• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Be careful what you wish for...

Nov 15, 2011
Pottypilgrim":2kjd6g07 said:
I can see this happening a lot, lot more in the future...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-unit-resigns-after-officer-indicted-n1271309

This is what happens when common sense flies out the window in order to satisfy the public screaming of those people that are more awake than the rest of us :roll:

Here's the video of what the officer did, I think common sense just flew out the window (Its the 6th video Cop 37)

https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/statu ... 6426891265

Sep 2, 2008
Here's another report which paints a picture of the sort of provocation that these volunteers faced (see last paragraph).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57532258

Its all well and good people bleating about what officers in this situation should or shouldn't do when you haven't been in such a position yourself. I wonder how such people might react when faced with a baying crowd that threatens their own very existence. Those volunteers have families and I know that when you're in such positions a degree of self preservation naturally kicks in.

These volunteers put themselves on the front line to uphold law and order and deserve to be backed by their superiors imo.

I wonder if the protestors ever consider that if they acted in a different way then maybe the volunteers would have as well :think:
Then again, why would they when they know they have the support of those blinkered people that are more awake than others.

Nov 15, 2011
I thought you'd cancelled me Potty?

That wasn't a baying crowd, that was a woman running away from a big man with a truncheon who assaulted her for no apparent reason.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Pottypilgrim":3brbucpb said:
Here's another report which paints a picture of the sort of provocation that these volunteers faced (see last paragraph).

Its all well and good people bleating about what officers in this situation should or shouldn't do when you haven't been in such a position yourself. I wonder how such people might react when faced with a baying crowd that threatens their own very existence. Those volunteers have families and I know that when you're in such positions a degree of self preservation naturally kicks in.

These volunteers put themselves on the front line to uphold law and order and deserve to be backed by their superiors imo.

I wonder if the protestors ever consider that if they acted in a different way then maybe the volunteers would have as well :think:
Then again, why would they when they know they have the support of those blinkered people that are more awake than others.

Sorry PP I disagree with this on a fundamental point.

When I, in a previous life was armed or on any deployment. I did so under Rules of Engagement (RoE) - which are no different regardless of the service - military or law enforcement - armed or unarmed.

Under RoE you are covered if you obey those rules, but if you decide to take the law into your own hands and start assaulting people based on your own opinions you know you will be prosecuted.

This argument of people trying to imply it wasn't their fault is symptomatic with the whole "it wasn't my fault" excuse so often used in modern life.

Something I believe you've argued against on this very forum with comments about personal responsibility as has GG.

Jan 20, 2004
Surprise, surprise, Pottypilgrim jumps to the defence of violence used by a volunteer police force.

Let's think carefully, what lessons have we learnt from the past of the rise of violent volunteer police forces ?! Surely not ithe rise of Fascism .

You're right Potty, you should be careful what you wish for.

Sep 2, 2008
Pilgrim_Joe":3lsm9pjy said:
Pottypilgrim":3lsm9pjy said:

When I, in a previous life was armed or on any deployment. I did so under Rules of Engagement (RoE) - which are no different regardless of the service - military or law enforcement - armed or unarmed.

Under RoE you are covered if you obey those rules, but if you decide to take the law into your own hands and start assaulting people based on your own opinions you know you will be prosecuted.

This argument of people trying to imply it wasn't their fault is symptomatic with the whole "it wasn't my fault" excuse so often used in modern life.

Something I believe you've argued against on this very forum with comments about personal responsibility as has GG.

I see. So you’re one of those people that agree with the NI and Afghan/Iraq veterans being hauled up in front of the judge.

I’m fully aware of the Rules of Engagement and in my experience the other side don’t usually play to the same rules as has been demonstrated by the protestors. I usually find that the person following the rules usually ends up either dead or certainly worse off.

If you want to play by the sword then be prepared to die by it and don’t start bleating if you end up worse off.

Nov 15, 2011
It didn't seem to me that the defenseless woman chased by the enormous man with the baton who pushed her to the ground and hit her with the baton was playing "by the sword".

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Pottypilgrim":2e3pzcbf said:
Pilgrim_Joe":2e3pzcbf said:
Pottypilgrim":2e3pzcbf said:

I see. So you’re one of those people that agree with the NI and Afghan/Iraq veterans being hauled up in front of the judge.

I’m fully aware of the Rules of Engagement and in my experience the other side don’t usually play to the same rules as has been demonstrated by the protestors. I usually find that the person following the rules usually ends up either dead or certainly worse off.

If you want to play by the sword then be prepared to die by it and don’t start bleating if you end up worse off.

So in your particular experience?

That will always be the case as are things wherever deployed, but we're not talking about a battlefield situation here we're talking about protestors who would have been captured on bodycam footage which is often mysteriously missing for the innocent officers and it's often passers by who actually provide the true record of events.

Law enforcement don't have a pass card to just beat people because they've had a bad day.

We all know and understand that - we don't live in communist states.

NI/ Afghanistan are historical situations and completely different to what's being discussed as there's actual footage confirming what's occurred.

Don't worry Boris will protect the soldiers as per his manifesto promise - just ask Johnny Mercer :facepalm: :hitfan:

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
OP: I've definitely got those liberal snowflakes this time - no way can they argue with this one!

Everyone else, increasingly wearily: As always, you're talking ignorant, blinkered, biased cobblers, and you really need to expand your world beyond your perpetually angry middle-aged rightwing bubble before you give yourself a heart attack induced by a massive overdose of misbegotten sanctimony. The Alex Joneses and Tucker Carlsons of this world don't care if you live or die, so try to go cold turkey before it's too late.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
MickyD":31eecjh8 said:
OP: I've definitely got those liberal snowflakes this time - no way can they argue with this one!

Everyone else, increasingly wearily: As always, you're talking ignorant, blinkered, biased cobblers, and you really need to expand your world beyond your perpetually angry middle-aged rightwing bubble before you give yourself a heart attack induced by a massive overdose of misbegotten sanctimony. The Alex Joneses and Tucker Carlsons of this world don't care if you live or die, so try to go cold turkey before it's too late.
:-D :clap:

Sep 2, 2008
Pilgrim_Joe":1vuc2cie said:
Pottypilgrim":1vuc2cie said:
Pilgrim_Joe":1vuc2cie said:

So in your particular experience?

That will always be the case as are things wherever deployed, but we're not talking about a battlefield situation here we're talking about protestors who would have been captured on bodycam footage which is often mysteriously missing for the innocent officers and it's often passers by who actually provide the true record of events.

Law enforcement don't have a pass card to just beat people because they've had a bad day.

We all know and understand that - we don't live in communist states.

NI/ Afghanistan are historical situations and completely different to what's being discussed as there's actual footage confirming what's occurred.

Don't worry Boris will protect the soldiers as per his manifesto promise - just ask Johnny Mercer :facepalm: :hitfan:

That’s often not the case at all. You tend to find that the lead up to whatever action led law enforcers to take their action is conveniently omitted from the ‘true record of events’.

Unless you’re there or have ever been in such situations you really shouldn’t be commenting in favour of any side as you are not informed well enough. That doesn’t stop some people who think they know it all though. You know which ones; the ones that are more awake :crazy:

Nov 15, 2011
Potty telling people not to comment on any side when they weren’t there when he’s just started a post commenting on one side when he wasn’t there. Some things are beyond parody.