• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Nov 15, 2011
I didn’t speak for the players they spoke for themselves and people still abused them.

Being equal is equality which is what they strive for but the people booing don’t like that.

Trying to say that people like me defending their right to seek equality are the real introverted racists while the people abusing them are their real defenders is beyond parody. As an apologist for racistm it was a pathetic attempt.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":gvts275e said:
I didn’t speak for the players they spoke for themselves and people still abused them.

Being equal is equality which is what they strive for but the people booing don’t like that.

Trying to say that people like me defending their right to seek equality are the real introverted racists while the people abusing them are their real defenders is beyond parody. As an apologist for racistm it was a pathetic attempt.

I haven't defended or apologised for racism. You read what you want to see. Having had a lifetime of assumptions made about me based on my appearance, why would I ?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
When the players, manager, commentators and everyone involved says over-and-over-and-over that 'taking a knee' (that pre-dates BLM) is simply an anti-racist gesture then.....well....what's the F***ing problem?

Lame-brained wittering about foreign Marxist movements....politics and sport... blah blah .....as being a reason you don't agree with it is quite up to you. Some people don't like playing of national anthems or wearing of poppies (remember the fuss a few years back about poppies on shirts?) - all for similar reasons.

But if you don't agree with other people's choices - you don't have to join in you can just let them 'do their thing' respectfully. But booing is a confrontational act to show you object strongly - and directly shows you either do not believe what the players, manager etc. are saying - so calling them liars - or you strongly don't agree with them......and if you are aren't anti-racist then what are you? There is only one alternative.

It is an embarrassing disgrace. No excuse.

Sep 2, 2008
Guiri Green":3bho6n1f said:
themightykeithfear":3bho6n1f said:
Guiri Green":3bho6n1f said:
themightykeithfear":3bho6n1f said:
The only reason people try to tie the American political movement to the footballers non political anti racist stance is it gives them an excuse to be racist, that’s all there is to it even if those people don’t have the guts to admit it.

Nothing to do with one gesture linked to two separate movements with the same name that are sort of linked but not not actually?

Understandable why the less enlightened get confused.

When the players and manager tell you they do not support a political movement in America and you still boo them, then either you think Southgate and co are liars and Marxists or you enjoy being a racist.

Unless it's for another reason. I don't know any racists but I'm sure if I met one it wouldn't be one that didn't 'enjoy' it.

There's always the inverted unconscious racists witnessed on these boards who can't see minorities as equals and only see them as victims, unable to speak for themselves and in need of their voice to help them. The ones who put colour before everything in their blinkered quest to prove they are so not racist.

This is the bit that some people can't seem to get in their thick heads.

Southgate himself said, 'I think we have got a situation where some people seem to think it is a political stand that they don't agree with.'

He doesn't even really know himself why they're booing and nor do the morons posting on this thread suggesting that they do.

Nov 15, 2011
Southgate "thinks" this, as in it his his opinion. As in I "think" Potty gets so frustrated with people having a different opinion that he always ends up with childish pathetic name calling against people advancing serious arguments "morons" as he has no credible argument himself in trying to defend the booers.

Here is the BLM UK statement confirming their non political affiliation in the UK, and I put this even though the players do not support this particular organisation. Of course the booers wouldn't want to read it as it would get in the way of their racism .

"We stand together across the globe to change the world, we kneel together in peace and solidarity asserting Black people are treated as equals to White people. It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation.

We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform. Some content published on our website may have limited political content by the very nature of a country state governed and under a system of democracy. We operate in a humanitarian capacity and concern before all else.

We are not operating in a political capacity, are not a member of nor are we connected with any political party or political campaign.
"

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
themightykeithfear":23bgaere said:
Southgate "thinks" this, as in it his his opinion. As in I "think" Potty gets so frustrated with people having a different opinion that he always ends up with childish pathetic name calling against people advancing serious arguments "morons" as he has no credible argument himself in trying to defend the booers.

