• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

A

Anonymous

"Quite simply we have no money in the pot for the start of the new football season this Saturday and we have to pay wages at the end of the month," explained joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.

"We have written to Bishop International Limited asking them to come up with additional funds because they have been unable to complete the purchase of the club before the start of the new season this Saturday. Without this requested funding the administrators will have difficult decisions to make about the options they have left.

"We have to be realistic about the deals being put together to find the funds to buy football clubs. Multi millionaires with open cheque books prepared to pay for a loss making business are a dying breed. Administrators of any company have a duty and obligation to get the best possible outcome for creditors -- in this case, that includes staff and players. If Bishop International Limited is unable to complete the deal we will, of course, look at all other viable options, subject to them being able to provide immediate funding."

Guilfoyle praised Plymouth Argyle staff and fans, who have already bought 2,845 season tickets for the 2011/12 football season - money that is held in a separate trust fund and which will be released only on a game by game basis. "Both staff and fans have been magnificent in their support. It's a reflection of fans' passion for the club that 2,000 turned out for a friendly against Truro last week

A

Anonymous

I read it as pay us the effing money, or else.

I also read (in a Scottish accent) 'Contingency Planners, ready'? :greensmile:

A

Anonymous

matteh.":397kmht6 said:
hamzie":397kmht6 said:
I'm confused! What happened to the 'other' Press Release, that appeared briefly here?

I thought that too. Don't be worried though, I print screened it if anyone wants another look! ;)

I think a certain Mr Webb, put the last one up. :lol:

Aug 2, 2008
Chris Webb":35pcv3kn said:
"Quite simply we have no money in the pot for the start of the new football season this Saturday and we have to pay wages at the end of the month," explained joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.

"We have written to Bishop International Limited asking them to come up with additional funds because they have been unable to complete the purchase of the club before the start of the new season this Saturday. Without this requested funding the administrators will have difficult decisions to make about the options they have left.

"We have to be realistic about the deals being put together to find the funds to buy football clubs. Multi millionaires with open cheque books prepared to pay for a loss making business are a dying breed. Administrators of any company have a duty and obligation to get the best possible outcome for creditors -- in this case, that includes staff and players. If Bishop International Limited is unable to complete the deal we will, of course, look at all other viable options, subject to them being able to provide immediate funding."

Guilfoyle praised Plymouth Argyle staff and fans, who have already bought 2,845 season tickets for the 2011/12 football season - money that is held in a separate trust fund and which will be released only on a game by game basis. "Both staff and fans have been magnificent in their support. It's a reflection of fans' passion for the club that 2,000 turned out for a friendly against Truro last week

He better not think of folding the club as there was other options available at the start of the process. We had better not end up with out a club because of his incompentance. :banghead: :banghead:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 30, 2003
I think the contingency plan is going to be needed. Its a put the money up or jog on statement to me.

Oct 7, 2003
Shite, I could be going HP in the near future after all - unless it spurs the Ginger into action!! :thumbup: :thumbdown:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
"If Bishop International Limited is unable to complete the deal we will, of course, look at all other viable options, subject to them being able to provide immediate funding."

There it is! The best news of the summer. Guilfoyle is now prepared to look at the Contingency Plan if BIL fail.

May 22, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2wmgy2fv said:
"If Bishop International Limited is unable to complete the deal we will, of course, look at all other viable options, subject to them being able to provide immediate funding."

There it is! The best news of the summer. Guilfoyle is now prepared to look at the Contingency Plan if BIL fail.

Agreed - but that wasn't what the first version of the press release appeared to state.

Sep 29, 2003
So he's quickly moved on from being hunky dory to show us the money....if this is his public declaration how hellraising has he been in his weekly meeting with the PBs

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":3i1rnxzl said:

But will Brent come up with 'immediate funding'?