Ben Purrington? (signs for Ross County) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ben Purrington? (signs for Ross County)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Incredible isn't it. The number of times people read things and then it becomes something else:rolleyes:

Although, on Broom Dewsnip did say; - "We know exactly what Ryan can bring. We think he's a fantastic person to have around the squad but at this stage we do not have any plans to develop that conversation."

What caught my eye was the 'at this stage'. So that must mean that we do have plans to have that discussion so a deal isn't dead in the water. I guess what he's saying is that we know how Peterborough play when in the transfer market and all we have to do is hold on and eventually they'll let us have him at a price we're comfortable with.

Looking forward to seeing Broomy in green next season....Brooooooooom!
You’ve interpreted ‘at this stage’ to mean ‘not now but in the future’. It could easily simply mean ‘not now’ with no specific plan for the future but not ruling out a reconsideration.

You like to suggest that it’s others who read things into the various pronouncements but I think you’re also prone to do this.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Didn't Purrington have an uncle who was great at Rugby, played for Exeter Chiefs (?) and England, and was his mentor?

I think he encouraged Purrington to make a move from us, so it wasn't a matter of Purrington being put on the transfer list under Adams, it was a matter of him wanting away to a bigger club to further his own career, and Adams (or the Club) was unable to turn down the money.
No - the club/Adams wanted to cash in.

Apr 1, 2009
Didn't Purrington have an uncle who was great at Rugby, played for Exeter Chiefs (?) and England, and was his mentor?

I think he encouraged Purrington to make a move from us, so it wasn't a matter of Purrington being put on the transfer list under Adams, it was a matter of him wanting away to a bigger club to further his own career, and Adams (or the Club) was unable to turn down the money.
Purrington's uncle is Richard Hill, 2003 world cup winning rugby player, but not an Exeter Chiefs player. Don't think he was particularly a mentor of BP, or that he played a key role in the transfer.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar
Jul 29, 2010
If we're doing the usual summer sport of linking ex players... then Ryan Leonard please.

Just caught up with his edition of the Argyle podcast. Wow, wasn't overly enthralled at the prospect of a old boy who didn't do much in a an Argyle shirt but he absolutely oozed a love of Argyle and what an all round positive character for any dressing room.

He won't come because he's too good and can command a Championship squad place... which is precisely why Ben Purrington comes into our orbit... and precisely why we should probably pass on him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If we're doing the usual summer sport of linking ex players... then Ryan Leonard please.

Just caught up with his edition of the Argyle podcast. Wow, wasn't overly enthralled at the prospect of a old boy who didn't do much in a an Argyle shirt but he absolutely oozed a love of Argyle and what an all round positive character for any dressing room.

He won't come because he's too good and can command a Championship squad place... which is precisely why Ben Purrington comes into our orbit... and precisely why we should probably pass on him.
Leonard is 6'1", defender/midfielder.
We released him and he played over 200 games for Southend, their player of the Year 3 times.
Sold to Millwall for £1.5m 🦑.
So, anyone remember? Why didn't he play 200+ games for us? :unsure:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I guess the club will consider him just for being available but we’ve got Galloway/Macaulay for the Left side CB position and Grant/Law for the LWB. I don’t see BP beating Galloway or Grant for a starting place.

To come in you need to be better or at least equal than what’s on offer. I don’t think BP is and for that reason… no ta

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jul 6, 2011
Leonard is 6'1", defender/midfielder.
We released him and he played over 200 games for Southend, their player of the Year 3 times.
Sold to Millwall for £1.5m 🦑.
So, anyone remember? Why didn't he play 200+ games for us? :unsure:
He left, we didn't release him.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ross County?? How bizarre, surely he can do better than that. And literally couldn't be further from home.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Ross county seem to have signed a couple players who you might think are above their level... Jordy Hiwula for example. Perhaps there's some money been invested on the quiet?