Ben Reeves on trial (signs - confirmed)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ryan Lowe has confirmed the second trialist today was in fact Ben Reeves.

He's played the last four seasons in League One with MK Dons and Charlton and before that in the Championship with MK Dons.
He was injured at the start of last season and returned in October to be an ever-present for MK Dons.
Apart from last season he does get his fair share of goals so a possible replacement for Sarcevic?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s got good pedigree and I would sign him up without further delay.

The only question being where do we play him.

I think he’ll be wasted as a WB. He’s needed in CM alongside mayor or Camara

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
I really hope this is a centre Mid rather than a wing back prospect. George Cooper was such a massive player for us last year I very much want him back. Ben Reeves looks like a great signing on paper but Cooper's assist record was pretty amazing

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Any update on Reeves, or have we blown the budget on Cooper!?

He would certainly give us more competition and strength in depth in midfield...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
damon.green":e40ojdy2 said:

He would certainly give us more competition and strength in depth in midfield...
I think with is signing Cooper Reeves looks less likely.

Miller would probably be looked at as LB if signed which would give cooper as back up LWB and a more central role.

My preference would be to move Grant on and replace him with Reeves but at the minute, for the 3 midfield roles we have Camara, Grant, Edwards, Mayor, Cooper, Macleod with youngsters waiting in the wings. Reeves would be nice but unrealistic in my opinion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tugboat":28k281wa said:
damon.green":28k281wa said:

I think with is signing Cooper Reeves looks less likely.

Miller would probably be looked at as LB if signed which would give cooper as back up LWB and a more central role.

My preference would be to move Grant on and replace him with Reeves but at the minute, for the 3 midfield roles we have Camara, Grant, Edwards, Mayor, Cooper, Macleod with youngsters waiting in the wings. Reeves would be nice but unrealistic in my opinion.

In a normal season I would agree with you but this season we have so many Saturday Tuesday Saturday games so we'll need a big squad to cope with fatigue, injuries and suspensions as will other clubs and it will be the clubs who have good cover in their squads that will do well.

Reeves can play a number of positions so will be able to provide cover.
The problem is that we are already up to 20 potential first team players and that's not counting the youngsters so with everyone fit some players will miss out.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I agree that with an enlargened group of identified key players there is a danger that 'youngsters' will not get a sniff of an opportunity to perform in the First XI . I get the feeling that Argyle's sub bench for games is likely to be the strongest we have witnessed for many a season. I just hope no disillusionment creeps into the young players if they do not get invited to go out on loan.

Jul 12, 2016
I still don't understand why we have signed so many players in the current economic climate. Hallett had warned us we needed
to be frugal yet we are still recruiting playing and non playing staff. Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

Mar 16, 2009
London
oldage":1xgaruho said:
I still don't understand why we have signed so many players in the current economic climate. Hallett had warned us we needed
to be frugal yet we are still recruiting playing and non playing staff. Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

It’s not a big squad.

We needed to make at least 8 good quality additions just to be competitive.

To drop back into League 2 would be counter productive financially, a disaster in fact.

Olaf

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🚑 Steve Hooper
Aug 2, 2016
I'm hearing that Ben Reeves has signed.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Olaf":2qal9tw9 said:
I'm hearing that Ben Reeves has signed.

Brilliant news if true :thumbup:

Jul 12, 2016
Justin":2ktbklem said:
oldage":2ktbklem said:

It’s not a big squad.

We needed to make at least 8 good quality additions just to be competitive.

To drop back into League 2 would be counter productive financially, a disaster in fact.
It would be worse to drop out of the league!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I really hope we sign him.

Him with mayor would be good, leaving Camara as another option and Grant backup to Macleod.