Argyle v Wigan Match Thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle v Wigan Match Thread

Aug 15, 2015
I think some fans in here need a reality check. Talking as if we should have a ton of chances and score a hatful of goals. Was never going to happen. Aside from being near the top, both Wycombe & Wigan are tight sides that are hard to beat and don't lose by many goals.

The difference between the two was that for the first time this season, our defence let us down and crumbled. Wigan & Wycombe didn't. We were never going to batter them but we had to compete, and our defence fell short.

Having a go at the strikers is daft. We're not playing Shrewsbury or Doncaster here. I don't think Wigan's strikers were anything special today. It's got nothing to do with shots on target or anything else. Was always going to be a tight game, just like Wycombe up until we crumbled.

Reactions: Tonka
Aug 15, 2015
Not sure he was largely poor. Camara isn’t a goal scorer, I think we’ve established that. However, his options ahead were limited. His ganglyness seems to open doors. To me, and those sat by me the problems aren’t midfield.
Careful Tonka, a bit too much common sense re Camara here.

Reactions: Tonka
Aug 15, 2015
Also somewhat amusing that you pick out goals per minute ratio, when Mayor has what 5 goals in 100+ games, and Broom 3 in about 20. And then you're saying provide a counter argument? LOL

Next time I fancy a laugh I'll give you a shout.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Also somewhat amusing that you pick out goals per minute ratio, when Mayor has what 5 goals in 100+ games, and Broom 3 in about 20. And then you're saying provide a counter argument? LOL

Next time I fancy a laugh I'll give you a shout.
This season. Goals per minute?

Thank God we took mayor off though so the crowd could see their boy put a few totally fking useless crosses into the keeper's glovesBroooooooom

Reactions: chester
Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Why our only attacking threat in Mayor went off I will never know.

Sadly Wigan did in a matter of seconds what we couldn't do in 45 and punished us. The last two games have reminded me of last season a little bit, very soft in front of goal and giving early Christmas presents away at the back.

Sep 6, 2006
I think some fans in here need a reality check. Talking as if we should have a ton of chances and score a hatful of goals. Was never going to happen. Aside from being near the top, both Wycombe & Wigan are tight sides that are hard to beat and don't lose by many goals.

The difference between the two was that for the first time this season, our defence let us down and crumbled. Wigan & Wycombe didn't. We were never going to batter them but we had to compete, and our defence fell short.

Having a go at the strikers is daft. We're not playing Shrewsbury or Doncaster here. I don't think Wigan's strikers were anything special today. It's got nothing to do with shots on target or anything else. Was always going to be a tight game, just like Wycombe up until we crumbled.
Nothing to do with shots on target? Interesting point!

Aug 15, 2015
This season. Goals per minute?
It's really sad that you desperately try to find something Mayor has 1 up on Broom. The reality is, and I would love to see you come up with a constructive argument against this, is that Argyle have performed far better with Broom in the side. Goals per minute ye? How about points won with Broom in the side vs Mayor? Goals scored vs conceded. Find me the form with them in the side. You seem to have all the evidence so I'm going to go for a coffee here in Colombia, and I do look forward to your analysis.

Sep 6, 2006
Season following last year's pattern to some extent. Good start followed by bad run with us dropping down the League. Once we start losing we seem unable to stop.

Reactions: briangreen

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
It's really sad that you desperately try to find something Mayor has 1 up on Broom. The reality is, and I would love to see you come up with a constructive argument against this, is that Argyle have performed far better with Broom in the side. Goals per minute ye? How about points won with Broom in the side vs Mayor? Goals scored vs conceded. Find me the form with them in the side. You seem to have all the evidence so I'm going to go for a coffee here in Colombia, and I do look forward to your analysis.
Broom started at Charlton right?
And he came on at 1-1 tonight right?
Can't believe we didn't win both games handsomely 🤣