• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

BLM, Taking a knee and THAT symbol of racism

Oct 9, 2003
Aberdeen
themightykeithfear":3fl0oej7 said:
Maybe the day people stop booing it is the day they don't need to do it anymore

But that doesn't stop racists being racist, does it? The whole act is purely symbolic, a show of unity - I have no problem with it but it solves absolutely nothing I'm afraid. If it can be fixed (and sadly I have serious doubts about that), the solution is through persuasion, education and legislation (for any kind of discrimination).

Nov 15, 2011
I disagree Frank it’s got a lot of people talking about it and if people listen to the actuality as explained by Southgate they may question the poison they’re being fed by farage/ right wing press/ their social media or whatever.

Sep 25, 2010
The people who boo, have now got to realise, that the more they do it, the more players will continue to take the knee.

But obviously and because of the mentality of the people who do boo, it could take a little more time.

Southgate said the other day, the players will continue to take the knee, and it is not political, it is purely an Anti-racist stance, therefore the people who boo, can only be classified as racist.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Martyn":102lujbn said:
Southgate said the other day, the players will continue to take the knee, and it is not political....

Ah that's all clear then. All we need to do is forget the association with BLM and all will be fine then. Things are so much easier to understand when it's been explained properly.

Nov 15, 2011
The players and Southgate have confirmed their stance is nothing to do with the BLM political movement, it’s their gesture against racism. If people still want to draw an association then they are calling Southgate and our players liars and looking for any excuse to be racist. They just haven’t got the balls to admit it.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
themightykeithfear":1z1hi6bp said:
The players and Southgate have confirmed their stance is nothing to do with the BLM political movement, it’s their gesture against racism. If people still want to draw an association then they are calling Southgate and our players liars and looking for any excuse to be racist. They just haven’t got the balls to admit it.
At long last you're conceding that BLM is a political movement. It's a start I guess.

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
ninjamissile":17acwqcm said:
themightykeithfear":17acwqcm said:
At long last you're conceding that BLM is a political movement. It's a start I guess.

BLM is 2 things:

1. The fight against injustices against minority communities bring disproportionately abused by police and other authorities.
2. The political party in the US using the name to promote themselves but isn't actually anything to do with 1.

Taking the knee is all about 1, booing the knee is either against 2 (which people need to realise has nothing to do with taking the knee) or some other reason, such as being too immature to wait 10 seconds more for a match to start.

Nov 15, 2011
The only reason people try to tie the American political movement to the footballers non political anti racist stance is it gives them an excuse to be racist, that’s all there is to it even if those people don’t have the guts to admit it.

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
themightykeithfear":q6ywcwff said:
The only reason people try to tie the American political movement to the footballers non political anti racist stance is it gives them an excuse to be racist, that’s all there is to it even if those people don’t have the guts to admit it.

I recon there's a mix of reasons:

1. Sure there's those racists who are enjoying the opportunity to show themselves off.
2. There are those who think taking the knee is supporting the BLM political party
3. There are those who think football should just be about football and their lives are only between the hours of 3 and 530 on a Saturday afternoon
4. There are some people who just like the attention and enjoy being a stirrer

Whilst not everyone who boos is a racist they need to think about what other people are thinking to their actions.

And what's 10 seconds anyway? Did anyone boo during the anthems? Do people boo during the tossing of the coin or photos?

Fighting racism is important and if footballers decide as a group this is what they're going to do to try and solve it then let's support them.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":ae9y0d4f said:

Nothing to do with one gesture linked to two separate movements with the same name that are sort of linked but not not actually?

Understandable why the less enlightened get confused.

Nov 15, 2011
Guiri Green":u90if57d said:
themightykeithfear":u90if57d said:

Nothing to do with one gesture linked to two separate movements with the same name that are sort of linked but not not actually?

When the players and manager tell you they do not support a political movement in America and you still boo them, then either you think Southgate and co are liars and Marxists or you enjoy being a racist.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":1rjcx29a said:
Guiri Green":1rjcx29a said:
themightykeithfear":1rjcx29a said:

When the players and manager tell you they do not support a political movement in America and you still boo them, then either you think Southgate and co are liars and Marxists or you enjoy being a racist.

Unless it's for another reason. I don't know any racists but I'm sure if I met one it wouldn't be one that didn't 'enjoy' it.

There's always the inverted unconscious racists witnessed on these boards who can't see minorities as equals and only see them as victims, unable to speak for themselves and in need of their voice to help them. The ones who put colour before everything in their blinkered quest to prove they are so not racist.