• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Nov 15, 2011
Taking the knee goes back to Martin Luther King and the players and manager say it has nothing to do with an element of an American political movement. If you believe them why are you still unhappy with it? And no one is asking you to endorse any act.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
themightykeithfear":10cz51o0 said:
Taking the knee goes back to Martin Luther King and the players and manager say it has nothing to do with an element of an American political movement. If you believe them why are you still unhappy with it? And no one is asking you to endorse any act.
You read nothing and make no attempt to see any point of view other than your own. You spout the same drivel.

You're beyond hope unfortunately and I shall ignore you from now on. It's the best way.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":3pdbownx said:
oldage":3pdbownx said:
themightykeithfear":3pdbownx said:
I apologise Frank the "snowflake" thing was supposed to be ironic and lighthearted, I wouldn't call anyone a pr*ck moron etc as I've been called.

No, I don't tell anyone what to think or do and yes I have strong opinions which I will debate with anyone.
You knew exactly what you doing when you used the term "snowflake" You're only apologising to save face.

It was supposed to be funny oldage , I'd take it as a compliment. Yes I did apologize and I've been called pr*ck moron and worse and never received any apology. Potty I'm waiting?

Thanks to set of Cornish genetics and the gift of olive skin, I've been (in Plymouth) called P8ki, Sp8ck, D8go, W8p, spoken to in Spanish (by a black gent) in the US, who assumed I was an hispanic cleaner, back in the 80s early 90s, denied entry to establishments in the UAE for not looking European enough, eventually let into a Filipino club although not made welcome, been racially abused in both East and West Africa for being White and a colonial slaver. Slapped about by Greeks for being a Turk, sneered at by Turks for being Greek.

Today, I find the Spanish wait for me to open my Gob to decide if I'm English or just assume I'm not.

I added to this thread saying even 'non racists' see colour before the person and thus don't realise their not treating them as equals and you infer I'm racist. You dismiss anyone not on your page.

You don't stop racism by shouting 'racist'.

Nov 15, 2011
ninjamissile":1i69gqog said:
themightykeithfear":1i69gqog said:
You read nothing and make no attempt to see any point of view other than your own. You spout the same drivel.

You're beyond hope unfortunately and I shall ignore you from now on. It's the best way.

yes yes I get the insults bit, but I read what you said and therefore what is your response to my point, do you believe southgate and the players?

Nov 15, 2011
Guiri Green":254sfii4 said:
themightykeithfear":254sfii4 said:
oldage":254sfii4 said:
themightykeithfear":254sfii4 said:
I apologise Frank the "snowflake" thing was supposed to be ironic and lighthearted, I wouldn't call anyone a pr*ck moron etc as I've been called.

No, I don't tell anyone what to think or do and yes I have strong opinions which I will debate with anyone.
You knew exactly what you doing when you used the term "snowflake" You're only apologising to save face.

It was supposed to be funny oldage , I'd take it as a compliment. Yes I did apologize and I've been called pr*ck moron and worse and never received any apology. Potty I'm waiting?

Thanks to set of Cornish genetics and the gift of olive skin, I've been (in Plymouth) called P8ki, Sp8ck, D8go, W8p, spoken to in Spanish (by a black gent) in the US, who assumed I was an hispanic cleaner, back in the 80s early 90s, denied entry to establishments in the UAE for not looking European enough, eventually let into a Filipino club although not made welcome, been racially abused in both East and West Africa for being White and a colonial slaver. Slapped about by Greeks for being a Turk, sneered at by Turks for being Greek.

Today, I find the Spanish wait for me to open my Gob to decide if I'm English or just assume I'm not.

I added to this thread saying even 'non racists' see colour before the person and thus don't realise their not treating them as equals and you infer I'm racist. You dismiss anyone not on your page.

I don't dismiss anyone but I do treat everyone as equals, as most people do

Sep 2, 2008
ninjamissile":3lls0t33 said:
themightykeithfear":3lls0t33 said:

Welcome to the club.

Sep 2, 2008
Guiri Green":23r4vudo said:
themightykeithfear":23r4vudo said:
oldage":23r4vudo said:
themightykeithfear":23r4vudo said:

Insinuated I was a racist as well. Its his 'go to' thing if you have an alternative view to his.

