Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 43 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

Anyone in Central London (Barbican/Smithfield) on the day, desperate for an early pint - try here, the last remaining early-opening market pub. Beer available from 8am on a Saturday.

Feb 23, 2008
I had planned to go straight to the Fulham Broadway from Paddington but by the sounds of it it's probably not a great idea to get to the ground too early, thinking maybe Earl's Court is sounding the best option then follow what sounds likely will be a large green contingent to the ground from there?

If the weather's bad then can obviously just jump back on the tube to Fulham closer to ko?

What sort of time would people advise to leave Earls Court for a 1230ko?

Feb 23, 2008
What that does tell us is that Argyle have told Chelsea they want their full allocation so will now know how many tickets we have.

Hopefully that means they'll be putting them on sale soon so people can book hotels, travel etc with a bit more confidence that they'll be going to the actual game.
Isn't it worth just booking it anyway before the prices rise and getting refundable deals?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Isn't it worth just booking it anyway before the prices rise and getting refundable deals?
Thats what I've done. Hotel in Earl's Court I can cancel last minute and paid the extra few quid for refundable train tickets. I'm a ST holder so should be okay but no point risking it ..at the same time got my bookings for transport and accommodation in whilst they were reasonable

Reactions: chunkymonkey78

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Thats what I've done. Hotel in Earl's Court I can cancel last minute and paid the extra few quid for refundable train tickets. I'm a ST holder so should be okay but no point risking it ..at the same time got my bookings for transport and accommodation in whilst they were reasonable
Similar here although we'll drive up. Two rooms booked at a hotel in Richmond (one that members of my family have used before for trips to London) on a flexi-rate that can be cancelled up to the day before.

Reactions: up the line

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I'm planning to drive to Bristol Parkway and get the train in from there. Less than two hours to the station, plenty of trains taking an hour and a quarter to Paddington and it beats the train/motorway planned disruptions.

Tube to Earls Court in 10 mins and a stroll from there.

Reactions: twist of lime
Slightly off the beaten track(only slightly) Hereford Arms Gloucester Road is quite a nice pub and will be quieter than the ones around the ground or Earls Court after the game.
This is an excellent pub, we used it before a QPR game some years ago. Very near the tube, but in residential streets so quiet, as BG suggests.

One other tip for anyone staying in town . and thinking of heading into Chinatown - don’t leave it too late. We went after a 3pm Barnet match and by 7pm it was totally rammed. A better bet might be The Churchill Arms in South Ken, an excellent pub that also happens to do Thai food.

Reactions: Balham Green

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Chelsea started ticket sales today at 14:00 for season ticket holders

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I doubt it. Chelsea tend to sell out all of their games regardless of opponent and they have a waiting list for tickets. Think 6000 is all we’ll get.
Chelsea website says Argyle have taken the whole of the shed end, that's a full capacity of 6831. Some Chelsea season ticket holders are displaced as a result.....

Sep 6, 2006
Slightly off the beaten track(only slightly) Hereford Arms Gloucester Road is quite a nice pub and will be quieter than the ones around the ground or Earls Court after the game
Chelsea started ticket sales today at 14:00 for season ticket holders
Bet they were queueing up.!!!!

Reactions: Greenheart
Jul 20, 2019
Chelsea's protocol for league cup and fa cup is always to give over the shed end (and displace ST holders) to away supporters, never any more or less. For premier league and CL it's only the left hand side of the shed.

Reactions: twist of lime