Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I remember Cooper making one good stop and a couple of regulation stops.

I thought we were the better side for the vast majority of the game, whilst I absolutely recognise that we need to be more clinical, I think the 26 - 10 shot stats quite accurately reflect the game I watched.

Crewe hit us on the break a few times in the first half and made their pace tell, in the second half, bar a 5 minute spell, they largely sat deep, looked to waste time and hang on whilst we pushed.

I thought we were better tonight than on Saturday and I thought Doncaster were a much better side than Crewe, so itā€™s funny how football goes.

I think had we found the winning goal, people would be calling that a good display.

D

Deleted member 9145

They scored with a fluke, coops made 2 good saves, we had 26 shots, I was disappointed not relieved with a point.
Midfield in particular need to spend a lot of time practicing shooting.

Reactions: Green 1886
Sep 6, 2006
They scored with a fluke, coops made 2 good saves, we had 26 shots, I was disappointed not relieved with a point.
Midfield in particular need to spend a lot of time practicing shooting.
26 shots means nothing when most of them are fired aimlessly over the bar or straight at keeper. How many decent saves did he make? I really couldn't see us scoring especially not from set pieces as usual.

Sep 6, 2006

I thought we were the better side for the vast majority of the game, whilst I absolutely recognise that we need to be more clinical, I think the 26 - 10 shot stats quite accurately reflect the game I watched.

Crewe hit us on the break a few times in the first half and made their pace tell, in the second half, bar a 5 minute spell, they largely sat deep, looked to waste time and hang on whilst we pushed.

I thought we were better tonight than on Saturday and I thought Doncaster were a much better side than Crewe, so itā€™s funny how football goes.

I think had we found the winning goal, people would be calling that a good display.
And if we hadn't scored people would be calling it a poor display! And had we scored 4 goals people would be calling it a great display! We were playing 2nd bottom team and could have been 2 or 3 down at h.t. Lets not dress it up.

D

Deleted member 9145

I agree the finishing was awful, ample chances we just didnā€™t take them. Broom had one from 12 yards he just had to stroke into the net and he skied it.

Sep 6, 2006
I agree the finishing was awful, ample chances we just didnā€™t take them. Broom had one from 12 yards he just had to stroke into the net and he skied it.
He's not a goalscorer. Neither is anybody else in Midfield which is why we are struggling to score goals at home. Against bottom half teams.

Sep 6, 2006

And yet on the match thread you call us 'slow and ponderous'!!

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
To reliant on Hardie for goals at the moment. Jephcott's all round play was ok but didn't look dangerous and his lack of pace was plain to see on one occasion. Broom and Camara played well but should really have got shots/free kicks on target.
I don't think there's a easy answer to this in the absence of Ennis, who is a quality player. I guess Agard for Jephcott is the option to try out.

May 16, 2016
In amongst those 26 shots, we have to offer praise to a well drilled Crewe defence tactic of packing everyone into their box quicker than we could get there. They put a man on or in the way of anyone that got within a foot of the penalty area.

It's difficult to get the ball through a pile of bodies.

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Reading some peoples thoughts you would think they want perfection for 90 plus minutes & would expect the boys to win by 5 or 6 nil every game
Yes Crewe were, are still in the bottom 4 but the league table means zilch in September
It is not a given that when we play at home the away team will lie down & let us tummy tickle them & beat them by 5 or 6- i dont know if peoples expectations are going through the roof but we are unbeaten in 9- yet it is not good enough for some people, they want more, more more
Whats to say if Crewe didnt score a fluke goal- would the game have panned out differently
Football is all about fine margins & the fact that for the last 2 games we have come back from behind & got a win & a draw tells me all i need to know about my football team
These boys put their all into every game & their never say die attitude is there for all to see
Maybe some people need to cut them some slack, we are creating chances, we are not chasing games by being 2 nil down & having a 2nd half malaise
The bigger picture is looking very rosy- you cant win every game, so if you cant win you make sure you dont lose & that is what the boys did last night

Rant over - we move on to the next game & hope Conor & Willo will be able to play

Nov 2, 2004
No way was the goal Coopers fault. Like Gunner I had a great view, Cooper was where he should be and where he would be next week. The cross was like a Exocet and a complete fluke. These things happen not every goal is somebodyā€™s fault. A big up for Gillesphey who quite early on was injured, he was limping throughout but kept going and still had an excellent game. He is the best passer of a ball in our team. Hereā€™s hoping his injury is not to bad .

Sep 3, 2009
Thought a draw was about right.

We had more possession and dominated the ball at times, yet Crewe had the better clear-cut chances. Had we been the away team, weā€™d be saying we were unlucky.

Always think 10 games is a good point for an initial assessment. 1 defeat in 10 is way beyond most peopleā€™s pre-season expectations - including, I imagine, Ryan Lowe. So, hats off for that.

It is, however, very early on. Unless we can get some of our injured players back soon, it feels like the lack of depth in the squad will hurt us. Iā€™m not yet changing my mantra that a comfortable mid-table finish feels like progress this season.

Some are making too much of the fact that weā€™ve failed to put away ā€˜bottom halfā€™ teams. Itā€™ll be another 10 games before the league table starts to take proper shape. It could look very different by Xmas.

Still, another positive battling performance. Agree with Cobi that it is great to see an Argyle side with the ability to fight back when going behind.

One final point - I donā€™t blame Agard for Lowe dropping him into an alien position. Yes, he struggled a bit at times but he was still the main driver for us getting up the pitch at times in the 2nd half and created the opening for Broom to set up the goal.

Take a point on Saturday to keep the run going.

Reactions: Ray Stidwell
Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Sadly a bad mistake by Cooper for the first goal when he was anticipating across and left the near post wide open. Was it a fluke mis hit cross or a blinding bit of opportunism from the Crewe player. I didn't see it swerve or deflect so personally I think it was the latter. Cooper Error for me

Despite all our dominance in the first half pretty much all the shots were blocked by defenders and we hardly worked the goalie. 2nd half Cooper redeemed himself with a string of good saves that saved us further embarassment. Saturday we played poorly and got very lucky, tonight we played decent enough and should have won bar a keepers error. Over the 2 games I think its evened itself up with 4 points which is disappointing from 2 home games against the bottom 2 teams.
Broom makes things happens and personally he would be the first name on team sheet even when Mayor is fit.
I think we lose Wilson for at least 1 game following a concussion injury so that is not good news. Ghillesphie was limping for most of the game and is already slow enough without an injury.
Given our injury crisis with potentially some of our better players sidelined i think 4th in the league is incredible and hope we get them back soon and can kick on
Definitely a fluke...I was sitting at pitch level directly behind the guy when he struck it. He was shaping up for a cross and mishit it beautifully. The sheepish look on his face when celebrating said it all. Cooper not at fault.

Reactions: kernow19

Penlee

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Strange that Artell took off their best player, #37 Bennett. Immediately afterwards we scored.

Cooper most certainly not at fault for first goal. Nobody in the ground expected a shot on goal, and I think Cooper was right to prepare for a cross. Howā€™s your memory? My sons are convinced that in our Dave Smith promotion year we kept conceding early goals at home, then recovering. Are they right? Past stats donā€™t show goal times.