Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Jan 11, 2016
Are you related to Ron Blindell?

We will do well to top 10,000 for Crewe which is either the glass half-full or half-empty.

It's where we are at the moment and in the current climate I reckon It's pretty good despite basically agreeing with you.

It's just a reality that Pymouth only periodically comes to life as a soccer city. That's why we may at the moment have a better team than Sheffield Wednesday but we are not a bigger club.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought it was refreshing that Doncaster came to win the game (in contrast to Fleetwood, Cambridge and Gillingham). They could have sat back on their lead, they didn’t, they could have even sat back for a point, they didn’t. They left 2 or 3 up for corners and didn’t slow the game in any way. It made for a more open affair. I’d be surprised if they’re still in the relegation zone in 5-10 games. They weren’t world beaters but they were the best side to come to HP this season so far.

Last edited:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I thought today’s attendance was pretty poor, 11000!
if they won’t come and support Argyle when we are doing very well goodness knows what the attendances will drop to when/if we hit a bad patch

The attendances at the start of the season are the best since our days in the Championship.
All five home games have been 10,000+.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Personally I think Mike Cooper is far, far, far, far, far, far better in all departments than Matthews, who has barely played in 2 or 3 years.

I’d have Mike Cooper ahead of Remi Matthews and Alex Palmer, all day long.
Me too 👍

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
In 56 seasons following Argyle these are the biggest home attendances comfortably to start a 3rd tier campaign even allowing for the hundreds of non attending season ticket holders now included. I don't remember home crowds higher than 8 or 9,000 at the start of a campaign and can remember regular 5,000 crowds. We have averaged less in promotion seasons before. We are averaging 11,000 plus and have still to entertain Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and a bank holiday crowd for Wimbledon NYD. If we are still in the top 6 come January then the average will further increase. Crewe on Tuesday will I think be our first sub 10,000 of the season but I am surprised anyone could find attendances disappointing.

Reactions: NLG and Greenfox

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I am impressed not only with the attendances this season, but the atmosphere. The Devonport is as good as I have ever heard it, even before all seater, sustained noise throughout the game, and all 3 sides of the ground buzzing at times. Hope we can keep it above 10K for Crewe, think we might, just.

Jan 7, 2013
There is an NHS ticket give away for the Crewe game! Every NHS employee or volunteer have been offered 2 free tickets for blocks between the zoo corner and away fans! Not sure how many have been snapped up but if these are included in the attendance we should manage to keep it above 10k!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I am impressed not only with the attendances this season, but the atmosphere. The Devonport is as good as I have ever heard it, even before all seater, sustained noise throughout the game, and all 3 sides of the ground buzzing at times. Hope we can keep it above 10K for Crewe, think we might, just.

Agree with this. The atmosphere’s this season have been far better with all sides of the ground getting involved. We’ve really got a group we can get behind this season.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
In 56 seasons following Argyle these are the biggest home attendances comfortably to start a 3rd tier campaign even allowing for the hundreds of non attending season ticket holders now included. I don't remember home crowds higher than 8 or 9,000 at the start of a campaign and can remember regular 5,000 crowds. We have averaged less in promotion seasons before. We are averaging 11,000 plus and have still to entertain Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey and a bank holiday crowd for Wimbledon NYD. If we are still in the top 6 come January then the average will further increase. Crewe on Tuesday will I think be our first sub 10,000 of the season but I am surprised anyone could find attendances disappointing.
You just missed the 58-59 start. 10 or 11 20,000 plus to start plus a 30000 Boxing Day encounter

Reactions: dunlop

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There is an NHS ticket give away for the Crewe game! Every NHS employee or volunteer have been offered 2 free tickets for blocks between the zoo corner and away fans! Not sure how many have been snapped up but if these are included in the attendance we should manage to keep it above 10k!

Plus cheaper tickets for fans - £12 in lower Mayflower or £20 for the Lyndhurst/Devonport.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I have just watched the 9 minutes and 40 seconds of extended highlights.
I think that, based on views expressed on Pasoti, most of us came away from that game feeling that we did not play that well. Certainly, if Doncaster had scored when Wilson made that headed clearance, we would have struggled to get a point.
However, in that brief video of highlights, I counted, at least, 6 occasions when we strung together 5 consecutive positive passing movements.or more.
The move leading up to the 1st penalty had 8 consecutive passes and the one leading up to the 2nd had 6.
Considering that their keeper made several excellent saves, perhaps, we weren’t so bad, after all.

Aug 16, 2021
Having been at Pompey, and seen the 2nd half effort in particular, I wasn't surprised at yesterday's lacklustre performance. Its hard to follow up on games like that, especially after a 95th min equaliser, there looked like some dead legs out there. Donny had clearly done their homework and closed us down the moment Cooper rolled the ball out to anyone, making him hesitant and he, and the defence, hoofing the ball more often than not. That's not the Lowe way and we struggled.

Was there any word on why Galloway was subbed? I don't imagine it was tactical.

I really hope he's back on Tuesday, he's been first class this season.
Obviously, with a few years of injuries behind him, I'm hoping we can keep him on the field & this isn't a set back.