Argyle youth 3 v Exeter youth 0 FT | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle youth 3 v Exeter youth 0 FT

Sep 13, 2003
Yes very like Joe Mason.... only better! Bigger, stronger, better passer, more energy, reads the game better than Joe did at the same stage IMO. Will be a very, very good player if he carries on like this.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
kimbo":139mvbmm said:
Yes very like Joe Mason.... only better! Bigger, stronger, better passer, more energy, reads the game better than Joe did at the same stage IMO. Will be a very, very good player if he carries on like this.
Without wanting to be too much of a buzzkill, he's only doing it at youth level at the moment. If he can do as well as Joe Mason against the same standard of player, then that would really be incredible.

Jul 14, 2008
i would agree that tyler also reminds me of joe mason is he better only time will tell. I for one really enjoyed the game and believe we have some future first team players in this squad. me personally as well as tyler played i was very impressed with our midfield, river allen who is very neat and tidy on the ball and rarely gives away possession. next to him was my mom andrew elcock with his hunger and tigerish desire he really stood out for me, always wanting the ball playing it simple attacking when possible but always seemed to be first back to defend.a final note on the great attendance over 700 fans for a youth game and on champion league night aswell speaks volumes for our club and how we support our own

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ottawa Green":dauxeqv5 said:
Attendance 748 plus lots of Argyle first team players, such as Purse, Cole, Nelson, MacDonald, Lennox, Young, Blanchard and Williams
As well as the positive result and the performance of the lad Harvey, that this many of the first team pitch up in support is extremely good news. For me it is a clear public signal that the players solidly support the club and want it to do well.

A

Anonymous

I agree Nightshift Green, Tyler Harvey was only one of a number of stand out players last night. Having seen a number of Youth teams in recent years what really impressed me about this team was their ability to pass and play. Tyler Harvey will inevitably get most of the plaudits because of his goal scoring prowess but there are a number, particularly those you highlighted, who could make the first team in due course. The sustainable future does look promising and I wonder, in the absence of reserve matches this season whether more Youth team matches could be scheduled under the lights on mid- week evenings. The young lads deserve a wider audience and I am sure it will enhance their game.

On a wider note the last three matches at Home Park (Aldershot, Rochdale and the Youth team v. Exeter) have provided a level of entertainment rarely seen in preceding seasons. The common denominator is a wlllingness to pass and retain possession. The use of the 4-2-3-1 formation and a man in the 'hole' (Guerreri or Lecointe) at all levels at the club has brought unexpected levels of entertainment and improved results. Long may the distraction of such on-field matters concentrate the mind!

E

Ed_Blackburn

Graham Clark":3440q1c5 said:
...The use of the 4-2-3-1 formation and a man in the 'hole' (Guerreri or Lecointe) at all levels at the club has brought unexpected levels of entertainment and improved results...

Absolutely. Good to read players fitting in and adjusting to this new system too. It's been a while since we heard heard the grumbles of 4-5-1. We are beginning to play between the lines.. This all starts with youth development. Massive credit to Gordon Bennett and Mike Peijic. Lots of pressure on Kevin Hodges to continue delivering players as technically capable as Young, Sims, Copp, Leconte etc. Very glad to read we appear to be continuing with the same philosophy, blatantly supported by the first team manager. It all feels more joined up as we return to normality.

Next step? Regular football for the players as they transition from youth football to the first team. I can't help but wonder if we may need to revisit the offer of joining a competitive reserve league and playing all games away?

Massive congratulations to the youth team and their coaches.

DRJ

May 22, 2006
cornwall
nightshift green":2wn8vt34 said:
i would agree that tyler also reminds me of joe mason is he better only time will tell. I for one really enjoyed the game and believe we have some future first team players in this squad. me personally as well as tyler played i was very impressed with our midfield, river allen who is very neat and tidy on the ball and rarely gives away possession. next to him was my mom andrew elcock with his hunger and tigerish desire he really stood out for me, always wanting the ball playing it simple attacking when possible but always seemed to be first back to defend.a final note on the great attendance over 700 fans for a youth game and on champion league night aswell speaks volumes for our club and how we support our own

I had to read 3 times before I realised your mum wasn't playing in midfield Nightshift

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
memory man":i4bsv3w9 said:
Ottawa Green":i4bsv3w9 said:
Attendance 748 plus lots of Argyle first team players, such as Purse, Cole, Nelson, MacDonald, Lennox, Young, Blanchard and Williams
As well as the positive result and the performance of the lad Harvey, that this many of the first team pitch up in support is extremely good news. For me it is a clear public signal that the players solidly support the club and want it to do well.

Call me a cynic, but I imagine that would have been due to a 2.5 line whip from Fletch or the club.