Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 42 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

Feb 23, 2008
Would you say getting in to Paddington just before ten is about right as I saw the tube journey is 12 mins with a train every 15, or would it be best to get in earlier?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Just booked hotel room in Richmond and will travel in/out via underground assuming I get tickets for myself and my younger daughter (we’re ST holders so should be fine). Ifany London travel experts can recommend the best underground stops/changes that would be appreciated. I get the heebie-jeebies just going east of about Swindon so London is something else…

Elder daughter is going to be travelling in from Guildford, assuming her boyfriend can get tickets later today, but she’ll be in the Chelsea end because he’s a Chelsea fan…

Sep 3, 2009
Very easy from Richmond, Doc. District Line tube to Earl's Court (Richmond is a terminus, so you can't go the wrong way!). Change at Earl's Court for a Wimbledon District Line tube and get off at Fulham Broadway.

Reactions: The Doctor
May 21, 2015
On Chelsea site:
"As Plymouth have taken the Shed End for this fixture, displaced season ticket holders can purchase any of the available seats not taken by a season ticket holder."
Shouldn't read too much into that right now, but may give more than 6000?
Edit: capacity of shed end is 6831

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I doubt it. Chelsea tend to sell out all of their games regardless of opponent and they have a waiting list for tickets. Think 6000 is all we’ll get.

Jun 27, 2019
On Chelsea site:

Shouldn't read too much into that right now, but may give more than 6000?
Edit: capacity of shed end is 6831
What that does tell us is that Argyle have told Chelsea they want their full allocation so will now know how many tickets we have.

Hopefully that means they'll be putting them on sale soon so people can book hotels, travel etc with a bit more confidence that they'll be going to the actual game.

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
London underground can be a bit daunting if you aren't used to travelling on it. Signage is good and the best stations are either Earls Court with a bit of a walk or Fulham Broadway with a very short walk. Just give yourselves plenty of time as it will take longer than you expect /hope. It may prove harder to get a match ticket for this match than being able to get there (all routes lead to London). COYGs. Fawlty

West Stand

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 9, 2022
London is one of the most straightforward places to get around. If I'm saying that then I'm sure you'll be fine 🤣.

I'm not sure of the lay of the land around Fulham Broadway but generally, tube station = pub and places to eat

Edited. Closer inspection shows Fulham Broadway has a range of eateries including a 5 guys (burger place) slap bang outside it.
There are plenty of pubs around Fulham Broadway but the vast majority of these are reserved for home fans only and supporters going in will be asked to prove who they support usually membership / season ticket card or tickets for the game.

You will have to exit Fulham Broadway via steps which will lead you along a service road before exiting onto Fulham Road turn right and SB is about 100 metres on your left. There are lifts from the Tube Station if you have a disability and you then exit in the shopping are where there eateries on the upper level but these are swarming on match days with Chelsea supporters but unless you are obvious you can sit down for something to eat
My suggestion would be to either walk away from SB or meet up in the likes of Southfields area or indeed Earls Court .Neither of these areas take long to travel to SB from so even if you allow extra time to get in to the ground allowing 45 minutes should suffice from these sort of areas
Long gone are the days when there was a lot of trouble outside the ground but it can easily boil over if alcohol or testosterone takes charge. Just be careful because every corner every pub etc is covered by CCTV and whilst the Met police are incredibly chilled nowadays they have significant reserves on standby very close to the ground

Last edited:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
There are plenty of pubs around Fulham Broadway but the vast majority of these are reserved for home fans only and supporters going in will be asked to prove who they support usually membership / season ticket card or tickets for the game.

You will have to exit Fulham Broadway via steps which will lead you along a service road before exiting onto Fulham Road turn right and SB is about 100 metres on your left. There are lifts from the Tube Station if you have a disability and you then exit in the shopping are where there eateries on the upper level but these are swarming on match days with Chelsea supporters but unless you are obvious you can sit down for something to eat
My suggestion would be to either walk away from SB or meet up in the likes of Southfields area or indeed Earls Court .Neither of these areas take long to travel to SB from so even if you allow extra time to get in to the ground allowing 45 minutes should suffice from these sort of areas
Long gone are the days when there was a lot of trouble outside the ground but it can easily boil over if alcohol or testosterone takes charge. Just be careful because every corner every pub etc is covered by CCTV and whilst the Met police are incredibly chilled nowadays they have significant reserves on standby very close to the ground
Thanks again. I did advise in earlier posts that pubs closer to the ground (Fulham Broadway) would be home fans only and that Earl's Court Road would be the best bet.

Looking at opening times it seems the Courtfield opposite Earl's Court station is the earliest opener at 10 am whereas everything else seems to be 12, unless pubs on ECR study the Chelsea fixture list and open earlier for early k.o.s? I ask as I had my eye on The Bolton