Here is the BLM UK statement confirming their non political affiliation in the UK, and I put this even though the players do not support this particular organisation. Of course the booers wouldn't want to read it as it would get in the way of their racism .

"We stand together across the globe to change the world, we kneel together in peace and solidarity asserting Black people are treated as equals to White people. It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation.

We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform. Some content published on our website may have limited political content by the very nature of a country state governed and under a system of democracy. We operate in a humanitarian capacity and concern before all else.

We are not operating in a political capacity, are not a member of nor are we connected with any political party or political campaign.
"
From the UK BLM Twitter feed. Read it, think about it, try to understand what it is they're actually saying.

Sep 25, 2010
ninjamissile":2ajo29u1 said:
themightykeithfear":2ajo29u1 said:

"
From the UK BLM Twitter feed. Read it, think about it, try to understand what it is they're actually saying.

Blimey, it’s bloody obvious what they are saying.

Sep 25, 2010
Ave_IT":1net5gr1 said:
When the players, manager, commentators and everyone involved says over-and-over-and-over that 'taking a knee' (that pre-dates BLM) is simply an anti-racist gesture then.....well....what's the F***ing problem?

Lame-brained wittering about foreign Marxist movements....politics and sport... blah blah .....as being a reason you don't agree with it is quite up to you. Some people don't like playing of national anthems or wearing of poppies (remember the fuss a few years back about poppies on shirts?) - all for similar reasons.

But if you don't agree with other people's choices - you don't have to join in you can just let them 'do their thing' respectfully. But booing is a confrontational act to show you object strongly - and directly shows you either do not believe what the players, manager etc. are saying - so calling them liars - or you strongly don't agree with them......and if you are aren't anti-racist then what are you? There is only one alternative.

As usual, Ave_IT you explain so well.

Sep 2, 2008
Martyn":2d339tx6 said:
Ave_IT":2d339tx6 said:

As usual, Ave_IT you explain so well.

But no-one knows why they are booing. You asked the question yourself Martyn, 'Why are they booing?'.

No one knows but a couple of enlightened people think they do know and have taken off on this crusade after assuming they are right. Even Southgate isn't sure. So to label people racist based on what you think you know is moronic in the least :doh:

Sep 2, 2008
I also think its rich for someone to use Southgates words to form a basis for their argument and then when someone else also uses Southgates words to form a basis for their argument, its just dismissed as his 'opinion'. An opinion that they base their very own argument on. :doh:

Just to be clear again....no-one knows why they are booing. Some people think they know and offer up two ways of thinking but actually, they haven't a clue. They are so small minded that they cannot seem to grasp that there may actually be other reasons.:crazy:

Like I say, there are some morons posting on this thread.

Nov 15, 2011
Potty still with his childish pathetic name calling because he doesn’t agree with other people. You see this all the time on social media, people trying to defend the indefensible , when the vileness of their position is explained all they have is to react furiously like a 3 year old who’s lost his dummy. Grow up potty it really is infantile and reflects on whether anyone should take you seriously.

The reality however is clear and undeniable. The players and manager are unequivocal that their stance is against racism and pro equality, nothing to do with any political affiliation. Therefore if you still choose to abuse them for that you are attacking our black and white players standing against racism. And if you desperately try to defend those booing you are part of the problem and the reason why they should keep doing this.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I’m going to stick my neck out here. I think that the way things have been discussed and reported on in the media and social media leans towards the notion that black people should be proud of their colour while white people should be ashamed of their colour. The white middle aged man is getting fed up with constantly being portrayed as the baddie in all of this.

Nov 15, 2011
No one has ever said that. That’s just whinging victimhood. You should.be ashamed of racists whatever colour and support those who oppose it including middle aged white men .

I’m incredibly proud of all sorts of British white men , footballers cricketers doctors scientists musicians etc, just not the racists.