• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Blimey - all the thousands of words on this thread alone, all the 'yeah-buts' and all the 'what-aboutisms' ..... then our owner owner comes along and absolutely nails it in a few sentences. Top man. 👏

Reactions: metroace
Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Keep taking the knee. Those who are willingly conflating BLM with an anti racism gesture need to take a look at themselves and ask why they are doing this. Players have explained the reason for the gesture so many times...but I guess we have to accept that some of you know better. I was brought up on council estates in Tottenham and Finsbury Park and saw the violent ugly face of racism in the 70s. Seeing my black mates physically and verbally abused has stuck with me over the decades. Racism has become less obvious but it has raised its ugly head again over the last few years, now it has taken a different form with people hiding behind social media or coming up with fatuous arguments along the lines of "I'm not a racist but I'd rather you didn't draw our attention to racist behaviour." This is usually followed by accusations of being a 'leftie' (rather be a leftie than a 'righty'), snowflake (from people getting the vapours for being called out) and 'woke' (rather be woke than asleep). This country has a problem, so do many others, we need to own it and do something about it.

Nov 15, 2011
No one says there isn’t. Where you lie to yourself ninja is pretending there’s a link between footballers taking the knee and blm politics. You know that cos they’ve told you but you still pretend otherwise because?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So there’s a link with BLM but no link with BLM politics? That is the reason people are confused.

Nov 15, 2011
The only people who are confused are those that want to be. As our chairman has said and our footballers, the reason for footballers taking the knee is nothing to do with some of blms political views. That’s all there is to it unless you choose to lie to yourself for whatever reason.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The only people who are confused are those that want to be. As our chairman has said and our footballers, the reason for footballers taking the knee is nothing to do with some of blms political views. That’s all there is to it unless you choose to lie to yourself for whatever reason.
That’s bollocks. You use cannot use the BLM slogan and knee without people associating it with the BLM politics. Hallett might have made a statement but that doesn’t mean that everyone has read it. You keep telling the few on here but we already get it, why don’t you find someone at the match who’s booing and explain it to them and maybe you’ll find out why they’re doing it rather than us speculating on possible reasons.

Nov 15, 2011
That’s bollocks. You use cannot use the BLM slogan and knee without people associating it with the BLM politics. Hallett might have made a statement but that doesn’t mean that everyone has read it. You keep telling the few on here but we already get it, why don’t you find someone at the match who’s booing and explain it to them and maybe you’ll find out why they’re doing it rather than us speculating on possible reasons.
Yeah right these people have never heard the players, Gareth Southgate, every media channel and Internet forum explain why they are doing it. Back in the real world…

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Yeah right these people have never heard the players, Gareth Southgate, every media channel and Internet forum explain why they are doing it. Back in the real world…
If people watch Southgate etc. Personally I’ve never heard heard him explain, but that’s because I tune in and watch the matches and don’t bother with all the build up and media nonsense before and after.

Nov 15, 2011
If people watch Southgate etc. Personally I’ve never heard heard him explain, but that’s because I tune in and watch the matches and don’t bother with all the build up and media nonsense before and after.
It was in every newspaper, on the news and widely reported online. If you think people take the trouble to find out the concocted link between footballers taking the knee and BLM but have never heard the explanation from the players, mangers etc as to why they actually do it, well that's pure fantasy.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It was in every newspaper, on the news and widely reported online. If you think people take the trouble to find out the concocted link between footballers taking the knee and BLM but have never heard the explanation from the players, mangers etc as to why they actually do it, well that's pure fantasy.
I don’t read newspapers and only have your word to go on, so it’s you who’s in fantasy land.

Nov 15, 2011
I don’t read newspapers and only have your word to go on, so it’s you who’s in fantasy land.
So you've heard of the concocted link between footballers taking the knee and BLM politics (from where?) but not the nationally reported explanation as to why they actually do it. suuuuuure