BBC ending Question of Sport | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

BBC ending Question of Sport

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Audience numbers have declined significantly to under 1 million since the revised format when Sue Barker was replaced by Paddy McGuiness.

Got me thinking about past quiz shows.

Not sure how many posters will recall this one from a different era (smoking on TV included) with David Vine hosting.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I used to love QoS, but the new format was nothing but a disaster, as they viewing figures show.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Yes, I remember Quiz Ball. Derek Dougan, when appearing with Wolves, was feted as some kind of genius because he actually had a decent smattering of general knowledge!

I enjoyed watching QoS from the very beginning but I gave up years ago when it turned into a ridiculous circus with the team captains (Tuffers and that rugger captain chappie) just arsing about all the time in the name of what I believe the hip young teens of today would call light entertainment. I can hardly bear to imagine how bad it got with Goofy McGuinness at the helm: the Saint Davids (Vine and Coleman) would have been spinning in their graves.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2006
It's gone downhill since the unfunny paddy mcguiness took over but how about not paying them ridiculous amounts to cut costs. Same with Lineker on motd well overpaid for sitting in a studio gassing about the premier league. I could do that for 10% of his pay

Sep 28, 2022
Hear, hear to the above post about over paid "celebs😅" on the BBC paid for by us. About time the BBC funded itself! 🤔

May 22, 2006
I thought they stopped making QoS years ago.
Unfortunately it suffered the same fate as many BBC shows - killed trying to appeal to da yoofs, who have more distractions and shorter attention spans than any previous generation.

Sep 28, 2022
Not BBC bashing at all. I would quite like to sit in on an evening and watch Sky Sports or Tnt for the European nights, or the boxing, cricket etc etc. Guess what I can't afford it, I, m a pensioner on a limited budget but I, m still expected to fund a TV service for other people and not myself. I don't listen to BBC radio either. So if you and 40 million households + could pay into an account for me and other people like me in order for me and other people like me to watch what we want to watch many thanks. It will only be £14 a month to make a pensioner very happy. Merry Christmas. Oh and maybe you could throw in Argyle TV as well. Coygs!!.

Mar 11, 2018
Most TV shows don't make it off the drawing board or past the pilot episode, let alone go to air for half a century. Looks like this format, which is owned by the BBC, has run its course. Nothing to stop anybody else coming up with a different idea for a sport-based quiz show that isn't behind a paywall.

Last edited: