• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Sep 6, 2006
Believe what you like, if you don’t think that people post on social media about their perceived link between the gesture and the political group then you’re burying your head in the sand. I’m trying to keep an open mind over what’s going on rather than taking a blinkered view. If you think that the people who don’t get it aren’t worth it, when they are the people who need educating rather than the people who already get it, then you are part of the problem rather than the people you accuse of being part of the problem.

If we’re only talking about the 60,000 at Wembley and that they didn’t boo the knee, job done then, no need to keep taking the knee. However, the problem is more widespread than those at the England match.

You don’t seem to be able to look at the bigger picture and see what’s really going on, you only seem to want to win an argument on an Internet forum. So like I said earlier, I’m out now, I’ve made my points and no point in continuing to bang my head against this wall, if I’m going to bang my head I’ll put some Metallica on.
So Green Thing can tell us 'what's really going on'. Now this will be worth waiting for!

Nov 15, 2011
Premier League Statement today:

"Players from all 20 Premier League clubs will continue to take the knee before matches this season to highlight their opposition to racism." The Premier League say they "support wholeheartedly" the decision that has been made.
A 'No Room For Racism' sleeve badge will also be worn by players and match officials on their shirts.

The message cannot be clearer.

Nov 15, 2011
And the EFL said in a statement: "Players have repeatedly said their protest is not about ideology or political affiliations and we ask that any player that wishes to express themselves in this way are respected."

Nov 15, 2011
It will be interesting to see what happens up and down the country at 15:00 on Saturday.
Well if Wembley is anything to go by football fans will respect the anti racism message and we’ll get on with the football. Which hopefully will be interesting in a good way!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
Well if Wembley is anything to go by football fans will respect the anti racism message and we’ll get on with the football. Which hopefully will be interesting in a good way!
You keep harping back to Wembley as a signal of football fans feelings. We were just about to play a euro final and everyone was buzzing for the game. Very different situation to what will be a regular thing on a Saturday afternoon. Especially if a team is not performing.

Jan 27, 2012
And the EFL said in a statement: "Players have repeatedly said their protest is not about ideology or political affiliations and we ask that any player that wishes to express themselves in this way are respected."

Have you, personally, changed your behaviour as a result of seeing the players kneeling down before kick off ?

Jul 29, 2010
You clearly weren’t at Wembley if you think the knee taking was respected 🤷‍♂️

Nov 15, 2011
You keep harping back to Wembley as a signal of football fans feelings. We were just about to play a euro final and everyone was buzzing for the game. Very different situation to what will be a regular thing on a Saturday afternoon. Especially if a team is not performing.
How’s a team not performing going to make people boo footballers standing against racism? I don’t get the connection.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
How’s a team not performing going to make people boo footballers standing against racism? I don’t get the connection.
Let’s wait and see. I was at Wembley and to be fair I didn’t hear any booing just applause. Most fans took the opportunity for a breather for a few moments after the build up, but I’m pretty sure not everyone has changed their mind on taking the knee from the first few games.

Reactions: mightykeithfear

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
Pasoti Donor
Sep 30, 2003
So you were?
I watched it on tv, I didn’t hear any booing and the commentator said there wasn’t any, but I accept there’s always a handful of idiots.
I’ve watched both the bbc and itv coverage of the game and neither were even close to what the atmosphere was like. I was really surprised how poorly it came across. Not sure that if there was booing it would have been picked up.

Nov 15, 2011
I think that following the abuse the guys who missed the pens received and now with the clarification from everyone that is purely an anti racist gesture then I think/ hope the players will be respected.