Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football)

Sep 6, 2006
Bulls4!t. I asked you how many stewards are required, which is quite a reasonable question, and you came back with a sarcastic “You have mistaken me for a crowd management expert.” I’m not arguing that extra security will not improve safety, but to stop this happening completely will require levels of stewarding which are not economically viable.
Why did you ask the question? It's not a serious or reasonable question is it? How am I supposed to know how many stewards? Just like you absolutely don't know its not economically viable. Are you telling me Premiership clubs can't afford it? So we are going to risk players safety for the sake of economy? You are wrong.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
So you assumed I was being awkward asking the question? I was not being awkward, I was asking how many extra would be required as it’s relevant to how much it would cost which in turn would determine if it’s viable. Get it now???

Sep 6, 2006
So you assumed I was being awkward asking the question? I was not being awkward, I was asking how many extra would be required as it’s relevant to how much it would cost which in turn would determine if it’s viable. Get it now???
Nope don't get it. You started asking for scientific evidence for something which is obvious. That increased security would improve safety. The costs/viability are absolutely not relevant as I said. You seem to be suggesting we sacrifice players safety to save money. And are you suggesting Premier League clubs, even Championship clubs, can't afford it? You seem to be.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Nope don't get it. You started asking for scientific evidence for something which is obvious. That increased security would improve safety. The costs/viability are absolutely not relevant as I said. You seem to be suggesting we sacrifice players safety to save money. And are you suggesting Premier League clubs, even Championship clubs, can't afford it? You seem to be.
You started the sarcasm with your reply to my original question, which was a sensible one. If you don’t like sarcasm and rudeness, don’t start it in the first place. You seem to assume that every question is a pop at you, which isn’t the case.

So back to the matter in hand. If the level of extra stewarding required to stop pitch invasions is higher than what the club can afford, then it is not an option. Premier League clubs might be able to afford it, along with some Championship clubs, but I’m not interested in them, I’m interested in Argyle and I’m sure that an extra 100 stewards would be uneconomical for us (number pulled out of thin air, but it will have to be a substantial number as an extra 10 is unlikely to make a dent in the problem).

Sep 6, 2006
You started the sarcasm with your reply to my original question, which was a sensible one. If you don’t like sarcasm and rudeness, don’t start it in the first place. You seem to assume that every question is a pop at you, which isn’t the case.

So back to the matter in hand. If the level of extra stewarding required to stop pitch invasions is higher than what the club can afford, then it is not an option. Premier League clubs might be able to afford it, along with some Championship clubs, but I’m not interested in them, I’m interested in Argyle and I’m sure that an extra 100 stewards would be uneconomical for us (number pulled out of thin air, but it will have to be a substantial number as an extra 10 is unlikely to make a dent in the problem).
No the question was not a sensible one. You knew I would not know the answer so why ask? It was a loaded question. Then you start going on about scientific evidence to continue a disagreement from Brexit threat which you didn't want to pursue when you didn't have a suitable response.
So just to confirm, in your opinion lower League players safety should be compromised on the basis of cost?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
No the question was not a sensible one. You knew I would not know the answer so why ask? It was a loaded question. Then you start going on about scientific evidence to continue a disagreement from Brexit threat which you didn't want to pursue when you didn't have a suitable response.
So just to confirm, in your opinion lower League players safety should be compromised on the basis of cost?
It was a sensible question that you got narky about for no reason whatsoever. If you can’t discuss something properly, pi$$ off. Bye.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Oh the irony! Hilarious.
And conveniently not answering/able to answer my question re player safety.
You know what, it was a serious question without any agenda which you reacted badly to for some reason I really don’t understand. I’ve explained why the question was relevant. I admit that I shouldn’t have reacted to your sarcasm like I did, I shouldn’t have lowered myself to your level. However, you’re making me out to be a pr@@k because you are seeing loaded questions and taking offence when there is none. If you cannot have a discussion like a normal human being without acting like a tw@, then I’m out. Bye.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
Sep 6, 2006
You know what, it was a serious question without any agenda which you reacted badly to for some reason I really don’t understand. I’ve explained why the question was relevant. I admit that I shouldn’t have reacted to your sarcasm like I did, I shouldn’t have lowered myself to your level. However, you’re making me out to be a pr@@k because you are seeing loaded questions and taking offence when there is none. If you cannot have a discussion like a normal human being without acting like a tw@, then I’m out. Bye.
You are the one making a big deal about it, taking offence and being abusive. Not me. 'Heal thy self'. But I'm the one unable to have a discussion whilst you tell me to p$ss off, grow up and stop acting like a tw%t. You couldn't make it up. As I said hilarious.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: GreenThing

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
You are the one making a big deal about it, taking offence and being abusive. Not me. 'Heal thy self'. But I'm the one unable to have a discussion whilst you tell me to p$ss off, grow up and stop acting like a tw%t. You couldn't make it up. As I said hilarious.
Boring :rolleyes: You think my original post was loaded and you started being sarcastic because you wrongly thought I was having a dig. You’re either paranoid or on a wind-up. If your too thick to understand that the original question wasn’t sensible or relevant, then there’s no point is there?
so, I’ll let you have your final word, you can have your lap of honour and pat yourself on the back and feel like your intelligent and then everyone els can get on with the discussion in hand. Crack on and go for it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Guys! This is a whole page now of the two of you back and forthing on the number of angels on a pin, what the pin is made of and how long the pin is.

I'm reading it but I don't know why and most pasotiites probably gave up on this thread a long time ago.

Just saying.

Reactions: GreenThing

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Guys! This is a whole page now of the two of you back and forthing on the number of angels on a pin, what the pin is made of and how long the pin is.

I'm reading it but I don't know why and most pasotiites probably gave up on this thread a long time ago.

Just saying.
Sorry, I let myself get drawn into his silly games.

Reactions: Pogleswoody
Sep 6, 2006
Boring :rolleyes: You think my original post was loaded and you started being sarcastic because you wrongly thought I was having a dig. You’re either paranoid or on a wind-up. If your too thick to understand that the original question wasn’t sensible or relevant, then there’s no point is there?
so, I’ll let you have your final word, you can have your lap of honour and pat yourself on the back and feel like your intelligent and then everyone els can get on with the discussion in hand. Crack on and go for it.
Final post. 2 questions; 1. Did you think I would know how many stewards would be required? Obviously not. But YOU weren't happy with my reply.
2. Are you willing to compromise the safety of the players ?(as previously asked, but conveniently not answered. Just abuse instead.

Sep 6, 2006

Just saying.
Apologies. Just find it difficult when somebody is unwilling to accept a perfectly valid point but is unable to respond to reasonable questions and becomes abusive.

Reactions: Pogleswoody

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Final post. 2 questions; 1. Did you think I would know how many stewards would be required? Obviously not. But YOU weren't happy with my reply.
2. Are you willing to compromise the safety of the players ?(as previously asked, but conveniently not answered. Just abuse instead.
1. As your post suggested that the club could stop pitch invasions with increased stewarding, I thought you might have some sort of idea how many would be required to achieve this, it wasn’t obvious that you wouldn’t have an answer, even if it was just an estimate on your part. It wasn’t a loaded question or any attempt to catch you out, I really was asking an honest question. I wasn’t happy with your sarcastic answer because of the sarcasm rather than the content, although I’m sorry for losing my rag over it.

2. I’m not willing to compromise the safety of the players, which is why pitch invasions have to be stopped. I don’t think it can be stopped by increasing stewards as I think the number of stewards needed will be unworkable and unaffordable.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie