Argyle v Wigan Match Thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Wigan Match Thread

Aug 15, 2015
Broom started at Charlton right?
And he came on at 1-1 tonight right?
Can't believe we didn't win both games handsomely 🤣
Nice to read a constructive counter argument....

Who was starting during our 16 odd game unbeaten run?

But ye, really impressive argument.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Nice to read a constructive counter argument....

Who was starting during our 16 odd game unbeaten run?

But ye, really impressive argument.
You think it was the right substitution at the right time then? 'Mayor 'eem bleddy rubbish,ged Brooooooommmmy on, eem good'
Looping cross 1-1, looping cross, 1-2. Same people 'bleddy ell Argo'

Aug 15, 2015
Nothing to do with shots on target? Interesting point!
In the context of my post, no. We weren't expected to turn these sides over in the manner of previous games. The most important thing is not to lose to them as they are 6 pointer games. Hardie and Jephcott, or Garrick, were never going to have a plethora of chances like they did at Accrington Stanley or wherever else. We shouldn't realistically expect to be able to blitz either Wigan or Wycombe. Reading posts on here about expectations of the strikers, you would think we were levels above these sides. Their defences are mean and their teams strong. Was always going to be a tight battle.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I was going to listen but not now Danny is starting. Game over.
Best player again and a great goal! Maybe you will jump off the bandwagon and understand what a great player he is! He had Wigan worried all game. Don’t be a sheep and follow others

Reactions: chester

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Best player again and a great goal! Maybe you will jump off the bandwagon and understand what a great player he is! He had Wigan worried all game. Don’t be a sheep and follow others
I'm afraid it's the popular opinion therefore if other people say it, Mayor must be crap. Loan player with one more goal obviously much better

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I would start both Mayor and Broom. I think Camara is a great midfield player for his work rate and determination and I love his enthusiasm. However, having watched 19 games this season, it is apparent (with the exclusion of Oxford away and Peterborough away in the league cup) that his hard work is ruined by the final pass/cross/shot.

With regards to the goals scored against us. 5 of the last 6 have been carbon copies and even at Accrington nearly all their chances seemed to come down what us old sods call the attacking side's Inside Right Channel.

However, all part of the ride that is following Argyle. I will be at Sunderland and can't wait.

Reactions: Doyley43

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We have the players we have- the same players that have taken us on a wonderful 16 game unbeaten run- we have hit the skids & now it has become a free for all with the knives out & consigning these same players to the dustbin
We have had 3 tough games against stronger teams in the league & people are blowing their gaskets & sounding like little kids having a temper tantrum - this really grinds my gears
We keep going, we dust ourselves down & we go again
We cant change anything until January so instead of slating,b****ing about the perceived incompetence of our team- support them - isn't that what a football supporter does or am i in the minority (rant over)

May 17, 2012
We have the players we have- the same players that have taken us on a wonderful 16 game unbeaten run- we have hit the skids & now it has become a free for all with the knives out & consigning these same players to the dustbin
We have had 3 tough games against stronger teams in the league & people are blowing their gaskets & sounding like little kids having a temper tantrum - this really grinds my gears
We keep going, we dust ourselves down & we go again
We cant change anything until January so instead of slating,b****ing about the perceived incompetence of our team- support them - isn't that what a football supporter does or am i in the minority (rant over)
Agree. A few players look like they need a rest -Pan, and the front two. Unlucky today as Wigan were really no great shakes but like Wycombe took chances we didn’t. Have to say gillsphey looks out of his depth though.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
DROP JEPHCOTT

PLAY MAYOR, CAMARA AND BROOM

Reactions: Doyley43 and max

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
We need to strengthen with some tall beefy players! We are too small and can never win some of the decent balls played into the box

Dec 3, 2005
All this arguing about Mayor and Broom.
From GoS:
Broom started 16 league games - Won 10 D5 L1 Team scored 30 goals (3 goals from R Broome) Against 12 goals.

Mayor started 4 league games - Won 0 D1 L3 Team scored 2 goals (both from D Mayor) Against 8 goals.

Read what you like, but these are the facts for this season and starting games.

Reactions: Tonka and rsp4