Bobby madley (todays ref) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bobby madley (todays ref)

Jan 2, 2024
Now I don’t think the result would have been different but and for me it’s a big BUT, what on earth was the EFL thinking when appointing a Huddersfield supporter to referee a match between two of his sides relegation rivals??? Madness and can’t believe neither club objected . Whatever decision he made today he was on a hiding , the match was too important for all sides for that imo.

Aug 4, 2011
Said this in the pre match build up thread but nobody seemed to care. Was bloody awful, but probably didn’t influence the result as we were worse

Feb 11, 2024
Now I don’t think the result would have been different but and for me it’s a big BUT, what on earth was the EFL thinking when appointing a Huddersfield supporter to referee a match between two of his sides relegation rivals??? Madness and can’t believe neither club objected . Whatever decision he made today he was on a hiding , the match was too important for all sides for that imo.
Surely he would then have wanted a team (argyle) that at kick off were ahead of one of Huddersfields closer relegation rivals (Stoke) to win. The ref wasnt great, but no way the deciding factor

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Time to call the players out now can't blame coaches or personalities now Joe Edwards need to tell them a few home truths they are championship players in name but not in performance

Possibly not the best day to call for this seeing Joe was subbed off at half time. Thought he really struggled against Jun ho.

Reactions: SWTT
Jan 6, 2004
Said this in the pre match build up thread but nobody seemed to care. Was bloody awful, but probably didn’t influence the result as we were worse
I think one error he made did influence the game. Just before the brawling incident (and what caused it) their player lying on the ground kicked out at Cooper - very arguably a red, Beckham got sent off for similar in the WC.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
😳

If it was similar to the Beckham red card, it wasn't a sending off offence!

Jan 6, 2004
😳

If it was similar to the Beckham red card, it wasn't a sending off offence!
It was worse actually, Beckham flicked at someone as they ran past, this guy (not sure who it was) purposely kicked out at Cooper who was standing with his back to him