Best and Worse Oppo Forum’s | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best and Worse Oppo Forum’s

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I am sure like me that many visit our oppo’s forums before and after a match, which one’s have impressed you and which are poor.

I thought Huddersfield’s was very entitled and dismissive of us. Wednesday, Ipswich, Coventry and Leeds were very fair and respectful towards us. Which forum’s did you like or dislike, and why?

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
I think Stokes forum is like Huddersfields. Full of entitled, head in the clouds brats., who put us down every opportunity they get. The language on it and the way they abuse each other is abhorrent.

Leeds is a good one. Wednesdays is good and they respect us.

Layout wise. PASOTI is the best one.

Last edited:
May 22, 2006
Owlstalk and OTIB are both full of angst and humour, not unlike this site.

The Preston site is usually full of doom, gloom and expletives near the word Lowe. Quite amusing in its own way.

Oatcake is just poor.

Unfortunately too many adverts on here, even when signed in but can understand the need and overall essential reading for an Argyle supporter.

Reactions: boletus edulis
Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
FWIW, I did the Huddersfield hospitality when we played up there. Very nice afternoon..... The Master of Ceremonies/ Club Announcer was very dismissive of Argyle's chances. His opinion was ' if Plymouth finish above us , we'll be relegated ' ..... Mmm!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pasoti is comfortably the best in terms of user interface and just the general ease of navigating the site. I go onto some and just give up after a couple of minutes after either being bombarded by adverts or just getting annoyed at how crap the layouts are.

Jun 27, 2019
The reaction on the Huddersfield forum when we beat them on opening day was pathetic. It was like we had stolen a rattle from a baby.

The best forum by a million miles is the Championship sub on Reddit. Funny, insightful and nobody - not even fans of the big boy clubs - is allowed to take themselves too seriously.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My faves have always been Owlstalk and OTIB, both fine sites.

There's some dogs out there though. That Luton one, once they're back into the Championship, will be one of the worst.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
FWIW, I did the Huddersfield hospitality when we played up there. Very nice afternoon..... The Master of Ceremonies/ Club Announcer was very dismissive of Argyle's chances. His opinion was ' if Plymouth finish above us , we'll be relegated ' ..... Mmm!
He wasn't far off in fairness!

Mar 30, 2024
Middlesbrough fans seem to hold Argyle in some esteem, they were very complimentary about their visit to HP back in November.

May 16, 2016
Browsing other forums is always an interesting insight into the mindset of other clubs supporters and how they see us. Good, bad or just misguided weirdos.

I dont bother lending any weight to what I see on Facebook or twitter because aside from the repetitive nature of it all, there's some absolutely rabid individuals out there. Like those that seem more interested in going onto other clubs platforms to gloat or bait before bothering with their own.

It does surprise me just how entitled some are, usually those that have achieved little more than us over the years, especially the bland existence clubs that never seem to threaten the top or bottom of their leagues.

Being beaten by Argyle hurts them so much it's brilliant. Most incredibly naive or misinformed of our ability in recent years.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm always shocked by how awful all the other sites are to be frank. They must all come here and look around like children in awe of seeing the ocean for the first time.

Jan 9, 2023
I'm always shocked by how awful all the other sites are to be frank. They must all come here and look around like children in awe of seeing the ocean for the first time.
Let's not get above ourselves! Most oppo fans probably come on here, see the gargantuan number of ads, including some covering key navigation, freeze up their mobile the first thread they look at, then decide never to return! I've read a few comments to that effect...

I've noticed most of the forums actually use similar frameworks to ours, so really it's down to the content.

Since I'm not judging oppo forums by what they think of us (which is a bit sad to be honest), I'd say I actually quite like the Stoke forum and find it quite similar to Owlstalk. Few ads, and no censorship (by the way I appreciate we have to be careful for a reason!). I like edgier though. There are some right tools on there, like most clubs - I think they're more obvious because they can say what they like. Also I always think the more fans on a forum the better. Some big clubs hardly have any posters, Middlesboro being one, surprisingly. Ours is pretty good in that respect!

Ipswich have a terrible one. Just a jumble of threads, completely random, someone needs to get a hold of it!

Where we are truly blessed is GoS. It really is incredible.