Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Oct 31, 2015
Was it Donny who did it to us a few weeks ago? Probably learnt from that mistake to be fair

Jun 27, 2021
The time very often doesn't get added on. And if it does, it will be a regulation 30 seconds. A slow walk off from Jordan Houghton, who knows the game, clapping all four ends of the ground as he goes off, whispers an instruction to Panutche Camara on his way off, is greeted by a pat on the back from Lowe and a handshake from Schuey, before Randell does some knee jumps, loosens his neck muscles, pulls his socks down and then back up, and slowly jogs on.
It's all to drain time.
Next time you are watching a game, see what time is added on, check if subs are made after that and see whether the ref adds on any time for that sub. As I say, they very often don't bother from what I've noticed.
As for appearance fees for non-playing subs? If you haven't come off the bench you haven't made an appearance.
You won't win an England cap if you sit the whole game on the bench.
Not sure I am with you there.
This is one of my pet hates.. goals, subs and time waste in injury time and very often referee will still blow on the minute he requested.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The time very often doesn't get added on. And if it does, it will be a regulation 30 seconds. A slow walk off from Jordan Houghton, who knows the game, clapping all four ends of the ground as he goes off, whispers an instruction to Panutche Camara on his way off, is greeted by a pat on the back from Lowe and a handshake from Schuey, before Randell does some knee jumps, loosens his neck muscles, pulls his socks down and then back up, and slowly jogs on.
It's all to drain time.
Next time you are watching a game, see what time is added on, check if subs are made after that and see whether the ref adds on any time for that sub. As I say, they very often don't bother from what I've noticed.
As for appearance fees for non-playing subs? If you haven't come off the bench you haven't made an appearance.
You won't win an England cap if you sit the whole game on the bench.
Not sure I am with you there.
Very well dressed up Knibbs but I don't think all of the above would stretch much over 30 seconds in most cases. I do note such things watching games and I have noticed some referees add every second with 5 minutes turning into 7 and others who barely allow a second extra.
Not sure I am with you either and what England caps have to do with Argyle players' contracts. Obviously they won't win a cap but would all players selected in an England squad not get the same fee?
In the old days when it was just 11 on duty on a match day or 12 when a sub was brought in during the late 60s it was standard practise to have a bonus for first team appearances. A lot of young players I guess will have a bonus for appearing in the first team. What the situation is with more senior players in the days of match day squads of 17 I really don't know hence I made the comment. I thought possibly their contract might state there was a bonus for being part of the match day squad rather than actually coming on to play. Another player could have a goal bonus built in, would all players' contracts be the same? I don't know and do any of us for that matter?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Subs should not be allowed in injury time. Blatantly an attempt to waste time
What about injuries?
What if there are 10 minutes or more due to an earlier injury?
First half and second half injury times?
Genuine tactical change (when would Derek get his 3rd left-back on?)?

Aug 5, 2016
Very well dressed up Knibbs but I don't think all of the above would stretch much over 30 seconds in most cases. I do note such things watching games and I have noticed some referees add every second with 5 minutes turning into 7 and others who barely allow a second extra.
Not sure I am with you either and what England caps have to do with Argyle players' contracts. Obviously they won't win a cap but would all players selected in an England squad not get the same fee?
In the old days when it was just 11 on duty on a match day or 12 when a sub was brought in during the late 60s it was standard practise to have a bonus for first team appearances. A lot of young players I guess will have a bonus for appearing in the first team. What the situation is with more senior players in the days of match day squads of 17 I really don't know hence I made the comment. I thought possibly their contract might state there was a bonus for being part of the match day squad rather than actually coming on to play. Another player could have a goal bonus built in, would all players' contracts be the same? I don't know and do any of us for that matter?

But an appearance is an appearance, and
not coming off the bench is not an appearance? If you look at Luke Jephcott's appearances for Argyle, those are times he has played and contributed, it doesn't include games he sat on the bench the whole time and wasn't involved.
Unless they have adjusted the contracts to change appearance bonuses to 'matchday squad bonus'?
I don't have any knowledge of Randell's contract, but from reading players' autobiographies and various books, appearance bonuses are pretty common, same as goal bonuses. And getting off the bench for a young lad like Adam Randell can be worth a fair bit extra to him.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't disagree with any of that Knibbs. I guess there isn't a standard contract clause reference appearance bonuses, goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses, win bonuses or anything else and would assume each contract is negotiated individually between the club and the player and his agent? It always was the norm to have first team appearance bonuses in contracts but whether that is still the case in the days of large matchday squads I have no idea.