Brief Synopsis - Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis - Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd

Aug 5, 2015
It’s a well known fact that L1 teams regularly put 6 or 7 past non league teams. You can almost guarantee it. Happens all the time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If you leave, THEY win.

Defend the corner, this is Plymouth Argyle FANS on the Internet after all.

Remember those that call us 'Green Tints' (🤨) should have a word with themselves, if you are an Argyle fan, you have to have a green tint.

Not only that, if you do bugger off, where are you going to go? Facebook? Twitter? - See my point? 😛

Jun 16, 2021
I would like to think we could put 3 past some of the poorer teams in lge 1 so 5 or 6 against a non league is not unrealistic at all.

Its a pre season friendly so its meaningless other than a run out for the lads and match fitness.

We will soon find out how good we actually are but I see the team being capable of a mid table finish barring key injuries.

I would love us to rip up the league but like the bookies I cant see it with the current squad and that does not me less of a fan.
Too many people can't separate their wishes from an objective view of the team due to the emotional attachment aka gween tonts

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: briangreen
Jun 16, 2021
There is a difference between perception and reality.
5.00 pm on Saturday we will have the 1st indication albeit way too early to predict the season.
We have seen RL teams go on good runs but equally go on bad runs.
It would be nice to have a solid consistent start and build on it

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The first 40 minutes of what I heard this afternoon, plus some of the second half, had me really pessimistic Ian.

Remember a Pessimist is an Optimist with better information.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
To my mind, the results of our pre-season friendlies have been pretty much as expected (although not as good as I'd hoped.)
But, for some on here, we beat a team a league and a bit below us (last season's positions), but, apparently, 3:0 is not good enough.

We lose by the odd goal against sides that are a league and a bit above us. That's not good enough either.

There's green tint and then there's scat brown!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I was there too. Thought first 45 Torquay did quite well against "the big club down the road". Broom was struggling to find the final ball (to be expected given his length of time with the squad), Law was poor and Jeffers invisible

I always felt we had gears that we could have gone through if needed. At no point did we have our first 11 in the pitch together.

Torquay are non-league but are about 55 league places below us. 55 above us is mid to top Championship - say Swansea or Middlesbrough - perhaps their fans are disappointed they didn't put 3 past us without return, yet some of our fans are worrying thar we didn't beat them.

Expectations eh?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
My god I’m glad I wasn’t there or watching this game. It’s pre-season for crying out loud. Maybe 60% of the intensity of a league game. Nobody wanting injuries. Ten games in I will have a view. I can’t wait to get to the first home game and no pre-season blathering on Pasoti will inform my opinion prior to that. To be wringing your hands now is deluded.

Sep 15, 2020
Well put Plymouthboy uk - could not agree more
I wish i was as clever as some of the posters who know all about the capabilities of the squad after a few pre season matches.
I don't come on this forum very often but it really p's me of when i see new players being criticized after being with the club for a few weeks or in the case of Broom , part way through his first match.
Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion ,that's what forums are for but lets make it sensible and constructive

Reactions: 999mattyg

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wish you would come on more Mog. We need people like you on here buddy. 👍

Jun 16, 2021
The starting XI is stronger than last year but arguably the squad isn't if we get a few key injuries ie 1. Ennis 2.Scarr 3.Wilson 4 Mayor 5 Edwards

God forbid if 2 or 3 or worse again all 5 were out injured at the same time.
Then I think we would really really struggle.

I'm still hoping for a mid table finish though

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i really enjoyed the match against a very good team.ennis will be signed by a prem club soon i think,an outstanding signing by argyle,randell also magnificent and i was very impressed by broom,full of energy,we are going up. :)