Brief Synopsis (Millwall) sponsored by Bromleigh House | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Millwall) sponsored by Bromleigh House

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Pre kick-off Forshaw spent ages with Dewsnip discussing who knows what. It probably wasn't the team selection because it was announced before they went to the changing room.

Couple of surprises, Edwards picked to play alongside Randell in midfield whilst Whittaker and Bundu were switched left and right. Galloway preferred at left wing-back.

It looked like that we were set up to be solid and we dealt with early pressure, not with ease, but certainly I dint feel we were overly exposed.

As the half wore on we came into the game more and Bundu and Morgs got shots away but didn't threaten.

No changes at half-time and the game went into the balance with both teams going close, Bundu wasteful and Whittaker failed to get a shot away when clear and was caught.

News from Huddersfield v Birmingham filtered through and we seemed to go up a gear. Phillips picked up an injury and he was replaced by Pleggy. Gibson jibbed a challenge and the ball eventually went out for a Milwall corner. Argyle defended the corner but from the follow up, Millwall's Cooper out jumped Pleggy and his looping header went beyond Argyle's Cooper.

We made a load of changes, including Scarr going up front, but it was too late.

A bizarre Millwall pitch invasion at the end.

Cooper 6
Gibson 3
Phillips 6
Scarr 7
Galloway 7
Edwards 7
Randell 6
Mumba 7
Whittaker 6
Bundu 5
Waine 6

Hardie 5
Plegezuelo 5
Devine n/a
Sorinola n/a
Wright n/a
Forshaw - unused
Houghton - unused
Issaka - unused
Roberts - unused
Hazard - unused

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
Oct 5, 2013
We deserved a draw for our overall performance.
But the inability to score when we should do remains the main issue.
For me that lack of basic defending by Pleggy to gift them their goal was a real shocker. OK, he probably got pushed, but then he just bent downwards and made no effort to put the attacker off by jumping up. He probably thought heā€™d be awarded a free kick and maybe he should have been, but what occurred was a very naive piece of defending.
Fortunately, the dropped point hasnā€™t materially changed things, in terms of potential outcomes and what is required from our final match.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
For me that lack of basic defending by Pleggy to gift them their goal was a real shocker. OK, he probably got pushed, but then he just bent downwards and made no effort to put the attacker off by jumping up. He probably thought heā€™d be awarded a free kick and maybe he should have been, but what occurred was a very naive piece of defending.
Fortunately, the dropped point hasnā€™t materially changed things, in terms of potential outcomes and what is required from our final match.
Whilst Pleggy could have done better I wouldn't pin this one on him. One of the shortest up against the tallest.

We could though look at many aimless corners from Randell, Bundu's missed opportunities as well as failing to play Edwards through on a break, or even Phillips passes to no one.

We have been exposed again as a League one side. If we do survive a big rebuild is required to save a majority of Argyle fan's nerves next season.

Sep 6, 2006
Of course the dropped point has changed things. It would mean a draw v Hull would have kept us up!

May 8, 2015
The pitch invasion was a bit bizarre - not in celebration but just wanted to goad us, the stewards had a bit of string as a useless barrier. There were also missiles being thrown at us and a used vape thing just missed me thankfully. I now know why they don't print a programme any more as after dragging their knuckles for so long they wouldn't be able to turn the pages. That's why the lower tier was empty - we see that now. Costing their club revenue - must be so proud of themselves.

Dec 20, 2022
Against a team who barely broke into a sweat, we set up not to lose. Edwards in midfield wtf??

Millwall basically squeezed the hell out of the thirds meaning more often than not the ball was hoofed long towards the ineffectual Waine. He didn't get near anything, we really need an extra body in midfield.

Only one goal was ever going to settle it and aside from Whittaker being played in and getting tackled by Leonard it didn't look like we were going to score it. A deep cross was met by a looping header, with a 6 ft 5 defender having been replaced by a 5 ft 9 one.

Millwall celebrated their 18th place by invading the pitch, fortunately a few half arsed stewards and

I said at the start of the day, as long as we finish the day outside the bottom 3 I'll be satisfied. So it goes to the final day, I doubt we'll beat Hull so will be reliant on Norwich doing the job for us at St Andrews and us limping over the line.
Slightly worried the Ginger šŸ€ will be hyper motivated but Birmingham are truly terrible so fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

Reactions: SurreyJanner