Sep 25, 2010
ninjamissile":yqf58jke said:
BLM and its followers are violent and destructive. In the name of BLM cities have been burned to the ground, shops have been looted, innocent people have been terrorised and intimidated into ‘taking the knee’. Etc. If you haven’t seen evidence of this then you haven’t looked very hard. A very large number of people associate ‘taking the knee’ with BLM and, for obvious reasons, aren’t completely happy with endorsing the act.

Why don’t the authorities come up with another, non-political gesture of support for the anti-racist cause. People might be surprised at how much support it gets.

Regarding the first paragraph, you are practically wrong in every sentence, total distortion of the truth.

Nov 15, 2011
Pottypilgrim":1lqsdcz6 said:
Guiri Green":1lqsdcz6 said:
themightykeithfear":1lqsdcz6 said:
oldage":1lqsdcz6 said:
themightykeithfear":1lqsdcz6 said:

Insinuated I was a racist as well. Its his 'go to' thing if you have an alternative view to his.

Thought you were ignoring me Potty and I'm still waiting for that apology.

I specifically stated I have no idea whether you are racist, I'm not inside your head. You did however in my opinion make some disgustingly offensive remarks regarding the n word. Nothing to do with you having an alternative view.

Now pleeeeease if you're going to post then contribute to the debate, eg do you think Harry Kane is a Communist infiltrator and Mason Mount wants to defund the police?

May 16, 2016
Pottypilgrim":3kkxrd99 said:
Guiri Green":3kkxrd99 said:
themightykeithfear":3kkxrd99 said:
oldage":3kkxrd99 said:
themightykeithfear":3kkxrd99 said:

Quite possibly, one of those smug, intellectually 'superior' wind up merchants having a bit of sport with the oiks. Loves a game of last word keepy uppy.

Nov 15, 2011
Guiri Green":h8g8o96v said:
Pottypilgrim":h8g8o96v said:
Guiri Green":h8g8o96v said:
themightykeithfear":h8g8o96v said:
oldage":h8g8o96v said:
themightykeithfear":h8g8o96v said:

Quite possibly, one of those smug, intellectually 'superior' wind up merchants having a bit of sport with the oiks. Loves a game of last word keepy uppy.

I genuinely just want to debate the issue we’re supposed to be discussing Guirci , seriously that’s all. But you and others seem completely unable to do it.

Please just address the issues forget the playground nonsense we are all adults aren’t we. I suggest we all agree not to go off topic, yes?

Now guiri do you think Southgate and the players are genuine about their reasons for taking the knee? If no that’s fine that’s your view if yes then what are the arguments for continuing to boo them?

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
I watched the Hungary v Republic of Ireland match, this evening, in front of a packed stadium - no social distancing and no masks, just like the old days.
There was an almighty bout of booing when Ireland took the knee and Hungary stood. Were they booing Hungary for not taking the knee or for Ireland taking the knee?
Fair to say the camera zoomed in on a Hungary player who was pointing to his anti racism badge on his sleeve.

Sep 25, 2010
Greenrod":yqqd9y1q said:
I watched the Hungary v Republic of Ireland match, this evening, in front of a packed stadium - no social distancing and no masks, just like the old days.
There was an almighty bout of booing when Ireland took the knee and Hungary stood. Were they booing Hungary for not taking the knee or for Ireland taking the knee?
Fair to say the camera zoomed in on a Hungary player who was pointing to his anti racism badge on his sleeve.

Take a note of the sayings and actions of the Hungarian PM, over the last few years, then you will understand why they’d booed.

Nov 15, 2011
Viktor orban runs a far right regime in Hungary. Admired by trump and farage he demonises foreigners and immigrants and closes down free speech and dissenting voices.

He stokes up hate and nationalism rather than patriotism so booing the knee is to be expected there.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
themightykeithfear":3l2i4s25 said:
Viktor orban runs a far right regime in Hungary. Admired by trump and farage he demonises foreigners and immigrants and closes down free speech and dissenting voices.

He stokes up hate and nationalism rather than patriotism so booing the knee is to be expected there.

You don’t have to tell me about Orban and Hungary, I have made quite a few business trips to Budapest. Just telling you what actually happened this evening.
There is an outside chance England could meet Hungary in game 7 of the Euros - 1D v 2f at Wembley.
Let’s hope this doesn’t happen although it could be an easier route to the quarter finals.