BBC Spotlight (again) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

BBC Spotlight (again)

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Another technical point, he was Westward TV from 1961 - it`s inception -, I met him on a train at North Road station when they were launching the service, I am waggling my ears and jumping up and down now.
Don't remember seeing you there Derek! :giggle: It was the promotion for Westward TV for those that do not know.

Jan 11, 2016
And the promotion at North Road included 3440 City of Truro which will mean something to fellow ex-members of the Ian Allan Locospotters Club. It was a cop for me! I remember Westward as getting most things right except their football footage despite in Don Arnold having one of the real gentlemen of the game. Was it Christopher Gage with Gus or am I getting it mixed up with Blue Peter. I sense this thread is on permanent drift. We'll know it's lost if someone mentions Bill and Ben.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
And the promotion at North Road included 3440 City of Truro which will mean something to fellow ex-members of the Ian Allan Locospotters Club. It was a cop for me! I remember Westward as getting most things right except their football footage despite in Don Arnold having one of the real gentlemen of the game. Was it Christopher Gage with Gus or am I getting it mixed up with Blue Peter. I sense this thread is on permanent drift. We'll know it's lost if someone mentions Bill and Ben.
Rag, Tag And Bobtail! :)

Reactions: IJN
Dec 30, 2010
There are no weeds on the pitch at home park, but the lady who was the voice behind little weed in bill and ben died recently.

Sep 22, 2020
of course as european champions exeter chiefs are the biggest sports news west of bristol.

The reality is exeter city and argyle have been broadly similar over the last 12 years with exeter on a better run at the moment, albeit in a league below. bur, all lower league stuff.

Jan 11, 2016
Frowned upon yes and rightly so but custodial sentences are apparently still rare. The spotlight in this thread has seemingly blown a fuse!

Aug 5, 2015
I’m still concerned about Bill and Ben’s relationship with Little Weed and I don’t think it had anything to do with smoking!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Back on topic - tonight on Spotlight after an item about the Chiefs (with interviews) - more or less verbatim:-
"...and in tomorrow's football Plymouth Argyle host promotion favourites Wigan and are hoping to avoid three defeats in a row. Meanwhile Exeter City will aim to return to winning ways against...."

OK - so there are some things I care marginally more about - but it is irritating and provoked a loud "Oh F**k Off!" from me aimed at the smiley Ms Cornah. 😳