Argyle's away support | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle's away support

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
That was a superb Argyle performance. When our third goal went in literally half the home fans got up and walked out. They had Wes Morgan playing - I always remember that we regarded him as a complete joke of a defender…!
I was at that game & there was only small segregation between the home & away end- the away end was bouncing & full of inflatables that the stewards were trying to confiscate

My abiding memory is when the ref whistled for half time the flurry of season tickets being thrown on the pitch

Jul 9, 2011
When you look back on the Peterborough, Wigan, Blackburn etc away days does it make anybody else think how much Football and supporters have changed over the years. I personally don’t know which decade was better but I suppose you only really remember the good times in the past not the bad.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
When you look back on the Peterborough, Wigan, Blackburn etc away days does it make anybody else think how much Football and supporters have changed over the years. I personally don’t know which decade was better but I suppose you only really remember the good times in the past not the bad.
For me it's the 90's I remember most. Some cracking away days with many fond memories. Some of my very favourite Argyle players like Andy Thomas, Steve Castle, Steve McCall and Dwight Marshall from that decade as well

Nov 2, 2004
I also thought that we took about 6,000 to 7,000 thousand to wigan, we were in a pub and through the window i thought we counted around 50 to 60 coaches of argyle fans driving by. springfield park maximum capacity was 40,000. That grassy bank end must of had a capacity of 5000 to 6000 and seemed pretty full. we were in on the side by the grandstand and there was hundreds of us there. As we entered the the ground through the wigan side we were counted as wigan fans not argyle. There was more of us than wigan fans that day, and how they made the argyle fans total 3,000 i dont know.
At last somebody with an excellent memory.

Mar 5, 2012
Not the biggest crowd but I remember going to Cambridge on a Tuesday night. I think it was 1993/94 and the only part of the ground allocated to Argyle was the small section of terracing in the uncovered Terrace on the side of the ground which held about 600 (Brilliant bacon rolls in french bread though). This was rammed full by 6.30 and they could not open what was then the Allotment End. To avoid a riot, they moved all the Cambridge Fans in the Main stand to one end and put the rest of us in there. Now I loved Noddy's enthusiasm for Argyle but after 2 Hours sat next to him with non-stop chants of 'Green Army' my ears were ringing and we lost 2-0. I also remember a similar incident at either Cheltenham or Forest Green where we were given the home end as so many turned up on the night
That was Cheltenham bigalf, circa 2002 in a promotion season I think, twas a Tuesday night and there were thousands of us and they had to turf out all the home fans to the away end. I also remember us all standing because the seats were so small.

Reactions: bigalf
Mar 5, 2012
Another game with a big following was Turf Moor, the last game of the season when we went down. In my head there were 4400 of us and the Burnley fans invaded the pitch at the end and we all thought it was going to be a massive fight and then they clapped us, as we had sung our hearts out - past the whistle and til they came running towards us! That was a 22hr day for me as I was living in Falmouth at the time and set off at 4am!👍

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
That was Cheltenham bigalf, circa 2002 in a promotion season I think, twas a Tuesday night and there were thousands of us and they had to turf out all the home fans to the away end. I also remember us all standing because the seats were so small.
Yes it was a Tuesday night. I had to walk home to Greenbank from Home Park after the game and got in about 02:00. Very unhappy wife as while I had told her I was going to Argyle had not mentioned it was away.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We got hammered that night but the locals couldn't believe our support.

Aug 4, 2011
Another game with a big following was Turf Moor, the last game of the season when we went down. In my head there were 4400 of us and the Burnley fans invaded the pitch at the end and we all thought it was going to be a massive fight and then they clapped us, as we had sung our hearts out
Another game with a big following was Turf Moor, the last game of the season when we went down. In my head there were 4400 of us and the Burnley fans invaded the pitch at the end and we all thought it was going to be a massive fight and then they clapped us
Not so sure being pelted with coins constitutes clapping us.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
It’s post like this that I regret saying no more away games for me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm done the same now Mike, could be an age thing but mainly because it's the same old same old. Perhaps you and I should start going again when/if we get back into the Championship. If we're still around. ;)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
2800 at Rochdale under Sheridan comes to mind, but announced as 1800 over the tannoy and on their match report as they were too embarrassed that we outnumbered them.