• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
felt ashamed to hear the boos today, but they didn't seem to be well received by the fans around us. Shame people can't see the true message behind the action

Sep 25, 2010
The point is ‘taking the knee’, is an anti-racism action. End off, no question about it.

So if you are booing the action, then you are condoning racism.
Would like somebody who booed yesterday to come on here, and say WHY they did it, and have a conversation about it. Be brave , don’t hide behind the boo.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Schuey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Foodbank Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The point is ‘taking the knee’, is an anti-racism action. End off, no question about it.

Would like somebody who booed yesterday to come on here, and say WHY they did it, and have a conversation about it. Be brave , don’t hide behind the boo.
That’s assuming that someone who uses this site was booing yesterday.

Aug 15, 2015

Who are you trying to intimidate?

Sep 25, 2010
It would also be great, that a certain few would stop booing, when the players take the knee.
Did you here, the absolutely fantastic loud enthusiastic applause at the Arsenal/Chelsea game last Sunday, when the players took the knee.

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Did you here, the absolutely fantastic loud enthusiastic applause at the Arsenal/Chelsea game last Sunday, when the players took the knee.
The applause and even cheering has been much louder and unifying at the games where teams have stood up to racism and supported the players message. It was also very positively adopted by England cricket and received universal support. kneeling splits opinions and does not unify because of much argued/discussed links to blm weather you, I or anyone else agrees or not. Players standing together would bring everyone together in support overnight.

Aug 15, 2015
It would also be great, that a certain few would stop booing, when the players take the knee.

Fans have a choice, just like the black players who choose to stand instead of take a knee.

Many people/fans do not agree with supporting BLM - end of. Nothing more to it. Get over yourself Martyn.

As for the clubs action on the racist individual, good work by Argyle.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2011
Fans have a choice, just like the black players who choose to stand instead of take a knee.

Many people/fans do not agree with supporting BLM - end of. Nothing more to it. Get over yourself Martyn.

As for the clubs action on the racist individual, good work by Argyle.
The message has got through that’s it’s not supporting any political movement it’s purely an anti racism solidarity. Still a few idiots , always will be.

Sep 16, 2008
Never saw it as a BLM thing. Always seen it as a Stand or in this case and Kneel against Racism and other behaviour that should have been stamped out of football years ago . The people that boo in my mind are racists and cant understand that the world wants to move on from those views

Reactions: Green guile
Nov 15, 2011
I don’t know if they are racists but what is clear now is that everyone knows what it means, the players have said what it is and why they are doing it , so if anyone says it means something else then they are lying to themselves and that’s a bad place to be.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Never saw it as a BLM thing. Always seen it as a Stand or in this case and Kneel against Racism and other behaviour that should have been stamped out of football years ago . The people that boo in my mind are racists and cant understand that the world wants to move on from those views
I agree. Players take the knee because they are signalling that they are fed up with racist abuse (especially on SM). Those that boo are IMO sending out a defiant message that they are racist and it is their right to be so! Frankly, I am embarrassed by these people. If anyone is reading this who is not racist but thinks it is cool to boo, please think again! The booing only encourages and emboldens those that are racist.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/taking-knee-not-empty-gesture-5833702

Hallett told Plymouth Live: "All gestures are important. Look what happened at the Euros, it was absolutely disgusting. If anybody thinks that this is an empty gesture they need their head examined. Racism is alive and well.
Taking the knee is a symbol of our support for the anti-racism movement and I'm sick of people saying 'Well, all lives matter'. Of course all lives matter, but the problem is that black lives haven't mattered as much as everybody else's.
So saying black lives matter doesn't mean that all lives don't matter. What it's saying is that all black lives matter as much as everybody else's.

If taking the knee is a symbol of support for that movement then I'm all in favour. It's a support for anti racism. It's not a support for the Black Lives Matter organisation."

Exactly right, Mr Hallett.