Big Green Lottery. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big Green Lottery.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/big-green-l ... prize-fund

The structure of prizes distributed for the Big Green Lottery has changed from 1st July.

There will now be 7 prizes every week.

1 £100 prize
1 £50 prize
and 5 £10 prizes

There will also be a weekly rollover draw that will start at £500 using the series of 4 numbers used previously. There will be 'one 4 series number' drawn each week and, if not won, the amount will roll forward by £50 until a winning number is drawn. This pot could reach a very large amount as there is no time limit for the rollover prize to be won.

There will also be the monthly Argyle 'money can't buy experience' draw.

Plus the annual draw which will be for £10,000.

The first weekly draw with 7 prizes has been made with winners from Plympton, Plymouth, Kent, Fulwood and Brixham.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":7olk83fy said:
DartingtonPilgrim":7olk83fy said:
Pogleswoody":7olk83fy said:
German Shepherd":7olk83fy said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/big-green-lottery-prize-fund

Not only have I won £10 but Argyle have also awarded me a PHD ( see member no. 1479 in link) !! :thumbup:

Misprint?? German Shepherd Doc instead of Dog?? :think:

PHD ? Police ( Head ) Dog ?

Posh Halsatian Dog? :think:

Ken'nell !!! You're too clever for me Pogles

peak 46

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 12, 2019
After a number of attempts trying to contact the BGL admin I’ve had no luck. Anyone know a reliable contact please?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The repeated first part of the article has been saying for weeks they'd like to get past 650 members and reach 1,000. An updated figure each week would be good and more informative rather than the weekly copy and paste. Unless membership has been stuck on 650 for the last 6 weeks or so.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The article in the Cambridge programme did suggest that the number is ‘approaching 700’ although it referred to the pre July 2021 prize structure.
I understand that this information will be updated in the Fleetwood programme.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This is the most mismanaged lottery I have seen , I’m saying this after winning £500 recently, if it was not for IJN saying what a lucky so & so, I doubt I would have anything about winning. The club need to get a firm grip of this lottery.

• Angry
Reactions: Winslow and Daz

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This is the most mismanaged lottery I have seen , I’m saying this after winning £500 recently, if it was not for IJN saying what a lucky so & so, I doubt I would have anything about winning. The club need to get a firm grip of this lottery.
Correct! I would be very concerned if I was still paying in to the BGL. I wonder how many other prize winners were never told that they had won and have not been paid their winnings?

Reactions: Winslow

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It is disappointing to read criticism of the Big Green Lottery as it is at an inappropriate time when the club is actively trying to INCREASE memberships.
The weekly draw has been made and reported by the Club throughout the lockdown period, when a lot of staff members were furloughed, and I know that as a fact, as I have a record of all winners of the £12k annual draw, £500 monthly draws, weekly rollover winners and hospitality experience winners.
It is true that, during the lockdown periods, there have been delays in reporting results and, maybe, delays in informing winners but, if there was a problem and concerns, there are various avenues that can be used to complain to the club.
I am aware, for example, that many of the work experience winners over the last 18 months were invited to attend the Cambridge game with a guest to receive the Club Argyle experience, including a 3 course meal.
One area that I agree could be improved is the method of announcing and notifying winners.
As mentioned in my op to this thread the system changed from early July.
There are now 7 winners every week (£100, £50 and 5 x £10). It would seem reasonable that winners are contacted (email or telephone) within 2 days of the draw being made and that results are promptly reported on the various social media avenues ( club website, Twitter, Facebook etc.).
I have already suggested that winners could be reported on the weekly Podcast and Charlie Price has implied that this will happen.
As my signature implies, I am a strong supporter of the Big Green Lottery and I urge supporters who are able to afford it to join and support our Academy. Hopefully, there are more prospects like Mike Cooper, Luke Jephcott and Adam Randell progressing through the system.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Baldywills