Argyle v Swindon Match Thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle v Swindon Match Thread

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
I know it's a crap competition but what a poor performance and an alarming lack of depth to the squad.

Highlight, an excellent cameo from Mayor, downside, losing our unbeaten record.

And for any Argyle supporter who wishes a defeat on the team in whatever capacity, take a look at yourself.

Oct 5, 2013
It's not just Pasoti though, it happens in life as a whole. Most people will complain from time to time about faulty products and poor service. I don't think many could honestly say that they go out of their way to praise good service as often as they complain. We tend to take the good for granted.

A lot of football fans are moaners - you hear it everywhere in the stands. It's a way of letting off steam and getting rid of life's frustrations. It may not be right, but it has always been the case.

There's also a much narrower potential for comment on a good win. You can say the team was great, X and Y were fantastic and the manager is a genius. Once 20 or 30 have said that, the thread becomes very repetitive. If you try to be constructively critical when the team has won, many object to that too. After a bad performance there is the potential to critically analyse, and many take that opportunity, often over zealously.

It'll always be the case that a poor performance draws more comment than a good one. Why worry about it?
Brilliant insight and comments.

Oct 5, 2013
I know it's a crap competition but what a poor performance and an alarming lack of depth to the squad.

Highlight, an excellent cameo from Mayor, downside, losing our unbeaten record.

And for any Argyle supporter who wishes a defeat on the team in whatever capacity, take a look at yourself.
For me our squad has shown excellent strength in depth, with G Cooper, Bolton, Ennis and Mayor all having been out, despite which we’re unbeaten in 11.

Jan 6, 2004
We have always done poorly in this competition and previous iterations - I am not sure why perhaps our travel distances mean we are even less motivated to progress than other clubs - but whatever - it never seems to have any bearing on our league form at all so I am not worried by it

Sep 6, 2006
I don't think Balham Green could have seen the match if he's arguing Camara should start Saturday. Mayor was the stand out player of the match.

The one unknown in all of this is what Mayor's fitness level is. Someone said he limped off at half time.

I agree with previous poster - start Mayor and play him for as long as he feels able, then bring Camara on (who is definitely tired) when necessary.

I don't disagree Camara has been instrumental to our current league position. But he's flat out every game! Give the boy a break.
Nope didn't see it. Its irrelevant whether Mayor played well in a Mickey Mouse competition v League 2 side. Camara has been playing well all season and you want to drop him after 1 poor game?! If he needs a break why did he play last night? I'd be amazed if he is dropped but what do I know. I was amazed when Grealish the best England player on the pitch was subbed last night. Managers make strange decisions