Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Feb 8, 2005
Donny played 4-3-3 with the three up front covering our three at the back, as well as putting a midfielder on Houghton, with their remaining 2 midfielders able to cover the wingbacks.

That IS difficult to play out from the back as we set up 3-1-4-2 and doesn't give Cooper anyone to pass to.

Well done, Wellens!

I know Lowe doesn't change his formations, but I hope he learns from this. We didn't beat Donny because we played through them, we won because they were negligent in giving us two penalty opportunities.

Perhaps a 3-2-3-2 would have been a better system to play, giving the team a better chance of passing through the thirds from the back, which we found difficult all match.

Reactions: Superguy

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I thought that at the time. That sort of thing happens surprisingly often and never gets called out.
I mentioned it to RGB that his standing foot was a good yard outside the area and unless he had a deformity it must be handball.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Quick observation having watched this morning on Argyle TV.

The first penalty. Camara was stood on the edge of the box but looking back towards Michael Cooper. Strange.

If he isn't looking he should stand away from the action. He was central and alert for the second to be fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala Green

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Quick observation having watched this morning on Argyle TV.

The first penalty. Camara was stood on the edge of the box but looking back towards Michael Cooper. Strange.

If he isn't looking he should stand away from the action. He was central and alert for the second to be fair.
Good spot I saw that too, I think he was watching the crowd’s reaction. It looked like a superstition thing. For the second penalty he was much more alert but he also appears to touch and “bless” the penalty sport. See on the full Match replay at 2 hours and 50 seconds.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Did anyone see the board go up for added minutes? Certainly, the announcer didn’t announce it.
I think he played 8 minutes extra.

Oct 20, 2015
Congratulations to the team, RL and the backroom staff. And the shop staff and the tea lady! I had convinced myself that today was going to be a total disappointment, as I'm so used to losing to sides that are at or near the bottom of the table.

As others have said - when we 'win ugly' then a lot of credit has to go to the back three. I feel like there's almost universal PASOTI approval for Wilson, Scarr and Galloway. Credit to Donny too for coming to play and not to frustrate, a la Cambridge, Gillingham etc.

As RL says, this is a 'purple patch'. They come and go. It won't last all season, much as we want it to. But there's ingredients in our squad to help us weather any storm. Cautiously optimistic for a playoff position, but fairly certain we won't be enduring the bile we saw at the end of last season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I think Wellens was sent off because the water bottle he kicked hit me. It was indeed an empty bottle so wasn’t a big deal but the stewards saw and reported it to the lino. I think they might have thought it hit one of my kids, because the Donny assistant manager came over super apologetic afterwards and took some persuading that it wasn’t a problem….just great to get the win!
Great work Agent Thatsdarts - the way you threw yourself into the path of the flying water bottle to ensure there was just enough contact to hide your dive and give the ref no option but to produce a straight red card was a great piece of gamesmanship…

Reactions: SeaninStDenys

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Just watched the game back - god Mr Kettle loves is b*****y whistle
We garaged the Rolls Royce yesterday & became a misfiring , sputtering Skoda which was running on fumes but had enough in the tank to get over the line
This team is full of warriors that has shown they can play both sides of the game (pretty & ugly)
3pts is all that matters at full time
Donny is forgotten we move on to Crewe who knows whether we will see the Rolls Royce or the Skoda but these boys will never raise the white flag
Marvelous times to be a green :D (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: David Doidge

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Just a small observation. All credit to Doncaster for their approach to the game. Leaving two up at our corners was a master stroke and might have got them the result. Statistically, you are as likely to concede straight after your own corner as score. In recent years, Argyle have had spells when they were more likely to concede after their own corners! One reason for this is that your best defenders are all in their penalty area. We had Edwards and Camara (not among our best defenders) marking their best two attackers. Have a look at Pan's defensive work vis a vis the goal scorer - who should have netted a hat-trick from finding space on the far post yesterday. I think that someone at HP needs to examine the data analytics on this one, and soon.

Reactions: Greenlou64

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Minor thing but did anyone actually see the board go up? We didn’t and had no idea whether we were playing additional time or not.