Bhasera to Qpr | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bhasera to Qpr

Feb 29, 2008
Board show some intent (new pitch a couple of low budget signings) re-new season ticket then this :twisted:
Do we want to bounce back? We shall see, and by the way f##k orf Warnock you're really starting to get on my mammaries now.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
FordGreen":13btk31b said:
Come on guys, we all know damn well that he will be sold for a pittance and the fee will, naturally, be 'undisclosed' in typical Argyle fashion. :twisted:

Stop berating Argyle. The issue of disclosing or not discosing transfer fees is an industry-wide one & is just as likely to be at the buying clubs or even the players request rather than the club selling.

Here is a good article explaining some of the reasons why: http://footyblog.net/football-news/tran ... osed-fees/

Jon

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Green_Bubble":1l1b1n6t said:
JonB":1l1b1n6t said:
FordGreen":1l1b1n6t said:
Come on guys, we all know damn well that he will be sold for a pittance and the fee will, naturally, be 'undisclosed' in typical Argyle fashion. :twisted:

Stop berating Argyle. The issue if disclosing or not discosing transfer fees is an industry-wide one & is just as likely to be at the buying clubs or even the players request rather than the club selling.

Here is a good article explaining some of the reasons why: http://footyblog.net/football-news/tran ... osed-fees/

Jon

Another point on this is that we have not been selling good players for a pittance. Of the good players that we have sold over the last few years we have received very good fees. Norris and Halmosi went for more than they were worth; Gosling went for a good deal, had Everton not ballsed it up; Ebanks-Blake was out of our hands but was still a decent chunk of change; 500k for Mackie post relegation is not to be sneezed at and even the 500k for Buzz isn't too bad considering the manager didn't want to keep him and he only had 6 months left on his contract.

We let players who are surplus to requirements or old go for nothing or very little, but, when people come in for our better players we do not accept a pittance and I'm tired of reading it. I doubt very much that a 100k bid would be accepted and I'd be more inclined to believe that this story has been made up due to his good pre-season form and the fact that QPR have already bought one of our players, because some journalists are just that lazy.

:iagree:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I, for one, would be devastated if Warnock took him - I'm sure I read that Warnock was "doing Plymouth a favour" by having a friendly against us. Well, do us another favour and keep your hands off Bhas'!

Nov 12, 2003
1. The Mirror have a reputation for just making things up.

2. Why is everyone saying that Bhasera is a great player ? He has very little experience in English football and is not proven in this country. From the little I saw of him last season, he looked average at best.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
He has looked very sharp in pre-season and I'd be more than a bit sad if he left.

Z

ZZZZtrillingual

vibratingspider":2zez4sfn said:
I, for one, would be devastated if Warnock took him - I'm sure I read that Warnock was "doing Plymouth a favour" by having a friendly against us. Well, do us another favour and keep your hands off Bhas'!

good point :grin:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
1. It's still unsettling for the player to be linked to a move away. If it is indeed poppycock, then it would be nice for somebody from either club to come out and say so.

2. If Capaldi comes in, I personally think Bhas' will be one of our star players this season playing on the left of midfield. He's a fantastic defender but equally good going forward - in truth, he worried me slightly defensively as he tends to drift a bit, but he's got pace to burn, and he never holds back from a challenge (put it that way!)..

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Trev501":raqub51p said:
He has looked very sharp in pre-season and I'd be more than a bit sad if he left.
I didn't think too much of him when he joined towards the end of last season but this year he has looked very very promising at both left back and a revelation in left midfield.

We do not want to lose him now.

Aug 22, 2006
vibratingspider":9o29x4i3 said:

I agree.

Doing Plymouth a favour? :lol:

No chance. It still amazes me that people think that Warnock has some sort of "special" love for this club. It came up in discussion months ago when he left palace for qpr. He spent a very small amount of time here in his fairly successful career. Of course his number 1 interests are qpr.
However he will try and poach any players, whether they are Sheffield United, Huddersfield, or Argyle players. Of course he has the right to, why shouldn't he as a manager? However a cheeky bid of 100k I do not believe for one minute. That would be shafting us big time. There's no need, he is managing one of the richest clubs in the world.

At least a bid of 500k is needed (and what I would expect from Warnock)to even make me think of such a deal. Bhasera is the type of player that excites me. He is better than what we have had in the past - i.e barker and sawyer. It's one of the only positions that have been improved (potentially) This is why I love footie. The likes of Reda Johnson coming in for next to nothing, Arnie, Peterlin, Bolasie, Noone etc... Along with youngsters like Mason coming through the ranks. Signings like Chris Clark, Karl Duguid, Rory Fallon, even Tony Capaldi (whilst he is a fairly good player and could be decent in terms of linking up with Bhasera, from what I saw of him last season I think he has lost the edge that he had) don't fill me with optimism. They were never improvements on what we had in the past.

Mar 23, 2008
Plympton
If anyone believes anything that comes out of the mirror paper, they're idiots. There's no way Peter Reid is going to let one of the better players go for such a small fee.

R

Rupert

http://twitter.com/rupertmetcalf

Peter Reid has not admitted to any approach being received from QPR - but he has said that Argyle have rejected a bid from Crystal Palace. I doubt that the reports about QPR being interested as well are false.

Lots more in tomorrow's Western Morning News.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
This would truly be a disaster - one of the strongest players in our pre-season and a guy I'd love to have for at least this season.. :cry: