Aston Villa problems with Kit | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Aston Villa problems with Kit

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Rather proves the point Caroline Criado made in Invisible Women about many products not being designed for women.
The material is the problem and it’s a problem for the men and the women.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
But the issue is rather more acute for the women’s team.
Why? Why do you assume that men like to have sweaty tops clinging to them? They don’t.

Jul 29, 2010
Why? Why do you assume that men like to have sweaty tops clinging to them? They don’t.
Have I been whoosed or are you being serious?

Men... well professional football playing men, there's many a moob at Sunday league level... don't have breasts. Of course clingy 'wet t-shirts' are a more acutely self conscious issue for women.

I saw on the BBC News app earlier that they'd failed to get the shirt issue resolved in time for their WSL game this weekend.

But that news article then took a questionable and arguably pervy tone I thought when, in a piece of poorly timed self promotion, having just explained the Villa women would have to play in clingy wet shirts, they ended with 'you can watch the game live on BBC(?) at (?pm) on Sunday' :unsure:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Have I been whoosed or are you being serious?

Men... well professional football playing men, there's many a moob at Sunday league level... don't have breasts. Of course clingy 'wet t-shirts' are a more acutely self conscious issue for women.

I saw on the BBC News app earlier that they'd failed to get the shirt issue resolved in time for their WSL game this weekend.

But that news article then took a questionable and arguably pervy tone I thought when, in a piece of poorly timed self promotion, having just explained the Villa women would have to play in clingy wet shirts, they ended with 'you can watch the game live on BBC(?) at (?pm) on Sunday' :unsure:
No you’re not being whooshed. The original poster was claiming there was some kind of sexism in the shirt. There isn’t, it’s the same problem for the men as the women. They know it’s an issue as the men have complained about it, the women haven’t even played in it yet.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t think Castore is the greatest manufacturer, they’ve had loads of quality problems with their gear.

Oct 2, 2021
The team really do have a point. Dismissive views on their opinion and concerns are just so tiresome and 'other siding' a woman's opinion is the definition of sexism/misogyny.
There will be a load of vile comments on social media this weekend. They should wear a different kit and the manufacturer should allow this until they sort the problem out.

Reactions: boletus edulis

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The team really do have a point. Dismissive views on their opinion and concerns are just so tiresome and 'other siding' a woman's opinion is the definition of sexism/misogyny.
There will be a load of vile comments on social media this weekend. They should wear a different kit and the manufacturer should allow this until they sort the problem out.
I don’t see anyone dismissing their view. The men have complained about the kit. It’s a kit problem not a male/female problem and it’s sexist to suggest that just women should be annoyed about it.

Last edited:

robin

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 4, 2011
Daz, it isn’t just a problem for women, it is a kit problem for both sexes, but if they continue with these shirts then the problem will be more acute for the women’s team for obvious reasons. No one has assumed that the men enjoy the clingy tops.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Apparently Vila is lookkkg at ending the deal early