Ben Purrington? (signs for Ross County) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ben Purrington? (signs for Ross County)

Aug 17, 2005
Just Dog walking talk but meant to be in talks for return. Checked he is still only 25 and out of contract end of June. Many on here think we will lose Connor grant could he be the replacement????

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I always find it a bit odd that rumours so often surface linking Argyle with ex-players who have had their time at the club and moved on. Time we did the same.

Reactions: oldage

Adam

Pasoti Designer
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 5, 2010
I liked Ben when he was here, but I donā€™t really see him adding anything new to the squad other than depth to be honest.

He played 23 games last season, scored two goals and had one assist.

Ryan Law played 22 games last season, scored 2 goals and had one assist.

In terms of depth, then maybe itā€™s worth having Purrington in the squad - it would free up Conor Grant to move into central midfield if Pan goes.

But other than that - Purrington and Law are statistically similar players, so I donā€™t think we need Purrington. Iā€™d be happy for Ryan Law to get the opportunity this season.

Jul 28, 2020
Good player. Was sorry to see him go ( strange decision IMO). Just my opinion, but I think heā€™d be a useful signing, as I think he could play LCB and LWB ( Iā€™ve also seen him play defensive midfield for Argyle) ....

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I liked Ben when he was here, but I donā€™t really see him adding anything new to the squad other than depth to be honest.

He played 23 games last season, scored two goals and had one assist.

Ryan Law played 22 games last season, scored 2 goals and had one assist.

In terms of depth, then maybe itā€™s worth having Purrington in the squad - it would free up Conor Grant to move into central midfield if Pan goes.

But other than that - Purrington and Law are statistically similar players, so I donā€™t think we need Purrington. Iā€™d be happy for Ryan Law to get the opportunity this season.
Purrington would be a better option than Grant or Law at LB. He has played a lot League 1 football as well as some at Championship level.

I suspect he has been released because his Championship-wages contract has expired and Charlton are not prepared to match or improve it.

Law is almost 23 years old but the Jury is still out on him becoming a good League 1 player. We can't keep calling him a promising youngster.

Grant is the epitome of the one-paced pedestrian plodder, so to suggest that he could replace a box to box Duracell Bunny in CM is ridiculous. He only ended up at LB because he never really impressed Adams or Lowe in CM.

Reactions: Emu

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
I think he's worth a look for sure. I wonder if he could adapt to being the left hand side CB of a 3.

Reactions: Emu

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Purrington would be a better option than Grant or Law at LB. He has played a lot League 1 football as well as some at Championship level.

I suspect he has been released because his Championship-wages contract has expired and Charlton are not prepared to match or improve it.

Law is almost 23 years old but the Jury is still out on him becoming a good League 1 player. We can't keep calling him a promising youngster.

Grant is the epitome of the one-paced pedestrian plodder, so to suggest that he could replace a box to box Duracell Bunny in CM is ridiculous. He only ended up at LB because he never really impressed Adams or Lowe in CM.
So if itā€™s his championship wages that Charlton arenā€™t prepared to match or better, how or why would we?

Reactions: Bryan Tregunna
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Just Dog walking talk but meant to be in talks for return. Checked he is still only 25 and out of contract end of June. Many on here think we will lose Connor grant could he be the replacement????
I thought he either played as a full back or on the left side of a back four. I always felt he lacked a yard of pace and it begs the question as to whether he would be actually any better than young Law in the wing back role? I accept he would cost nowt to sign, which may be an attraction, but there will be plenty others also being released to consider.