• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
68/9 and 69/70 quite similar crowds
You just missed the 58-59 start. 10 or 11 20,000 plus to start plus a 30000 Boxing Day encounter
Yes about 6 years before I started attending. That is huge attendances for the 3rd division. Was there a reason for this, was it a time nationwide for big attendances or was there a reason why at Argyle? I see we won promotion but you say attendances began at 20,000 plus.

Oct 15, 2017
Not sure about that. Mayors ability to slip a tackle could have been just what we needed. Cooper looked nervous and, frankly, all over the place with his distribution. Other sides will surely take note and press us hard at the back from now on.
Although I didn’t agree with subbing Hardie and leaving Jephcott on Garrick showed us a couple of glimpses of frightening pace which bodes well.

First of all, cooper is a good Keeper but his distribution is slow and ponderous if you watch the move for the
Donny goal their keeper quickly throws the ball to a player on the right and two passes later they score.

Feb 8, 2005
First of all, cooper is a good Keeper but his distribution is slow and ponderous if you watch the move for the
Donny goal their keeper quickly throws the ball to a player on the right and two passes later they score.
I think you'll find that was because the player was in space, and drove forward, whereas Cooper was slow in doing similar because there was nobody in space, they were being marked by an opposing player.

He is always looking for a quick throw out but if no-one is available he has to hold onto the ball.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
In that season it was somehow amazing to think that the attendance was only 31 short of 27,000 on 04.09.58. for a home game against Rochdale of all teams. What was that all about?
Few other distractions? Unless you had Redifusion there was only one TV Channel and few homes had a TV anyway. Football was comparatively cheap and was rarely televised at thst time. Chairman Ron Blindell felt that having updates throughout the afternoon on Grandstand was the start of a slippery slope. In someway he was right.

Last edited:

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I think you'll find that was because the player was in space, and drove forward, whereas Cooper was slow in doing similar because there was nobody in space, they were being marked by an opposing player.

He is always looking for a quick throw out but if no-one is available he has to hold onto the ball.
Although I agree that Doncaster were really good at pressing, there were some occasions (not many) when an early ball was possible but not taken. Cooper needs to get braver and have more urgency at times, he is young and this is one part of the game he can improve on to become even better.

Reactions: Superguy
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Was there any word on why Galloway was subbed? I don't imagine it was tactical.

I really hope he's back on Tuesday, he's been first class this season.
Obviously, with a few years of injuries behind him, I'm hoping we can keep him on the field & this isn't a set back.
I thought he looked a bit jaded on Saturday, understandably after so many games in a row given his fitness record. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gillesphey start tomorrow.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Although I agree that Doncaster were really good at pressing, there were some occasions (not many) when an early ball was possible but not taken. Cooper needs to get braver and have more urgency at times, he is young and this is one part of the game he can improve on to become even better.
Anyone watching the highlights of the Brentford v Liverpool game will have observed how Brentford's keeper David Raya 's passing range was a key weapon in getting from back to front with accuracy. He made 11 passes to direct Ivan Toney up front leaving Klopp to remark that he played like a No.10.

Cooper definitely has similar distance and accuracy in his locker and with Hardie (and even more so Garrick when on the pitch) it would give us an pacey option to beat the three-on-three press which teams increasingly and sometimes effectively employ against us. It is not a resort to long ball tactics but such a selective approach, based on Brentford's data analytics undermined Liverpool's defensive strengths. Not many teams are capable of doing it but with Cooper we are one of those teams.

Reactions: saxman

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I thought he looked a bit jaded on Saturday, understandably after so many games in a row given his fitness record. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gillesphey start tomorrow.
Looked tired but he also played every ball sideways and back to Cooper. Every ball!
I was interested when Gillesphey came on that he played every ball forward and lofted some forward. Every ball! ;)
Either that was you can't take the Aussie League out of the player or Lowey asked him to get the ball forward to get us on top of the game? :unsure:

Both good players nice to have realistic options this season!

Jun 27, 2021
I think Wellens was sent off because the water bottle he kicked hit me. It was indeed an empty bottle so wasn’t a big deal but the stewards saw and reported it to the lino. I think they might have thought it hit one of my kids, because the Donny assistant manager came over super apologetic afterwards and took some persuading that it wasn’t a problem….just great to get the win!
Good man for taking it with grace, hate when people make a drama out of a nothing, like you say we got the win and the ‘last laugh’

Reactions: Penmaster
Jun 27, 2021
Definitely wasn't behind the line. He got there well before.
Have to agree I was surprised no one said much more about it. Had such a good game apart from that so I’ll let him off a slip up and at full pace it may have looked worse than it was but my god the melt down if that was one of the lads from last season would have been something.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Have to agree I was surprised no one said much more about it. Had such a good game apart from that so I’ll let him off a slip up and at full pace it may have looked worse than it was but my god the melt down if that was one of the lads from last season would have been something.
Have you guys ever played football? At best a 50-50 chance to clear :rolleyes: