• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Nov 15, 2011
So you're comfortable with 34 people being racist to our black footballers and will abuse all our footballers including Argyle players standing in solidarity against it because you think standing against racism by taking the knee is nonsense. I think that's disgusting but you are free to do that if you choose.

Nov 15, 2011
11 people have now been arrested , Chief Constable Mark Roberts, National Police Chiefs’ Council Football Policing lead, said: “There are people out there who believe they can hide behind a social media profile and get away with posting such abhorrent comments." But not a problem according to Shoenice

Aug 15, 2015
So you're comfortable with 34 people being racist to our black footballers and will abuse all our footballers including Argyle players standing in solidarity against it because you think standing against racism by taking the knee is nonsense. I think that's disgusting but you are free to do that if you choose.
Keith. Please don't suggest things that I didn't say. You are first to be sensitive about that, so we should expect the same of you. Saying that I don't believe racism is as big an issue as made out, versus being comfortable with racism are two different things.

Do NOT put words into my that. I never said I was comfortable with racism - are you accusing me of being racist? Please let me know immediately.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I see 34 UK based people have been targeted by the police for arrest following comments of presumably a racist nature, after the Euro's loss. That's 34 out of a population of at least 66 million, most of whom can access the internet if they want/need. Let's do the Maths, 34/66mn = The number is so low I can't even type it out. Ye, huge issue racism, huge *rolls eyes*.

*Sigh* That's 34 easily identifiable persons on social media who have been arrested. The majority of online abusers hide behind monikers to hide who they are - hence the calls for more transparency about registering user accounts for (say) Twitter and displaying actual names rather than something generic.

Aug 15, 2015
*Sigh* That's 34 easily identifiable persons on social media who have been arrested. The majority of online abusers hide behind monikers to hide who they are - hence the calls for more transparency about registering user accounts for (say) Twitter and displaying actual names rather than something generic.

It's still 34 out of 66mn+ after the biggest disappointment in football that this country has had in many a year.

Quote from BBC - '

The UK Football Policing Unit received 600 reports of racist comments sent to England's black players after the defeat and judged 207 to be criminal.
Of these, 123 were posted by people overseas, while 34 came from the UK.'

So 34 out of 66mn+.

Unless you can find something else that shows greater numbers?

I mean, yes racism is a problem. But not anything like how it's being made out. You would think it was a pandemic of 1 in every 2 if you believed some on here.

Nov 15, 2011
Keith. Please don't suggest things that I didn't say. You are first to be sensitive about that, so we should expect the same of you. Saying that I don't believe racism is as big an issue as made out, versus being comfortable with racism are two different things.

Do NOT put words into my that. I never said I was comfortable with racism - are you accusing me of being racist? Please let me know immediately.
No I didn’t say you were racist and I don’t know if you are.

What I said was that in my view your characterisation of the relative unimportance and rolling eyes to those subject to racism is well shocking to say the least. The police said these were the only the accounts they could identify, there were many many more.

You know without doubt from this thread and statements made by the EFL and players that they are not indulging in BLM nonsense, they are standing in solidarity against this sort of racism. Would you like to meet Niall and Pan and explain why you are booing them for doing this??

Aug 15, 2015
No I didn’t say you were racist and I don’t know if you are.

What I said was that in my view your characterisation of the relative unimportance and rolling eyes to those subject to racism is well shocking to say the least. The police said these were the only the accounts they could identify, there were many many more.

You know without doubt from this thread and statements made by the EFL and players that they are not indulging in BLM nonsense, they are standing in solidarity against this sort of racism. Would you like to meet Niall and Pan and explain why you are booing them for doing this??

Well you said I was comfortable with racism. I never said I was comfortable with racism. So do NOT put words into my mouth.

I have NOT said anything of a racially aggravated nature.

As I said, you are first to pull up others. You ought to be very careful of the words you use.

Now pipe down with the ego and the attitude.

Nov 15, 2011
Well you said I was comfortable with racism. I never said I was comfortable with racism. So do NOT put words into my mouth.

As I said, you are first to pull up others. You ought to be very careful of the words you use.

