Argyle v Wigan Match Thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Wigan Match Thread

Aug 15, 2015
All this arguing about Mayor and Broom.
From GoS:
Broom started 16 league games - Won 10 D5 L1 Team scored 30 goals (3 goals from R Broome) Against 12 goals.

Mayor started 4 league games - Won 0 D1 L3 Team scored 2 goals (both from D Mayor) Against 8 goals.

Read what you like, but these are the facts for this season and starting games.
Any thoughts @uptheline aka mr.goals per minute man

Jul 6, 2011
I would start both Mayor and Broom. I think Camara is a great midfield player for his work rate and determination and I love his enthusiasm. However, having watched 19 games this season, it is apparent (with the exclusion of Oxford away and Peterborough away in the league cup) that his hard work is ruined by the final pass/cross/shot.

With regards to the goals scored against us. 5 of the last 6 have been carbon copies and even at Accrington nearly all their chances seemed to come down what us old sods call the attacking side's Inside Right Channel.

However, all part of the ride that is following Argyle. I will be at Sunderland and can't wait.
I think we saw it last season with Camara. 1st part of the season, like Jephcott he was brilliant, then we lost some matches and sunk down the league. I'll say it now and once only I think camara needs the bench for a couple of matches. If this doesn't happen then I reckon it's the lower reaches of the league for us.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Obviously a bad result, but we knew these games would be tough.

Hopefully, we can get some decent results going forward and then with Ennis coming back we have other options to mix it up a bit.

Oct 31, 2015
All this arguing about Mayor and Broom.
From GoS:
Broom started 16 league games - Won 10 D5 L1 Team scored 30 goals (3 goals from R Broome) Against 12 goals.

Mayor started 4 league games - Won 0 D1 L3 Team scored 2 goals (both from D Mayor) Against 8 goals.

Read what you like, but these are the facts for this season and starting games.
Thems the stats that are real.

Says it all in my opinion

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
I think with all the talk about Broom and Mayor we are missing the main problem! That is the two up front!! Neither of them can head a football especially from our goal kicks or from corners or from crosses. It so limits us! Also for every goal they score they miss five or so really good chances! Also, being so lightweight they are incapable of shrugging off defenders in order to power into the box and scoring.
All this means we are loosing football matches through lack of goals as today.

Sep 6, 2006
I think with all the talk about Broom and Mayor we are missing the main problem! That is the two up front!! Neither of them can head a football especially from our goal kicks or from corners or from crosses. It so limits us! Also for every goal they score they miss five or so really good chances! Also, being so lightweight they are incapable of shrugging off defenders in order to power into the box and scoring.
All this means we are loosing football matches through lack of goals as today.
Exactly. Amazing we got to top of the table with that forward line.

• Wow
Reactions: briangreen

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Exactly. Amazing we got to top of the table with that forward line.

I agree.

I've seen lots of people talking about our defenders over the last couple of weeks but personally I think the ineptitude of our strikers has been the main problem.

50 shots, 1 goal.