Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Reading through the thread a lot of comments about the loss of seats and the ground not big enough, this season there has been just 6 sell out crowds.
This season Home Park has had just under 300,000 supporters go through the turnstiles. Taking into account if 150 seats are lost through the screen Argyle would lose 900 supporters @£23 per match equates to £20,700 in revenue for the 900 seats lost.
I'm not sure how much it costs to advertise at Home Park but I am sure the club would make a lot more than the income revenue from lost seats which at the same time can be reinvested the club ie. team building, increasing the capacity

Totally agree with the jist of what you’re saying, apart from the ‘just 6 sell out crowds’.

To be turning people away for over a quarter of your home games does indicate we need more seats imo, though I have faith that will be addressed somehow and that this particular issue of losing seats is very minor.

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
Totally agree with the jist of what you’re saying, apart from the ‘just 6 sell out crowds’.

To be turning people away for over a quarter of your home games does indicate we need more seats imo, though I have faith that will be addressed somehow and that this particular issue of losing seats is very minor.
If somehow the segregation problem in the Barn Park was addressed it could be a win all round as possibly only 3 matches were actual sell outs.....Sheff Wednesday, Ipswich & Sunderland and possibly free up an additional 500 or more seats

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I'm sure Simon Hallett and the board are well aware of potential losses through loss of seats and more importantly income through advertising. All the pros and cons would have been looked into. Unless I'm missing something from peoples comments who may know more than Hallett and the board.
Yes, just like "all the pros and cons" were looked at by Hallett and the Board for the Grandstand rebuild and new offices.

What a shambles that was and its going to cost a fortune to put it right, money that should be spent on the team.

As for all this nonsense about who can and can't see the new screen, how many Argyle fans who sit in the Lyndhurst, the most populated stand in the Ground, would go out and buy a large screen telly for their front room, then put it behind them at a 90° + angle to the way their armchair is facing.

Hopefully, the new seats they are now fitting will be like office chairs and will swivel to save us getting a bad neck.

• Haha
Reactions: up the line and L G