Bournemouth next | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bournemouth next

C

Cult Of Personality

whats the point anymore

teams will just go into admin take the 10 points and the few years in lower leagues and then bounce back

football needs a wake up and clubs like this and portsmouth should have been given the knife across the thoart

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
I don't like to see this happen to any club, but I am now beginning to hope that it happens to enough at one time for the powers that be to climb out of their heated pools, jump in the Jag and meet at a 5 star hotel somewhere in the capital to discuss what they plan to do about the obscene sums of money being thrown around that are smashing away at a cultural cornerstone of this nation.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Golden Hind":2m2mqov7 said:
I don't like to see this happen to any club, but I am now beginning to hope that it happens to enough at one time for the powers that be to climb out of their heated pools, jump in the Jag and meet at a 5 star hotel somewhere in the capital to discuss what they plan to do about the obscene sums of money being thrown around that are smashing away at a cultural cornerstone of this nation.
You mean discuss how they're going to spend it surely?! Football's rotten from the top to the bottom. Everyone pleads innocence but they've all got their snouts in the trough. Harry Redknapp makes me laugh, "I didn't do nuffink guvnor" yeah right mate, pull the other one. I'd love to see him, Mandaric and everyone else involved with it go behind bars.

M

MylesPAFC

crickeypafc":2n77nw46 said:
whats the point anymore

teams will just go into admin take the 10 points and the few years in lower leagues and then bounce back

football needs a wake up and clubs like this and portsmouth should have been given the knife across the thoart

Good luck getting the world cup if we are just going to axe any team who gets in financial trouble.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
When teams go into administration and are docked points the only real people punished are the fans. Maybe a transfer embargo of two years instead would be a more appropriate punishment this way teams can sell players to balance their books but would not be allowed to buy any players and hopefully clear their debt.

Nov 9, 2008
While it is a shame for the fans, that is no reason to let clubs get away with it. How many times yesterday I heard that Pompey should not be deducted points because of their fans. It's a joke. If there was no points deduction, we'd all be in administration three times a season. Get all the debt written off and start again, knowing that there are very few consequences.

We need radical changes- either caps, which should happen but won't/can't, or just cutting off the help when clubs aren't able to carry on. There should be caps that you can only spend a certain amount, or a certain percentage of your income. Salary/transfer caps work, but EU law probably won't allow them, so force clubs to cap their ticket prices and then make them only spend what they earn.

Something has to be done, as football is just becoming a complete joke.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Clinton":1r3ioprk said:

and possibly southend...fans quote

IF HMRC is successful in the case against Southend United regarding a disputed £200k tax settlement in the High Court next Wednesday, 10th March it will press for the immediate liquidation of the League One strugglers. HMRC has already labelled SUFC a "serial defaulter" and will press for closure to reclaim the monies owed (if indeed they are – that will be up to the judge).
This is Southend Uniteds most important fixture in its history, when victory isn't about 3 points, but about its very existence. The Chairman is playing a very dangerous game with the club and indeed his own financial future (as that hinges on the new stadium being built). Not only does he risk the clubs future, but he too will be faced with bankruptcy if the judge rules in the favour of HMRC. The 'word' is the case would appear to be 60:40 in favour of HMRC. Judges are also getting heartily sick of football clubs appearing before them having defaulted on HMRC payments and sooner rather than later will decree liquidation rather than administration.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Im also find myself fully behind HMRC. Sure its sucks as fans to be relegated but a lot of clubs are in false positions . If they lived within their means then they would be in a lower division anyway. Certain clubs(Cardiff) really take advantage in the way that they run up massive debts and then just play their creditors off against each other. Financial debt which clubs like that have should lead to instant relgation, just like they do in France.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I'm right behind HMRC, after all they are trying to get money I and other taxpayers have to make up. Or government spends less on something else. Or borrows more.

The key problem is that unlike some other countries the football authorities have not taken as a strong an approach in terms of the regulations as they might. Invariably what happens when industries, trade associations ect ignore public opinion eventually legislation is enacted, and invariably this is not the best way forward.