Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The footballing authorities need to get a grip- are they collectively stuck in the dark ages
What will they do if someone is seriously hurt
The National League playoffs start w/c 23/05/22 will we see the same shameful behaviour after those matches finish
I guess we will have to wait & see

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pitch invasions have always happened when teams win promotion, reach Wembley or escape relegation. Even at Home Park.
All that needs to happen is that an announcement is made that home supporters will be allowed on the pitch (if they have anything to celebrate) once the players and officials have exited and detail the legal consequences if not complied with.
If Everton had not won in such a dramatic fashion on Thursday I not sure there would have been a pitch invasion. The atmosphere in the ground after the third goal was verging on the realms of mass hysteria.
The referee must have been anticipating a pitch invasion as just before the final whistle he moved closer to the tunnel and sprinted for it when he blew for full time.
Like most people in the ground we were watching him after the 7 minutes went by.
No consideration for the Palace players and officials though. At Everton the away tunnel is on the opposite side of the pitch to the home tunnel and the benches.

Oct 14, 2015
Any assault is serious but the fact the assailant was only charged with ABH then the authorities clearly don’t think it was serious enough for a GBH charge.

I’m not trying to play down the assault on him for one minute

Reactions: Pogleswoody
Aug 5, 2015
Yes pitch invasions have always happened but they have changed with society. Once upon a time they were expressions of joy. Then they became confrontation points for “fans” especially where it was the away team that had something to celebrate. Now we have morons physically seeking out players and managers to inflict verbal and physical abuse. I don’t know what the answer is. Maybe a load of policemen ready to discharge tazers. Or maybe a deep ditch round the ground that physically prevents pitch invasions. As we’ve found out over the last few years relying on people’s common sense just doesn’t work. Common sense has been completely absent recently.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Isn’t it a bit worrying the scenes we are seeing? Whats more it’s from fans that have won an important game of football.

Man City fans jumping on the cross bar in order to break it. And SKY making it appear by showing these pictures it was all justifiable actions.

We are losing the plot. You apparently have the Villa keeper attacked by City fans at the end the game today.

Every game this week that allowed fans on the pitch we have seen fans behaviour just deteriorate with no excuses as to why.

This is going into next season. Football authorities may have plans to tackle this but it’s not been stoped and now most of these people think what they are doing is acceptable. So that in terms makes people now sitting at home watching this think next season they can do this.

Only morons think this way. But there is enough out there to ruin the footballing experience for most.

Last season at Argyle we saw our own moronic behaviour at HP. When fans clashed. I hope to god somebody is knocking some heads together to think about this seriously otherwise it’s only going to get worse.

Reactions: bigalf

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Financial penalties won’t work on PL teams, it will just be pocket change.

The ONLY remedy that they will completely and utterly understand is a points deduction. Not pussyfooting around with a point here, 3 points there but BANG 10 points for first offence.

After the 2nd or 3rd time, the d1cksplash “passionate” idiots might just get the message.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Only one problem with points deductions.

You could get rival fans going to opposition grounds in the home area and “pretending” they are home supporter’s in order for them to lose points.

l know that may sound stupid, but it’s how idiotic some fans are they would go to those lengths to think it was “funny”.

Reactions: greenpig27

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I’m not talking about the odd individual Incursion, I’m talking about the mass, thousand plus, wearing team colours d1ckheads.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m not talking about the odd individual Incursion, I’m talking about the mass, thousand plus, wearing team colours d1ckheads.

At Argyle earlier in the season their must of been about 30ish idiots running towards the away end (Can’t remember game but people may know)

It only took one mindless moron, for the others to follow.

I agree with what your saying regarding individuals but alot of them share the same brain cell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy S
Sep 6, 2006
Financial penalties won’t work on PL teams, it will just be pocket change.

The ONLY remedy that they will completely and utterly understand is a points deduction. Not pussyfooting around with a point here, 3 points there but BANG 10 points for first offence.

After the 2nd or 3rd time, the d1cksplash “passionate” idiots might just get the message.
It's NOT the only remedy. The remedy is for clubs to invest in proper security rather than trying to cut corners and save money. But points deductions may encourage them to do so. Very much doubt will have an impact on moronic fans behaviour.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It's NOT the only remedy. The remedy is for clubs to invest in proper security rather than trying to cut corners and save money. But points deductions may encourage them to do so. Very much doubt will have an impact on moronic fans behaviour.
Like what? Fences? Staff? For a 15000 crowd at Home Park, how many security staff? 100? That’s 1:150. 200? That’s 1:75. Keep going until you reach the number required to stop say, 5000 of them invading the pitch from all angles.

Then, when you’ve come to your ideal number, multiply by what? 50 quid a day for the stewards? 200 for the supervisors?

How much have you got left for new players? New infrastructure?

Hit ‘em where it really hurts…pointage.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenThing
Sep 6, 2006
Like what? Fences? Staff? For a 15000 crowd at Home Park, how many security staff? 100? That’s 1:150. 200? That’s 1:75. Keep going until you reach the number required to stop say, 5000 of them invading the pitch from all angles.

Then, when you’ve come to your ideal number, multiply by what? 50 quid a day for the stewards? 200 for the supervisors?

How much have you got left for new players? New infrastructure?

Hit ‘em where it really hurts…pointage.
You seriously think these morons are thinking about point deductions? We are not talking about EVERY game. There are not pitch invasions every game are there? If it costs it costs. The clubs have a responsibility.