I won’t be told to pipe down by you or anyone else, less of the cancel culture.

you rolled your eyes to racism, to me that says you are comfortable with it, if not what do you mean by rolling your eyes to it?

so if you were to meet pan and Niall and they tell you their stand against racism is nothing to do with a Marxist movement in America but following the murder of George Floyd a gesture of solidarity against racism that has now been explained to you by the footballers and EFL so why are you abusing them for doing this you say……

Aug 15, 2015
I won’t be told to pipe down by you or anyone else, less of the cancel culture.

you rolled your eyes to racism, to me that says you are comfortable with it, if not what do you mean by rolling your eyes to it?

so if you were to meet pan and Niall and they tell you their stand against racism is nothing to do with a Marxist movement in America but following the murder of George Floyd a gesture of solidarity against racism that has now been explained to you by the footballers and EFL so why are you abusing them for doing this you say……

Well don't say false and potentially illegal things like saying I am comfortable with racism, when I have never said that. I rolled my eyes to the difference between real racism in this country and the absolute pandemonium in this country since George Floyd, created by BLM. I do not subscribe to BLM, and I do not subscribe to American politics being brought over to the UK. I do not subscribe to a salute that worships a woman beating criminal in the same way that I do not subscribe to the Nazi salute, even if the Nazi salute meant peace and love to me. Care to explain why I should not do a Nazi salute if it meant peace and love to me? No, didn't think so.

I don't agree with racism, but I don't think any of this BLM movement if of help at all.

Do not put words into my mouth again.

Sep 2, 2008

It's his modus operandi. He has insinuated on a number of occasions that different posters are racist, myself included.

As a constant offender in this way, I'm surprised that the MODs let him get away with it especially when you consider people get pulled up/temporarily banned for far less.

He is, imo, an abhorrent person that truly believes he is a decent upstanding individual. The man is delusional beyond any comphrehension.

Aug 15, 2015
It's his modus operandi. He has insinuated on a number of occasions that different posters are racist, myself included.

As a constant offender in this way, I'm surprised that the MODs let him get away with it especially when you consider people get pulled up/temporarily banned for far less.
Seriously, the guy is outrageous.

Sep 2, 2008
Seriously, the guy is outrageous.
Just block him. The new site now shows blocked people as 'ignored content'. It really is one of the major plusses for the site as I cant even see the garbage he spews when people quote him.

Do it, you'll be glad you did. Some people just cannot debate or even slightly see another persons perspective. He is one of those people in spades.

Aug 15, 2015
Just block him. The new site now shows blocked people as 'ignored content'. It really is one of the major plusses for the site as I cant even see the garbage he spews when people quote him.

Do it, you'll be glad you did. Some people just cannot debate or even slightly see another persons perspective. He is one of those people in spades.

Phew, will do that shortly. Thanks. Yep, 100%.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
Well don't say false and potentially illegal things like saying I am comfortable with racism, when I have never said that. I rolled my eyes to the difference between real racism in this country and the absolute pandemonium in this country since George Floyd, created by BLM. I do not subscribe to BLM, and I do not subscribe to American politics being brought over to the UK. I do not subscribe to a salute that worships a woman beating criminal in the same way that I do not subscribe to the Nazi salute, even if the Nazi salute meant peace and love to me. Care to explain why I should not do a Nazi salute if it meant peace and love to me? No, didn't think so.

I don't agree with racism, but I don't think any of this BLM movement if of help at all.

Do not put words into my mouth again.
Shoenice, I understand your viewpoint on the BLM stuff although don’t agree it relates to players in the UK anymore. If they decided to do a different gesture without a ‘political history’ for example the mobot (only thing I could think of) would you boo them still? Just interested if it is the gesture itself or that you don’t think they should do anything?

Nov 15, 2011
Point of order.

I have never called or insinuated anyone is a racist , I was actually called a racist last week. If rolling your eyes to online racism to black players isn't being comfortable with racism I apologise. I just try and understand what people think and give my opinion. I am never abusive.

As for Potty joining in to try and cancel free speech the guy is beyond parody. He abused me on multiple occasions calling me a pr*ck and worse. I have never called him anything.

He also said that he didn't think the n word was offensive.

Now I welcome all free speech within the law and site rules, I wouldn't block anyone as that goes against what I believe in. Potty is quite within his rights to block me but I would ask the mods to have a word re him asking others to block me, I don't think that's within the spirit of PASOTI.