Big screen confirmed | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big screen confirmed

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You think that the only thing a big screen does is show the score?

My guess is that you've never been to a stadium with a screen?
All the other stuff is just non-football razzmataz..
I've been to well over 100 stadiums ta and never been suckered in by the big telly in the corner, I find the game more transfixing

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This site will be featured on a match by match basis!

More detail to come obviously but rest assured it will be very fan orientated.

Reactions: smudja
Mar 27, 2008
Don't really understand why they couldn't put it in the gaps between mayflower and barn park or mayflower and Devonport?

Seems a great idea but ridiculous placement - either of the options above would have given the majority the cha CE to see it? Maybe it has to be covered?

The one they have at Wycombe was a free standing affair I seem to remember...
Covered in the article. The place where they are putting it means 99% of the crowd can see it. Nowhere else offers that many being able to see it.

Reactions: smudja
Aug 5, 2005
All the other stuff is just non-football razzmataz..
I've been to well over 100 stadiums ta and never been suckered in by the big telly in the corner, I find the game more transfixing
Replays, team sheets, live scores are all 'non-football razzmatazz'?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Could the fact that the screen is not going in one of the unfinished corners be a sign that there are serious thoughts being given to filling them in? Would be silly to locate a screen in a place from where it will need to be moved.

No, the club have explained why it’s not going in the corner

May 16, 2016
INTERNET:
We demand a TV screen, why haven't we got one ? We need one

ARGYLE:
We can't afford it

INTERNET:
You just lack ambition, how's the Club going to move forward without one ? Everyone else has got one

ARGYLE:
OK We'll get one, we've found some money

INTERNET:
Why are we wasting money and losing seats for TV screens, we don't need one.

ARGYLE:
But you wanted one

INTERNET:
Well, no but, yes, it's in the wrong place, we want it moved or money spent on something else

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Replays, team sheets, live scores are all 'non-football razzmatazz'?
Yeah basically.
Word association: big screen = jumbotron = Americanism.

As I said I'll forgive it if advertising revenue from it buys us a striker.

Personally I'd rather the next off field investment was in installing safe standing on the Devonport. If they are thinking about ways to 'improve the matchday experience' that trumps a big blaring telly shouting about an Accrington equaliser at Burton to no-one in particular

Aug 5, 2005
Yeah basically.
Word association: big screen = jumbotron = Americanism.

As I said I'll forgive it if advertising revenue from it buys us a striker.

Personally I'd rather the next off field investment was in installing safe standing on the Devonport. If they are thinking about ways to 'improve the matchday experience' that trumps a big blaring telly shouting about an Accrington equaliser at Burton to no-one in particular
What on earth are you talking about? What has America got to do with anything?

And out of the hundred or so big screens you claim to have seen, how many 'blare'?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Why don't they put it in block 20 instead? no lost revenue then from the loss of seats for any 'sell out' games....
Hopefully it's a sign that we'll sort out the issue of the concourse and gets these seats available.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
What on earth are you talking about? What has America got to do with anything?
V
And out of the hundred or so big screens you claim to have seen, how many 'blare'?
I'm saying I don't seem to have needed a big screen at Home Park in 30 years of going for me to want to go back.
I said I'd been to 100 stadiums if you re-read...not sure how many screens that equates to.
Blare was used as a descriptor in my post for being overly 'loud' in terms of brightness rather than sound.... perhaps it didn't work. I will say that the Chelsea one was irritatingly loud during half time, jamming advertisements into ears.
I associate the need to be 'additionally entertained' with bright flashing imagery with American sports.
I'm sorry if my opinion on big screens at football has upset you. I'm not asking other people to stop enjoying them as part of their 'matchday experience'...all I'm saying is that, in my personal opinion, they are tacky, superfluous and do not enhance my enjoyment of football, because the football is enough for me personally.
I put them in the same bracket as electric moving adverts on the sidelines.
"Hey you, you've come to the football to support your team but you will never escape being a consumer, NEVER! HEY, YOU, LOOK AT ME NOT YOUR CENTRAL MIDFIELDER PLAYING A PINPOINT PASS" Stop selling me poo, this is my 2 hours of escapism from life insurance products, tyres and being told which country to visit next.

The Herald proclaims:
The screen will add an extra layer of excitement to matchdays

When did football become so dull that a TV is required to add excitement?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2011
SH said in his April report only that unfortunately they would be unable to proceed with the grandstand works until summer 2023 but didn't explain why. Perhaps it is because they are already committed to the Higher Home Park works this close season plus the big screen?
They have known about the Grandstand issues for a very long time now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
They have known about the Grandstand issues for a very long time now.
They have indeed. A lot of that time has been spent I would guess finding the best solution and getting costs for the work. Then of course once that is agreed they need to be sure it can be completed during the close season. I think I read that due to this close season being shorter than normal this wasn't possible, hence it is being done next summer.

May 8, 2011
They have indeed. A lot of that time has been spent I would guess finding the best solution and getting costs for the work. Then of course once that is agreed they need to be sure it can be completed during the close season. I think I read that due to this close season being shorter than normal this wasn't possible, hence it is being done next summer.
So why not give a reason, whatever happened to transparency?