit some narrative that l constantly bring this up.

Is, what it is.
I also enjoy our debates, Mickey. However, you have just said that you rave about Camara and regularly say how good he is, which you do.
This is why I thought that using Camara as an example of a player losing possession in the Oxford game was a surprisingly poor one because there are more occasions when he gains possession by his persistence, commitment and enthusiasm.