BBC Spotlight (again) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

BBC Spotlight (again)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Stopped watching ever since they binned Gus Honeybun.
Showing my age- but i loved watching him as a child

Bunny hops, magic buttons & his shenanigans with Judi Spiers were priceless

There is only 1 Gus Honeybun :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
*technical point: Gus Honeybun was TSW, not BBC

Another technical point, he was Westward TV from 1961 - it`s inception -, I met him on a train at North Road station when they were launching the service, I am waggling my ears and jumping up and down now.

May 8, 2011
Another technical point, he was Westward TV from 1961 - it`s inception -, I met him on a train at North Road station when they were launching the service, I am waggling my ears and jumping up and down now.
Gus Honeybun came to visit me and the other poorly children in Mount Gould hospital at Christmas 1970, his helper that day was Angela Rippon.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Gus RIP. 😭

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Now for me, if it was say Gabby Logan trying to push in I would definitely allow it. Her dad was after all a former Wednesday manager (not a very good one but still). She was also a very good gymnast and still is a very good presenter.

If it was say Natalie Cornaaahhh , then she could wait her turn.

Not just for that reason, I watch very little TV at all and have not done for some years. The presenter in question who shall remain nameless has huge 'I am' syndrome whereas I found her presentation skills very limited. Radio 4 and Classic FM in the Bigalf household. TV generally only goes on for Argyle cup games and EFL on Quest
Not just for that reason, I watch very little TV at all and have not done for some years. The presenter in question who shall remain nameless has huge 'I am' syndrome whereas I found her presentation skills very limited. Radio 4 and Classic FM in the Bigalf household. TV generally only goes on for Argyle cup games and EFL on Quest

Reactions: Jonesy
Dec 3, 2005
You would have thought that NONE of the Devon sides played last night, not a mention of football.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I did hear from a reliable source that when she was booted out from Radio Devon, they held a party for her ‘survivors’.

Reactions: bigalf

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Showing my age- but i loved watching him as a child

Bunny hops, magic buttons & his shenanigans with Judi Spiers were priceless

There is only 1 Gus Honeybun :ROFLMAO:
A little off topic but there was more than 1 Gus Honeybun. Attached to the bulkhead in the corner of the Petty Officers mess on HMS Brazen there was a brass cage with a trapdoor in which lived a Gus Honeybun. Unfortunately, the aforementioned rabbit also had a noose round his neck. On the cry 'Hang the Rabbit' the trapdoor would be sprung and Gus would dangle with a bemused look on his furry face. This was of course the precursor to a major p**s-up.

This was done knowingly for celebrations such as promotion, childbirth etc, not so willingly as a Kangaroo court martial punishment for some misdemeanour, real or imaginary or at various times by ingenious booby traps by connecting the trapdoor to everyday objects using very fine fishing line. If you opened the trap door, you paid for the round.

Craig Rich came on board to start the Tall Ships Race in the early 90s and said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen and his video cameraman filmed Gus in action for the BBC Christmas out-takes compilation. As guests could not pay for drinks Mr Rich paid for the round by donating a considerable sum to the mess charity bottle. Top Man!

Dec 3, 2005
Some things are more important
I know what you mean and I totally agree, I mentioned the main topic on a thread after the Wycombe game, when two posters were having a go at each other over a trivial point. That aside, Spotlight spent a good 5 minutes on Xmas markets, in November.