• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

May 16, 2016
You stated that I was telling non black people (you) what to think as if you were the victim.
It was a ridiculous statement as I have never told anyone what to think. Having an opinion about something is not the same as telling someone what to think.
Victim of what ?

Do you know my racial make up ?

My opinion is that you are subconsciously racist and see yourself as a "White Saviour" and all non white people as victims of racism that need your "help" to make good the past.

Nov 15, 2011
Fair enough if you think racism isn’t a real thing nothing will change your mind .

And BLM should pipe down about Floyd, yes he was one of the black people who are 4 times more likely to be killed by the police than white people , and he had the life squeezed out of him over 9 minutes in broad daylight by a white policeman with his knee on his throat, something which has never happened to a white American, but you think they should stop whinging.

Anyway we’re getting off topic here let’s get back to why you think Mason Mount wants to defund the police?

Nov 15, 2011
Victim of what ?

My opinion is that you are subconsciously racist and see yourself as a "White Saviour" and all non white people as victims of racism that need your "help" to make good the past.

Ive heard that so many times, yeah you’re only standing up against racism cos you’re a secret racist. Desperate pathetic and no one believes it, especially you.

Aug 15, 2015
Fair enough if you think racism isn’t a real thing nothing will change your mind .

And BLM should pipe down about Floyd, yes he was one of the black people who are 4 times more likely to be killed by the police than white people , and he had the life squeezed out of him over 9 minutes in broad daylight by a white policeman with his knee on his throat, something which has never happened to a white American, but you think they should stop whinging.

Anyway we’re getting off topic here let’s get back to why you think Mason Mount wants to defund the police?
Strange chap. You love the use of the word evidence, but the only thing you use is subjectivity.

Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Victim of what ?

Unbelievable.

This is possibly the most disgusting slur I've seen on pasoti against an individual.

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve never called anyone a racist here, that’s a very serious charge particularly in the light of what I’ve said, stand for and and have fought for. It’s not appropriate on this site.
Please apologise and withdraw the allegation.

May 16, 2016
I’ve never called anyone a racist here, that’s a very serious charge particularly in the light of what I’ve said, stand for and and have fought for. It’s not appropriate on this site.
Please apologise and withdraw the allegation.
I apologise and withdraw my comment.

Jan 27, 2012
So (despite saying you aren't against the kick it out campaign: I guess a t shirt is easy to ignore) you don't think football, with its exposure, wealth and popular reach should be a platform to try to promote positive societal change?

The players, the managers have all said that, for them, it's not a political gesture....but apparently some in the stands know the footballers minds even better than they do.

The taking of the knee takes ten seconds before the kick off is taken.
Are you seriously saying that is preventing you from 'concentrating on football'?!

Of course its political.

Amongst other things, BLM have became known for wanting to defund the Police. Do you really support that ?
What about the rioting and vandalism they have previously encouraged? During lockdown as well.

I don‘t feel comfortable with Plymouth Argyle supporting this organisation.

Nov 15, 2011
Of course its political.

Amongst other things, BLM have became known for wanting to defund the Police. Do you really support that ?
What about the rioting and vandalism they have previously encouraged? During lockdown as well.

I don‘t feel comfortable with Plymouth Argyle supporting this organisation.
Plymouth Argyle do not support this organisation. They do however support the anti racism message.

The players have told you they do not support defunding the police, or any of the political goals of the wing of the American BLM movement, and as far as I'm aware no one in this country who supports taking the knee supports defunding the police, rioting or vandalism.

The players have told you the act is a non political act in support of anti racism. The whole crowd and both sets of players respected this in the Euro 2020 final.

You either don't believe the players or you don't like people standing against racism.

Jan 27, 2012
I think the players, and the clubs they play for, are under considerable peer group pressure to go along with these BLM politics. They dare not say anything against it for fear of being publicly criticised.

Its interesting how these people who claim to have liberal views are some of the most illiberal people if you happen to disagree with their point of view.

Nov 15, 2011
I think the players, and the clubs they play for, are under considerable peer group pressure to go along with these BLM politics. They dare not say anything against it for fear of being publicly criticised.

Its interesting how these people who claim to have liberal views are some of the most illiberal people if you happen to disagree with their point of view.

Except for the players and the clubs don't go along with BLM politics. They've specifically told you that time and again. Why would you just make that up?

And 1) I didn't claim to have liberal views, something else you just made up and 2) it's not illiberal to have a different opinion to someone else. Why does someone having a different opinion upset you?

Jan 27, 2012
Nov 15, 2011
First of all do you know what defund the police means? Its a suggestion to rather put funds into community initiatives, education mental health, youth clubs etc to reduce crime that way, carrot rather than stick. It's not about hugely reducing police numbers and at the same time cutting expenditure elsewhere ie what the tories have done for the last 11 years.

Second, do the players want to defund the police? They say not. And I haven't heard one person personally or in the media say this regarding footballers taking the knee. Unless you think they are all liars then you know it is purely an anti racism message that you can respect or ignore. You know what they are doing and why they are doing it. Why would that upset anyone?

If you don't like the way some black people fight racism that's fine, but don't conflate that with what footballers are doing which everyone understands and respected at the Euros.

Reactions: metroace
Jan 27, 2012
First of all do you know what defund the police means? Its a suggestion to rather put funds into community initiatives, education mental health, youth clubs etc to reduce crime that way, carrot rather than stick. It's not about hugely reducing police numbers and at the same time cutting expenditure elsewhere ie what the tories have done for the last 11 years.
So you are saying that BLM is nothing to with politics then ?

Second, do the players want to defund the police? They say not. And I haven't heard one person personally or in the media say this regarding footballers taking the knee. Unless you think they are all liars then you know it is purely an anti racism message that you can respect or ignore. You know what they are doing and why they are doing it. Why would that upset anyone?
I haven't heard any Argyle players talk about the Police. Which Argyle players said that, and when ?

If you don't like the way some black people fight racism that's fine, but don't conflate that with what footballers are doing which everyone understands and respected at the Euros.

Everyone understands and respects?

I didn't.
The Home Secretary didn't.
Les Ferdinand and Wilfried Zaha didn't.

Maybe a good deal of Argyle fans don't either.