Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Am sat at home, somewhat bemused but amazingly dry.

Some good stuff there tonight, think Houghton, Broom and Camara are a classy midfield, but their number 37 still emerged as a main danger man.

Coops made several good saves and his overall game has come on so much from last year, but I still can’t make up my mind if he should have saved their goal or if he was totally flukes by their cross/shot.

I thought our defence remained solid, other than Coops excellent saves I don’t think we looked troubled.

Ryan Hardie scored again and had a couple of other chances, he and Jephers do work well together and I don’t care which of them scores.

Turning to Crewe, apart from the immensely frustrating time wasting we see all the time these days, I thought they actually played some decent possession football. They were comfortable on the ball, their passing and movement better than their league position would have suggested. They didn’t just sit back and park the bus having gone 1-0 up, but they played a good away performance - which is where we still struggle to overcome.

Overall, a point salvaged but we had enough chances to win it, and some refs might have given us at least one of the penalty shouts. Come Saturday it will be 5 games in 15 days and some of those guys will have played most if not every minute. Think it showed a little bit tonight

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
Their number 23 was on a yellow card and yet we didn’t run at him? Similarly number 5 could hardly move and we never exploited that!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tonight was definitely frustrating but what I do find positive is that we’ve gone behind in our last 3 games and in all 3 we’ve come back, we’ve refused to be beaten & we’ve picked up results, that shows the character we were lacking last season.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Superb cupped ear goal celebration from Hardie. Although most of us think the team look tired, we were much fitter than Crewe in the last ten. At the full time whistle two or three of their players sat down straight away as if they had little more to give.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just checked and we had 26 shots, but only 5 on target. That needs to improve. Other than that keep playing that way in general and we'll be more than alright

Reactions: David Doidge
D

Deleted member 9145

Yes practice you’re shooting.
Coops made up for his early blooper.
Garrick is not a good LWB but does look a good winger , quick and positive.
I think hardie will be disappointed with just the one.

Sep 6, 2006
Tonight was definitely frustrating but what I do find positive is that we’ve gone behind in our last 3 games and in all 3 we’ve come back, we’ve refused to be beaten & we’ve picked up results, that shows the character we were lacking last season.
I don't find it positive that we keep conceding first

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Seems like I'm in the minority, but I thought Argyle were very good this evening. Yes, we squandered some good opportunities, but our overall play was excellent at times and we look so confident on the ball. The 1st half was all Argyle and in the 2nd half Crewe were very shrewd in breaking up the flow of the game with lots of frustrating stops and delays.

Reactions: Drake

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We were definitely better than we were on Saturday. Saturday we got the win & tonight we just couldn’t.

If you’d have offered me the start we have had before a ball was kicked I’d have bitten your hand off.

Sep 6, 2006
Seems like I'm in the minority, but I thought Argyle were very good this evening. Yes, we squandered some good opportunities, but our overall play was excellent at times and we look so confident on the ball. The 1st half was all Argyle and in the 2nd half Crewe were very shrewd in breaking up the flow of the game with lots of frustrating stops and delays.
I do wonder which games people watch. This all Argyle 1st half. That would be when Cooper made 3 excellent saves. Dont remember their keeper making many.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I do wonder which games people watch. This all Argyle 1st half. That would be when Cooper made 3 excellent saves. Dont remember their keeper making many.
So good performances are based on saves? Cooper made one very good save and one standard save for a professional keeper. Argyle were largely camped in the Crewe half and while we didn't create loads of clear cut chances, we totally dominated.

Reactions: Tonka
Jun 16, 2021
Sadly a bad mistake by Cooper for the first goal when he was anticipating across and left the near post wide open. Was it a fluke mis hit cross or a blinding bit of opportunism from the Crewe player. I didn't see it swerve or deflect so personally I think it was the latter. Cooper Error for me

Despite all our dominance in the first half pretty much all the shots were blocked by defenders and we hardly worked the goalie. 2nd half Cooper redeemed himself with a string of good saves that saved us further embarassment. Saturday we played poorly and got very lucky, tonight we played decent enough and should have won bar a keepers error. Over the 2 games I think its evened itself up with 4 points which is disappointing from 2 home games against the bottom 2 teams.
Broom makes things happens and personally he would be the first name on team sheet even when Mayor is fit.
I think we lose Wilson for at least 1 game following a concussion injury so that is not good news. Ghillesphie was limping for most of the game and is already slow enough without an injury.
Given our injury crisis with potentially some of our better players sidelined i think 4th in the league is incredible and hope we get them back soon and can kick on

Sep 6, 2006
So good performances are based on saves? Cooper made one very good save and one standard save for a professional keeper. Argyle were largely camped in the Crewe half and while we didn't create loads of clear cut chances, we totally dominated.
He made more than that. It couldn't be all Argyle when they threatened us on several occasions. Doesn't make sense. I was relieved to get a point. Couldn't see us scoring