• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Sep 2, 2008
Greenrod":2orl8s8k said:
themightykeithfear":2orl8s8k said:
Viktor orban runs a far right regime in Hungary. Admired by trump and farage he demonises foreigners and immigrants and closes down free speech and dissenting voices.

He stokes up hate and nationalism rather than patriotism so booing the knee is to be expected there.

You don’t have to tell me about Orban and Hungary, I have made quite a few business trips to Budapest. Just telling you what actually happened this evening.
There is an outside chance England could meet Hungary in game 7 of the Euros - 1D v 2f at Wembley.
Let’s hope this doesn’t happen although it could be an easier route to the quarter finals.

Jeez GR. I've blocked him so I cant see his messages but when you quote him I see all his drivel, prejudices and alternative agendas in all their glory. This one for example; what relevance does Trump and Farage have in what you posted?? Why couldn't he just start the second sentence with, 'He demonizes... :facepalm:

Spare a thought for the likes of me, please just reply and don't include his quote...please (I have money if thats what it will take.) :thumbup:

Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Next season, after being promoted to the Premier league, Brentford have made a unanimous decision to stop taking the knee.
They believe the gesture has lost its meaning and promotes mixed messages.

Nov 15, 2011
KeithB":gtm8023i said:
Next season, after being promoted to the Premier league, Brentford have made a unanimous decision to stop taking the knee.

I read that, Farage was cheering this on and of course it's absolutely right that everyone is free to express themselves in any way they choose.

It doesn't of course excuse anyone from booing our national team before a ball is kicked for making a stand against racism.

Nov 15, 2011
Here's their statement for context :

"the Championship side's squad said racism was "the opposite of what we stand for".

"There is a clear need to continue to push for an end to all discrimination," the statement added.

They also reiterated support for the club's #BeeTogether inclusivity drive, and would continue to support clubs who did wish to take a knee at games.

Jul 12, 2016
KeithB":2ko1afyt said:
Well done Brentford, I agree with their decision.

Sep 25, 2010
oldage":21wye91t said:
KeithB":21wye91t said:
Well done Brentford, I agree with their decision.

Poor decision by Brentford, then should think again.

This is giving in to the booers’ and racists

Nov 15, 2011
He did, although Cole said he didn't complain about it , Ferdinand remained a good friend and the term was a light hearted slang term used by them meaning "fake".

Racism is all about the intent in your language, why you are saying what you are saying and whether you intend to hurt someone with it. People I think generally know if they are being racist and if they are trying to hurt someone. This wasn't the case here according to both parties.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
The delightful and loveable Sasha Johnson, the BLM leader/activist who was recently accidentally shot in the head by a black gang. She's on record as wanting the police defunded so I assume she and her family weren't keen on their involvement investigating the crime.

Anyway here she is speaking in a very special way. Does anyone here ever talk like this? Rhetorical question btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEA6Q0h_Zak

Nov 15, 2011
Which is all very interesting but has nothing whatsoever to do with why the England team take the knee, unless you think they are liars.

Sep 13, 2003
Martyn":26skypbn said:
Good comments by Rio Ferdinand on the BBC website.

Rio Ferdinand the pillar of society. He has been involved in homophobic, racist and sexist remarks in the past plus he was in the dock defending his footballer mates in that rape trial in Leeds.

What a wonderful human being.

Nov 15, 2011
Again yes he did many years ago and he was wrong to do so, though none of the people he made the remarks to were offended, he came from a place where language like that was wrongly used.He educated himself.

In the last few years he’s been at the forefront of the fight against racism sexism and homophobia. Should his previous sins disbar him from doing the right thing now?

Sep 2, 2008
Martyn":1ijc9p5m said:
Good comments by Rio Ferdinand on the BBC website.

If he thinks that those booing the taking of the knee are the ignorant minority then I wonder what he thinks of Wilfried Zaha who won't even take the knee :think:

Tbh, I cant stand the bloke ever since he ducked out of taking a random drugs test while playing for Utd. He said that he forgot he was selected to take a test and left the training ground. Everyone else selected took their test. He got an eight month ban from football during which time Utd paid him a full wage. When his Contract came up for renewal he turned down the initial offer because it wasn't enough. He's a loathsome individual and I pay no attention to the crap that comes out of his mouth. I put him the same bracket as the equally loathsome John Terry.