Assault, Mayflower gate | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Assault, Mayflower gate

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argyle's cctv is as good as any phone camera. Incredible definition.

Oct 15, 2017
Ooo , swearing at a football match , how uncouth 🤷

I can remember standing on the old Spine Cop back in the fifties when sailors still wore their uniforms and when women were small in number but if they swore in the heat of the moment they always said " Sorry Mrs " but now it's done around both women and children without an ounce of remorse. Before anyone says "it's a football match " yes it is and was back then but workmen and servicemen confined it to the workplace, ship, or barracks, not in the public domain. I'm no prude and can swear with the best of them but not outside the workplace, and yes it's uncouth but you obviously don't care.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I can remember standing on the old Spine Cop back in the fifties when sailors still wore their uniforms and when women were small in number but if they swore in the heat of the moment they always said " Sorry Mrs " but now it's done around both women and children without an ounce of remorse. Before anyone says "it's a football match " yes it is and was back then but workmen and servicemen confined it to the workplace, ship, or barracks, not in the public domain. I'm no prude and can swear with the best of them but not outside the workplace, and yes it's uncouth but you obviously don't care.
I remember that era too. It was the same on buses and in the street. Whilst I completely accord with your sentiments, have you heard some of the women today!!!!!!! That said, I still could not bring myself to swear in front of a woman that does. Generational thing I suppose.

Reactions: Green 1886

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I remember that era too. It was the same on buses and in the street. Whilst I completely accord with your sentiments, have you heard some of the women today!!!!!!! That said, I still could not bring myself to swear in front of a woman that does. Generational thing I suppose.
Yep, when the matelots had more tattoos than the women!! :D

Jul 27, 2021
It's easy to see how these incidents happen, when you see every day on here how normal discussion goes to rudeness and sarcasm within minutes☹
Being assaulted (allegedly) and having banter on a ‘chat’ forum is not comparable’matey’.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Being assaulted (allegedly) and having banter on a ‘chat’ forum is not comparable’matey’.
Well, if that is your opinion, fine. Mine is different. Different oeople, different views. For instance, I find your use of 'matey' much more aggressive than using my tag name. And I'm genuinely interested that in the spite of several eye-witness reports, you use the term "assaulted (allegedly)". Am I to believe that the OP and the others made the story up?

Jul 27, 2021
Fill your boots mate.

You clearly know how to construct a well-informed, compelling and persuasive argument. Keep digging.
Ok , how’s this . Someone got punched(allegedly). Do you know the reason why ? Was the alleged person insulted or assaulted previously? You or nobody on this forum know the facts . God help us if some of these self righteous up their own ar… became judges . KNOW THE FACTS BEFORE JUDGING .