Best places for small children to watch (away from family zone) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best places for small children to watch (away from family zone)

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm bringing my son to his first Argyle game against Doncaster. It's been a long time coming. I'm just trying to book tickets now but am slightly unsure of which seats are going to offer him (5 year old) the best view of the game. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was considering the front of the upper tier of the grandstand, but am unsure as to whether he'll be able to see over the barrier at the front.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find a better place for it. Really looking forward to introducing him to the Green Army!

Reactions: Frank the Phone

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
I took my son to first Argyle game aged 5 as well.

Went for the lower mayflower seats partly because,

plenty of space to move if some one sat in front of us blocking the view.

can sit a few rows up so he could see more of the pitch but be close enough so that he had something to watch rather than being “to far “ from the pitch

In my opinion language is not so bad in this area and again at his was young so could move if needed as plenty of spare seating ( may learn how to moan though….😉)

Also at half time we moved down to the other end so we were closer to the goal Argyle were attacking ( not sure that is allowed so much in these post Covid restrictions times)

Just check the weather though as if it’s going to rain then forget the lower Mayflower…..

Hope that is of some help

PS Son is now an Argyle mad 17 year old who is hooked on the Greens despite seeing us lose 1-4 against Cardiff in his first game…..😀

COYG

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
Great advice, thanks. I'll go for that then!

Really looking forward to it. Have been limited to midweek games mainly while our two have been little so it'll be great to get back down there on a Saturday afternoon.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Great advice, thanks. I'll go for that then!

Really looking forward to it. Have been limited to midweek games mainly while our two have been little so it'll be great to get back down there on a Saturday afternoon.
Upper grandstand has great views and is dry, very well behaved punters, lots of children up here, and spare seats if poor view.